So, I read Cruise Confidential.....

bcs819

I read it and found it funny. It won't be a classic, but it is what it is. I enjoyed reading it and I think Bruns IS attractive. I don't remember him touting his own looks though, but rather talking about how he was fawned over by other people. It is entirely possible, since he was the only American (which makes him exotic in his own way) and wasn't giving away the sex freely like others were. (he loved his girlfriend!)

I am ready for a sequel, I know he didn't end up with Bianca so I want to know how it ended.

ok, he's kind of cute, but nothing I would go crazy over.

Really!

I haven't finished the book and not sure I will. I googled him and found some pictures. In the book he talks about how fat Ramona is. There is a picture of her on his website and and she is adorable. If he thinks that is fat....geesh.

Really!

I haven't finished the book and not sure I will. I googled him and found some pictures. In the book he talks about how fat Ramona is. There is a picture of her on his website and and she is adorable. If he thinks that is fat....geesh.

Oh MY GOD!!!!!! I just went to another site, you are right, Ramona is NOT FAT! That's just wrong!

I also saw the book mentioned on this board, so went to the library and got it. I was not impressed with the book at all. Glad I did not pay for it.

I could not reconcile the man who stated over and over how much he loves his girl friend with the man who wakes up from a drunken stupor several times with some strange woman's hand is his shorts with out being ashamed or worrying about what happened? That aint love baby. good thing they broke up.

Also, it was amazing how he was a perfect waiter, yet he was always passed over for promotion and had co-workers hating him for no reason. None of it ever being his fault. Come on , we all know people like this.

I just found the author totally self-centered and unblievable.

Please let me know if there are any other books on this subject that I can actually find believable.

I ordered it on my kindle a few months ago and also felt I paid way too much. It was entertaining. A lot of it took place on the Conquest and I sail on it in a few months...so that will be interesting.

I too felt it was very embellished and that the author was over the top vain. We get it...your handsome, smart, experienced....tell us again.

After seeing many threads on this topic I checked and my local library didn't carry it. But a neighboring county library had three copies so I was able to borrow from there.

I read it in about a day, and I had a few good laughs over it. I expect there was some embellishment going on, but that's alright.

I didn't care for the generalizations about Americans that were made, but I did appreciate the look at the behind scenes work the workers go through. I never realized they had to work such long days all the time, and I was glad to see that Carnival rewarded their employees with well-deserved parties on occasion.

I have to admit I was curious about the Rondell family from AL and whether they cruised Carnival anymore, lol His depiction of that family was quite hysterical :)

Don't panic, I posted the most complimentary pics of people I could. Ramona looks cute as a button here.

Thanks for checking in :) Cute or not, she still doesn't look fat :) Would love to se pics of Bianca if there are any online somewhere:)

Almost all libraries have a "special order" program where you can order from other library systems. I once got a book from another state (though that is rare)

To save yourself the cost of the book ask your local library for an Interlibrary Loan for ISBN 193236160X, Cruise Confidential. They should be able to find it and get if for you easily from another library if they don't have it in their holdings.

It was the worst book I ever read...poorly written and very boring....wouldn't even waste my time to finish the last few chapters

Wow, takes some balls to come and talk that bad about a book in a post that the author is actually reading.

Wow, takes some balls to come and talk that bad about a book in a post that the author is actually reading.

OK...so some poster comes on with the name Bruns and it is automaticly him? Come on now. I use the name Crusin....does that make me TomCruise? And for that matter...does anyone verify FB pages? Anyone can open a FB page..all you need is an email....and anyone can get one of those as well. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Anyone can claim anything and your post was uncalled for because I was not and will never be the only one that hated this book...just read all the posts my friend:rolleyes:

I agree about the insults being of poor taste. I know for a fact the man that posted is infact the real person, as he and I have talked before, else where.

But, I am not surprised at the poor tasteless post. Whatever happened to saying it was not your cup of tea, rather than being so rude.

I read the book, and althought it was not the best, it was entertaining. I admire someone who writes, and for that he should be commended.

I agree about the insults being of poor taste. I know for a fact the man that posted is infact the real person, as he and I have talked before, else where.

But, I am not surprised at the poor tasteless post. Whatever happened to saying it was not your cup of tea, rather than being so rude.

I read the book, and althought it was not the best, it was entertaining. I admire someone who writes, and for that he should be commended.

one more time......read all the posts...I am not alone in my opinion of the book:confused:

one more time......read all the posts...I am not alone in my opinion of the book:confused:

No one said you were. You were just the last and the most blatant. Seriously, if you met the author in person, would you actually walk up to him and say to his face, "I thought your book was boring and poorly written" or do you just use the internet as your safety mask to hurt people's feelings?

And you will have to forgive me, it is hard to see the rest of the comments. It just takes so long to scroll past your brag list of vacations....

Archived