So, I read Cruise Confidential.....

bcs819

because I keep seeing the title pop up in threads here, and I wasn't that impressed. I mean, it was a good read, but maybe I have been on these boards too long, but I didn't really learn anything. Well, I did learn that the crew quarters is apparently a drunken orgy a lot of the time, but not much else.

Am I the only one who was disappointed? I could have spent that $12 on bingo...

because I keep seeing the title pop up in threads here, and I wasn't that impressed. I mean, it was a good read, but maybe I have been on these boards too long, but I didn't really learn anything. Well, I did learn that the crew quarters is apparently a drunken orgy a lot of the time, but not much else.

I agree, interesting read but nothing really special. I had my local library order it. So no money out of my pocket. It would make a good cable movie, sort of an anti-Love Boat theme. The author is a member here and mentioned a while ago that it was being considered for production.

My town doesn't have a library. We are pretty rural. It isn't worth it to me to make the long ride to the library, especially with gas prices. I would love to see it as a movie, though, I thought Bianca was a bitch. I think HBO would have to make it though, with all the sex and nudity ;)

I enjoyed it, but I like reality TV too, so.....

And I only spent like $5 on it??

I enjoyed it, but I like reality TV too, so.....

And I only spent like $5 on it??

It was $12 for my e-reader. But DH says he will read it, too, so maybe I only spent $6?

OP change your username to DontLoveBruns.

No, I said it was ok to read. I guess I was just expecting some shocking discoveries, but after 9 years on CC, I guess I know more than I think I did :)

I bought it used on Amazon..$3.00 free shipping. Glad I didnt pay more I was totally unimpressed.. It was helpful only when doing the Behind The Fun tour to relate to some of the places I read about in the book..

Get it from the library, dont waste your money.. Just my 2 cents!

Read 95% if it (on my Kindal ) and it was enlightening.

Did not realize the amount of time it took for the waiters to go back for seconds or another dish.

I did not realize this either, now I know why they brought my daughter about four times the amount of chicken nuggets after the first night, when she wanted more.:)

We will definetely remember this little tidbit.

I found it to be interesting. Kind of made me feel sorry for the crappy working conditions that the employees have to deal with, but they are there by choice.

I wish there was a book written from a room stewards perspective. I imagine they have some very interesting stories to tell of things they find in the rooms.

Ok...ok...I'll admit it! I had my local book store order it and I paid full price! My wife would laugh if she knew it as I never (usually) pay full price for anything. I've read the first few chapters. Interesting and somewhat funny read. However, most likely only 50% is true.:D:rolleyes:

OK, so I guess I am the only one who paid full price for the book ($15). :eek: But, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be passing it on to others. It does make you appreciate all the backbreaking work the wait staff and others go through to meet our every request. Yes, I think some of it was embellished a bit, but that is what sells books, movies, etc. Another poster mentioned they are there by choice, which is true, but they are just trying to achieve a quality of life for their familes that we are blessed with by living in the USA

Archived