Formal nights?

We've been on 7 cruises and have always brought formal wear. But, for this next cruise there are some things to take into account.

1. I do tend to change after dinner because of the heat, so I am only dressing for dinner and pictures.

2. And this is the real big one - Airlines charging for baggage. So, our next trip I am telling my wife and kids, you can take whatever fits in your carryon and that's it.

So, I will probably not bring my tux, I am probably not even going to bring a jacket and I was a bit worried about it until I read this thread and realized that it really doesn't matter what I wear. A cruise is probably one of the few places where you can wear a tux and be standing beside a guy in a swimsuit!:) I think formal nights are going to come to an end simply because of the economics of it. It doesn't make sense to pack so much for 2 dinners.

You may not have "seen" them being uncomfortable, but they were. That's why most of them hit their cabins after dinner and change into what IS comfortable.

Amazing how insightful some people are. They can even see things that us mere mortals don't notice. In fact, even though we are enjoying ourselves and feeling that we are comfortable in our clothes, they always know better.:rolleyes:

For the record, I have never changed clothes after dinner, except to go to bed.

Think I might report that as abuse.

Totally uncalled for IMHO

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Amazing how insightful some people are. They can even see things that us mere mortals don't notice. In fact, even though we are enjoying ourselves and feeling that we are comfortable in our clothes, they always know better.:rolleyes:

For the record, I have never changed clothes after dinner, except to go to bed.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Would love to know in what way I was being narrow minded and spiteful. I am one of the most laid back and open minded people you could meet.

How can I be narrow minded when I am one of the users here that believes in the "Wear what you want" way of life ?

Sorry but what I was getting at is that certain RC Cruisers seem to think of RC as an upper class cruise line which it is not which is demonstrated by the bellyflop competition which I thoroughly enjoy watching.

Wear what you want. There will be hundreds of others on board that really don't see the need for the pomp and cremony of "formal" night.

Yes, I agree. I think that is what drives "The Clothes Police" wild!;)

On the other hand, to those who like so-called formal nights, they are free to participate. What is the big deal here?

Sorry but what I was getting at is that certain RC Cruisers seem to think of RC as an upper class cruise line which it is not which is demonstrated by the bellyflop competition which I thoroughly enjoy watching.

We have 35 cruises with RCI and 9 with Princess. I've never considered either of them to be "upper class", but definitely a vacation experience that is enhanced by formal nights and beautiful dining rooms. Our first cruise was with NCL and every cruise since has featured a belly flop competition and the hokey horse racing. I thoroughly enjoy them both. If I ever go on an upper class cruise line that doesn't have either of these events, I'll probably miss them.

Would love to know in what way I was being narrow minded and spiteful. I am one of the most laid back and open minded people you could meet.

I think that your posts to Grandiva were rude and as pcur said.. deliberately baiting. You ignored her opinion and just attacked her. Just my opinion, of course. When challenged by pcur, your only response was "Oh please don't take life so seriously. Chillax !"

We have 35 cruises with RCI and 9 with Princess. I've never considered either of them to be "upper class", but definitely a vacation experience that is enhanced by formal nights and beautiful dining rooms. Our first cruise was with NCL and every cruise since has featured a belly flop competition and the hokey horse racing. I thoroughly enjoy them both. If I ever go on an upper class cruise line that doesn't have either of these events, I'll probably miss them.

I think that your posts to Grandiva were rude and as pcur said.. deliberately baiting. You ignored her opinion and just attacked her. Just my opinion, of course. When challenged by pcur, your only response was "Oh please don't take life so seriously. Chillax !"

So basically you misunderstood me.

I forgive you

XXX

Thank you. I'll sleep so much better tonight for knowing that.:rolleyes:

But you have to promise to root for Bolton today and Spurs tomorrow.:eek:

Of course.

My business partner is a Chelsea fan so I of course want to see Bolton ruin their season tonight.

I have always had a soft spot for Spurs and Harry as my Grandad was a Spurs fan.

I will then be rooting for Spurs to beat Chelsea this weekend as well.

I take it you are a United fan then ?

Archived