Silver Cloud vs Silver Spirit

Eager2Travel

Duct tape is right you are comparing two different things. I just came off the Cloud and really enjoyed her. The word on the Cloud was that the Spirit is really luxurious, more choices, very good. The Cloud is like an older comfortable friends - small enough that you basically know most people onboard after a few days. Nice choices of dining but not spectacular. I'd say try the Spirit as she is the shiny new object but I just did the Cloud so I'd want to try something else next time.

Thanks for the input. I read some of the Spirit comments and have a better understanding. The Cloud sounds like our Shadow experience which was very pleasant. I have a few more days to decide. Ann

Hi Sam91403

I suggest u do as much reading as u can, the boards here are very helpful and there are lots of reviews to read (see the link to my review on the Whisper below in my signature).

Ultimately it comes down to itinerary and price. I will never sail on Seabourn because I can't seem to get a low single supplement whereas I can on Silversea. Personally, I believe the SS itineraries are better also.

From what I've read about Seabourn, it is a wonderful experience too so I'm sure u won't go wrong with whichever line u chose:)

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Silver Spirit is in no way a mass market type ship. Service and food were as good, or better than Shadow. The ship is beautiful; it's just a bit different than the other ships in the fleet. We're booked again on Spirit this December for 18 days, Wind for 18 days in March of 2011 and Spirit again for 15 days in Oct/Nov 2011. You're not going to go wrong with any ship in the SS fleet.

Archived