Is there no chance of a lounge chair for me?

Meredisney

Lots of active threads regarding "CHAIR HOGS" this morning. I'm getting nervous because we have a couples massage scheduled at 9:15am on our first sea day on the Dream (Eastern Itinerary). Its scheduled to end around 10am. By the time our massage ends, will all of the chairs been taken by the HOGS???? Is there no chance of a lounge chair for me? :eek: I don't really care where I lounge, by the pool, on a sun deck, adult area, etc.... as long as it's in the sun. Oh please say there is hope for me....;)

I've never seen every lounger taken. May not be any by the pool but there will be other areas that have open loungers. No worries.

I get up super early. Maybe I need to start hiring myself out as a chair holder. People can pay me by the hour to sit in the prime chair spot until they are ready to use it. That way a body is in the chair so it's not hogged and I make a nice income while cruising (my services would not be cheap LOL)

I am pretty sure they have more lounge chairs than guests, no thats not scientific, but man, there are chairs all over and they will be tons of chairs open and available all day long. THE ISSUE is where the chairs will be, the "chair hogs" term refers to people that reserve but dont use the "prime" chairs that are immediately around the pool or such, but the pool area is always crowded all the same, if you want a chair and some sun, go up a level, get a bit away from the crowd and you'll find chairs all over the place....I also think you get slightly better bar service as the servers don't have such a crowd to mess with, though I'll admit thats just a personal opinion! ;)

To fully answer your point, unless you want a chair first row next to the pool or right next to the pool, you'll still have plenty of chair opportunities around after your massage. What, at worst to get to the pool you may have to walk down some stairs?? :rolleyes: Enjoy your morning and the day after :)

Im not sure if you are serious or only want the few chairs right in front of the pool or what??

Remember there are tons of lounge chairs that are always empty, if you want to move a little away from the pool.

I dont know why 3000 people always have to have the few dozen chairs right in front of the pool, nice, but not necessary for me to have a good time.

Is there no chance of a lounge chair for me?

None what so ever. They only have 1 lounge chair on the entire ship. First come, first serve.:rolleyes::D;):p

LOL That's GREAT!!!!! You definitly made me laugh!

Im not sure if you are serious or only want the few chairs right in front of the pool or what??

Yes, although written with a light hearted tone, I really was being serious. :D

I've never been on the dream so I'm not really sure of the amount of chairs and with all the talk of HOGS this morning I started to question the day of my massage. But, I'm happy to hear that there are plenty of loungers on the ship. My priority isn't really being up close to the pool, so it looks like I have a shot. Thanks Everyone for your replies.

I was on the Dream in Feb. Plenty of Chairs, I never did use one though, we were way to busy...Next cruise to warm weather, I am making sure there are more sea days! 4 ports in a row is crazy if you plan on seeing the ship :rolleyes:

Having been on the dream recently, as long as you don't have to be right by the pool, you should have no problem. We prefer being away from the noise of the main lido area and were able to find 4 chairs together around 11am.

there are Plenty of chairs all over. Again maybe not right by the pool , but you will certainly get one.

I must be weird :)

I DON'T want a chair next to the pool. too noisy , too many people walking around, too many kids running and yelling.

As long as it is out in the sun and I can lay out, I am very happy with a chair on a quiet little piece of deck.

First, there are more chairs than passengers.

Second, if you find a chair that looks like it has never been occupied, just ask the surrounding pasengers of said chair if they have seen the occupants. Once you get a NO, move the stuff, and take the chair.

there are Plenty of chairs all over. Again maybe not right by the pool , but you will certainly get one.

I must be weird :)

I DON'T want a chair next to the pool. too noisy , too many people walking around, too many kids running and yelling.

As long as it is out in the sun and I can lay out, I am very happy with a chair on a quiet little piece of deck.

well said... I totally agree!

Lots of active threads regarding "CHAIR HOGS" this morning. I'm getting nervous because we have a couples massage scheduled at 9:15am on our first sea day on the Dream (Eastern Itinerary). Its scheduled to end around 10am. By the time our massage ends, will all of the chairs been taken by the HOGS???? Is there no chance of a lounge chair for me? :eek: I don't really care where I lounge, by the pool, on a sun deck, adult area, etc.... as long as it's in the sun. Oh please say there is hope for me....;)

not only is their hope for you on the Sun Deck...but the waiters will hawk the DOD's there as well...so you can drink them and buckets of beer all day if you want:D

When we sailed on the Legend, there were plenty of chairs on the Lido deck in the adult area on the aft section of the ship. Occasionally, it was crowded, but not as bad as other areas. I have always seen plenty of chairs on the upper decks of the ships, away from the pool area.

I've never seen every lounger taken. May not be any by the pool but there will be other areas that have open loungers. No worries.

I get up super early. Maybe I need to start hiring myself out as a chair holder. People can pay me by the hour to sit in the prime chair spot until they are ready to use it. That way a body is in the chair so it's not hogged and I make a nice income while cruising (my services would not be cheap LOL)

Will chair sit for DOD?icon10.gif

Archived