grand princess

icons

we are going on a 14 days carib. cruise in oct on the gp. this will be our 16th cruise, most on celebrity, and holland. have been on one princess and was not really impressed. this cruise has the itnenary that we want, and we wanted to find out what our ccritic travelers think of the grand princess. we just returned from celebrity equinox and loved every second. we were on the celebrity solstice last year, and enjoyed it just as much. any thoughts on the gran d princess? thanks, bob & ibis:)

We are on this cruise. Have sailed The Grand in the Med and the Baltics and once in the Carrib. Food seems better than other Princess ships and I really like the layout of this ship. I would get the fixed dining as having the same Waiters every night will enhance your experience.

We have done about 12 cruises, most on Princess. Have found Princess far superior to Holland America( Limited food selections, food not as good and deserts poor on Holland)My sister has sailed on the Grand and found RCL and other lines a dissapointment when comparing.We are about 60 years old, if that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions

Mike

Hi we just returned on 3-12 from a wonderful cruise on the Grand. We have cruised with Princess many times, Royal Carb a few times and Carnival once. We love Princess. We find the service wonderful the food good the entertainment good, and the ships are always kept in good repair. I think each person has different expectations of what they want from a cruise , for us personally Princess is the best fit. The itinerary on this last two week cruise was very good, a nice variety of islands , some we had been to before and some not. All in all we enjoyed our cruise on the Grand and would do it again. Hope you have a wonderful cruise experience on the Grand.

Cori

We were on the Grand over the holidays and had a fantastic time. We thought the food was very good, the shore excursions were great, and the crew were fantastic! I think if we go on a cruise with the attitude that we are so blessed to be on it, that we will have a great time.

We were on the Grand 3/12/10 and the cruise was so fabulous I am hesitating writing a review!!!! Everything was wonderful. The service in the MDR fantastic. Our head waiter and wait staff outdid themselves. Room Steward equally as good. Lido bar staff the very best!!

You will have a great time! Wish we were cruising the Grand again soon.

Cheers, Denise

We were on her mid-January and enjoyed her a lot. The crew was excellent and the food great. She will be going in for dry dock next spring but we saw nothing that should spoil one's cruise vacation. If you are doing the Caribbean Collection, you will love it...we will certainly do it again.:)

we are going on a 14 days carib. cruise in oct on the gp. this will be our 16th cruise, most on celebrity, and holland. have been on one princess and was not really impressed. this cruise has the itnenary that we want, and we wanted to find out what our ccritic travelers think of the grand princess. we just returned from celebrity equinox and loved every second. we were on the celebrity solstice last year, and enjoyed it just as much. any thoughts on the gran d princess? thanks, bob & ibis:)

If you didn't like your previous Princess cruise, I can't imagine why you'd suddenly like Grand, especially if your previous experience was on a Grand Class or equivalent ship. Except for decor, there isn't much difference.

Having just completed our 2nd Caribbean Collection and contemplating a third on the Grand, should be a simple indication that the ship, crew, food, beverages, wait staff, and itinerary are all excellent! On our most recent cruise, the speciality dining rooms were pretty much empty as no one seemed to want to pay extra since the food in the MDRs was great!:D

Just off two weeks on the Grand and have nothing but good to say. The food was superb and the service top-notch. We enjoyed all the ports (with the exception of Port-of-Spain). This is our second Princess cruise and will be planning our third... Mac

Just off two weeks on the Grand and have nothing but good to say. The food was superb and the service top-notch. We enjoyed all the ports (with the exception of Port-of-Spain). This is our second Princess cruise and will be planning our third... Mac

They could eliminate that port & substitute a day a sea & I'd be much happier. That stop was a total waste of time. At least I can say I was there one time but I'd never return.

They could eliminate that port & substitute a day a sea & I'd be much happier. That stop was a total waste of time. At least I can say I was there one time but I'd never return.

In 2011 the Grand Princess is going to Grenada instead of Trinadad.

Thats too bad. If you had done a tour you may not have felt that way. I heard there was absolutely nothing to do when getting off the boat.

This island is RICH in oil :eek:and that is there main source of revenue.

Tourist are NOT:(. Which is why we get catered at many of the other islands that rely on Cruisers like us!! LOL

Our tour to Asa Wright was GREAT...just learning about and seeing an island is enjoyable to me. It make me realize how lucky I am to live in USA and/or that there is a WHOLE other world out there for me to see and explore!! :D Hope next time is better for you.

Kris

Thats too bad. If you had done a tour you may not have felt that way. I heard there was absolutely nothing to do when getting off the boat. There was something to do in terms of sightseeing but it came along with the fact that the place was filthy (downtown & no matter where you turned it seemed you were at risk of being mugged. The only other island where we've experienced this feeling was in Jamaica and it wasn't even as that bad.

This island is RICH in oil :eek:and that is there main source of revenue.

Tourist are NOT:(. There's no doubt about the fact they don't care about any tourists. Which is why we get catered at many of the other islands that rely on Cruisers like us!! LOL

Our tour to Asa Wright was GREAT...just learning about and seeing an island is enjoyable to me. It make me realize how lucky I am to live in USA and/or that there is a WHOLE other world out there for me to see and explore!! :D Hope next time is better for you.

Kris

When we travel to an place on a vacation we usually like to wander around & explore what the place looks like on our own & this wasn't the island to do so. We were even warned not to go into certain areas by one of the locals because of all the muggings. There was nothing to buy, the place was filthy and not much to see downtown that you would want to walk to without fear of being assaulted. As davekathy said, in 2011 they'll be stopping in Grenada and that should be an improvement.

Have been on the Grand twice around the Med. One of my favourite ships. Noticed that the balcony area showed some signs of wear and tear (as others have posted) but she has a wonderful atmosphere. Interior areas of the ship and the general outside areas appeared to be looked after. Staff were great. Wouldn't hesitate to go on the Grand again.

Hi Icons, we finished the Caribbean collection last Friday on the Grand. This was my first Princess cruise; I've had two Celebrity and one Royal. IMHO, your enjoyment will be based on how you prioritise; if food is your number one, Princess will disappoint. While I had some excellent soups and some good appetizers, I only really enjoyed two entrees, and some were simply bad. The buffet area was a little small, and I was surprised to find that there were no "fresh" areas, i.e., waffles, pasta, omelettes as on X. However, I found Princess to be better on entertainment (both shows and the cruise director's staff). Layout of the Grand was awkward compared to Solstice; we got a lucky upgrade to a mini suite so I have to give Princess a win there! The big picture, of course, is that it was two weeks in the Caribbean, and we had a great time; nothing was a huge disappointment. If you go, I'd definitely recommend Sabatini's; they really have a passion for what they're doing, and it shows (vs. the steakhouse, service was indifferent and the entrees were cold). All a mattter of perspective, of course, but I think we're probably going back to Celebrity unless a specific itinerary pushes us elsewhere. Good luck!

Archived