Am Thinking of Cancelling ............

Hi Mandie

Just been looking at your photos. I don't see a problem but then I'm trying to shed what I call my bloat weight before June so can't tell you not to. By that I mean that the minute I get there I swell up, tummy, fingers and feet so I'm trying to shed a couple more pounds to account for that. I'm naturally quite slender but needed to lose a few pounds round the middle after Xmas as I hate tight waistbands and not being able to bend down over my midriff with ease (just a personal thing). Been doing Lynn Robinsons Pilates DVD's which are good as they are not too strenuous, a bit tricky to master the technique at first as I usually do Yoga. Definitely toned up the mid-section though. Went on the IE in March and ate everything apart from the spuds, they weren't very nice, couldn't believe it when I came back in at the same weight after the bloat went down. Have you really lost 6 stone? Well done if you have. Good luck and don't worry.:)

Jan

Hi Mandie

. Have you really lost 6 stone? Well done if you have. Good luck and don't worry.:)

Jan

Haha, Yes I have - still cannot believe it now - I was obviously big - Size 18/20 and got to a size 10/12 - but now I am a size 14/16 :(

I really want to get back to being a 12 again - unfortunately I have been through a lot the last 1.5 years, and my downfall is that I comfort eat - hence putting a bit back on.

Well I am not allowed to do any kind of excerise atm - due to my operation - but after 3 mths, will be back down the gym - hoping to anyways.

I am walking as much as possible atm, which isnt alot, and have been told to take things easy - which doesnt help when you want to loose weight :eek:

Ho, Hum!!! :rolleyes:

Well I am on Day 4 of my diet - so hope if I post here - it will help me - have really cut down and being healthy - so hoping with help from everyone here - I will manage, lol

:D

Haha, Yes I have - still cannot believe it now - I was obviously big - Size 18/20 and got to a size 10/12 - but now I am a size 14/16 :(

14 /16, Ah you're slim the Mandie. :)

DW's a 20 /22 .

Once you can get going it'll soon drop off.

Berwyn

Aaaww - well to me you look like a really happy, chirpy girl that anyone wouldnt mind passing the time of day with ! I've just returned from 'Fat Club' this evening (well that's Rosemary Conley to the rest of you) - I am a typical yo-yo-er. Put it on from the start of the summer holiday (cruise:D) and keep piling it on until spring. Returned to fat club 3 weeks ago weighing in at my heaviest - 13 stone, and so far shed 10 lb, with about another 1.5 stone to go to some sort of goal - so yes it's the lettuce leaf and Gin & Tonic diet for me for a few more months. Still enough of this - yep if you've lost the weigt before you will do it again, then feel happier about yourself ESPECIALLY if you have a fab cruise to work towards. Imagine wearing all those lovely frocks in you slim-line frame.

Hope with all of our support you've put those silly ideas of cancelling out of your mind now. PLEEEASE :)

Fig

Aaaww - well to me you look like a really happy, chirpy girl that anyone wouldnt mind passing the time of day with ! I've just returned from 'Fat Club' this evening (well that's Rosemary Conley to the rest of you) - I am a typical yo-yo-er. Put it on from the start of the summer holiday (cruise:D) and keep piling it on until spring. Returned 3 weeks ago weighing in at my heaviest - 13 stone, and so far shed 10 lb - so yes it's the lettuce leaf and Gin & Tonic diet for me for a few more months. Still enough of this - yep if you've lost the weigt before you will do it again, then feel happier about yourself ESPECIALLY if you have a fab cruise to work towards. Imagine wearing all those lovely frocks in you slim-line frame.

Hope with all of our support you've put those silly ideas of cancelling out of your mind now. PLEEEASE :)

Fig

Awww thanks for that Fig - yes I know thee "Fat Club" - I did find Rosemary Conelly quite good - might have to rethink this :rolleyes:

Yes, I have some clothees which would be ideal for the cruise - but cannot get into yet - so am hoping, with great dedication (its been done before, lol) I can get back to this - the last thing I would want to be worrying about is not to be able to enjoy all of those gorgeous things on the cruise.

So, albeit my tummy is rumbling and just fed it with an apple, haha - I am determind to get this weight off - and yes, thinking about the cruise - gives me a good incentive - although you havnt convinced me yet, lol :eek:

14 /16, Ah you're slim the Mandie.

DW's a 20 /22 .

Once you can get going it'll soon drop off.

Berwyn

Berwyn

Does DW know you're broadcasting her size all over the internet :eek:. You'll be going on holiday in a small wooden casket if you're not careful. :D:D.

Mandie, you look fine, carry on. Buy the Weightwatchers snacks and cakes if you're allowed (nice and small). Morrisons do the same cakes but cheaper (99p). Poundland sometimes has them as well for, guess what, a pound :D. Helps ward off the sweet tooth but don't eat the whole packet. If you like ginger buy a jar of stem ginger and nibble one every day, great for the digestion. :D. OMG I'm turning into a right know-it-all, sorry.

Jan

Berwyn

Does DW know you're broadcasting her size all over the internet :eek:. You'll be going on holiday in a small wooden casket if you're not careful. :D:D.

Jan

Hi Jan,

You can see from our cruise pics she's no Twiggy, but I'm no slim Jim either.

Berwyn

Well - a lovely white outfit like that will look fantastic standing on the ships decks with a glass in hand and the sun setting over the sea - just think about it - how can you not do it ????

As for me - my saviour is Go-ahead biscuits (just the one mind) if I need something sweet, or if I'm being a little naughty a couple of Maltesers or else I seem to have a love of beetroot and balsamic vinegar if I have a savoury head on. None of these have alot of fat / calories. But - hey, you've lost 6 stone before, you don't need to be told how to do it - just the motivation and THAT ALL IMPORTANT GOAL - need we say more, plus of course you'll loose your deposit:D - what else can I think of ......

Fig

Don't cancel. Us blokes get nerves too :o

I have been on 4 Thomson cruises solo and always get a episode of not wanting to go before I actually set off for the airport and the excitement kicks in. I now find it gets easier each time so just go for it :)

Bubbles- I think you'll look stunning with or without the weight! ;)

I think lots of us get that "don't want to" feeling before we leave our cosy nest.....fear of the unknown, what will people think....how do I make friends? Just go for it, and remember that you'll be meeting people who'll probably have the same fears.....

Love, Jo.

Your pictures are fab , but what really matters is how you really feel and what you want to achieve , I try to lose some weight but it always seems very halfhearted , no will power :o but hats of to you and what you have lost so dont beat yourself up for a few pounds :)

mrs.c

Hi Mandie,

This is the only holiday that i would go on my own, i will talk to any one and thats the key, when you sit at a bar or on a sunbed just talk, that way you meet a lot of people, and when you have a meal you will be with others.

If it was a case of going or not going i would 100% go.

carol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carol

Well it seems that I am in the minority - still feeling very nervous - and still have a month let to make that final decision, lol - but on the plus side, I have managed to loose 7lbs in a week - woohoo :D eating really heathily now which is good.

Just another 2-3 stone to go to I get to my ideal weight :eek: :rolleyes:

Hi Carol

Well it seems that I am in the minority - still feeling very nervous - and still have a month let to make that final decision, lol - but on the plus side, I have managed to loose 7lbs in a week - woohoo :D eating really heathily now which is good.

Just another 2-3 stone to go to I get to my ideal weight :eek: :rolleyes:

Hi Mandie

7lbs Wow!! Fantastic. I bet you feel great. The worse bit is the plateau that happens every now and then but the best bit is when you push through it after losing nothing for a couple of weeks after all the diet and excerise and then 2 or 3 pounds come off in a week. :):)

Jan

Archived