Anyone stay at the Marriott on the waterfront in Seattle?

marilynbn

I was wondering if anyone had stayed at this newer hotel. I am surprised that it is actually more expensive than the Edgewater. Has anyone stayed at either The Edgewater or the new Marriott. I would love a comparison. Obviously the edgewater is closer to the pier Marilyn

we stayed at the Edgewater a few years ago.

The location was fantastic, but the hotel, at that time, was a bit run down for the price we were paying.

Everything worked, nothing was stained, everything was clean and the service was excellent, but the "feel" of the hotel was more like an early '60s Jersey shore family motel than we were expecting.

On the plus side, when you opened your window, it was like being on a ship - water right under you and we could watch the various ships and boats in the harbor. If it had been clear (it almost never is), we could have seen the mountains, too, from our room.

Given it's location, we would definitely stay there again if we were to ever go back to Seattle. We really liked being able to leave the car and just walk the waterfront.

I was wondering if anyone had stayed at this newer hotel. I am surprised that it is actually more expensive than the Edgewater. Has anyone stayed at either The Edgewater or the new Marriott. I would love a comparison. Obviously the edgewater is closer to the pier Marilyn

We stayed at the Marriott during the summer and absolutely loved it. We had a room with a waterfront view. We sat in front of the window, sipped some wine, and watched the Sapphire Princess sail out on its cruise. We will be sailing the Sapphire to Alaska in May and will be staying at the Marriott again. We like the fact that the location is central to a lot of places. We checked in, left the car with the valet, and walked everywhere. We did go over to the Edgewater, but have not stayed there. When I tried to book a room at the Edgewater and the Marriott, I actually found the Edgewater more expensive. I have heard good things about both hotels, don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

We have stayed at the Marriott. An excellent location across from Anthony's and a short walk/elevator ride to Pike Place Market. Fun as the previous poster mentioned to watch the cruise ships sail in (a couple dock only a few yards away.) The hotel is pricey, but the rooms are quie nice.

Les

I stayed at the Seattle Waterfront Marriott in June. It wasn't for a cruise, but I was there on business. It is simply a FABULOUS hotel with an equally FABULOUS location. It is right on the water and is brand new. The beds are plush and the rooms are spacious. The dock for Celebrity and NCL are right across the street--walking distance! Princess and HAL are not close by--they are in a more industrial section of the port that is about a 5-10 minute taxi ride away. As a previous poster said, the hotel is just a short walk from Pike Place Market and all the waterfront activities, restaurants, etc. And, the waterfront trolley runs right out front, so you can take that if you don't want to walk. The only downside of the hotel is that there is are train tracks that run directly behind the hotel. There are trains that run on these tracks and when you are outside, they are loud. I had a room that faced the water (many rooms have water views) and I NEVER heard the trains. However, I don't know if that is the case for other rooms. The hotel is kind of built in a "U" shape and I was on the inside of the U. Possibly a room on the outside of the "U" would hear the trains--I don't know. If the price is right, I would stay at the Marriott again in a heartbeat.

BTW, I stayed at the Edgewater many years ago and found it nice at the time (but then again, my standards were much lower then). Also, is it still called the Edgewater? Seems like when I was last there, it might have been renamed. Maybe I am wrong about that.

Oh, one more thing about the Marriott--it is close to the waterfront park with miles of running trails. I ran every morning and it was great!

Archived