Great Stirrup Cay... NOT ABOUT WHO OWNS IT

rjm11

The lunch included burgers, barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese, salad fixings, fruit, pound cake and banana bread. There was more but I can't remember the rest of it.

The only place to get ice is at the bars. Bring an insulated cup with you to keep your drinks colder.

The soda card works on GSC also, except it's canned soda and not fountain soda.

What you say is true. I asked for Mountain Dew with my soda card and I was told I needed to go over to the main bar. They did have the fountain sodas there, including Mountain Dew.

Since it sounds like shade is in short supply, and I didn't see anything on the ncl site for out itinerary about reserving a clamshell in advance, will they allow you to bring your own umbrella? We have a fairly lightweight beach umbrella that I don't mind packing if it means we can have a beach day without DH or our baby turning into a lobster. At least bringing ours would be a guarantee that we'll have one...

Since it sounds like shade is in short supply, and I didn't see anything on the ncl site for out itinerary about reserving a clamshell in advance, will they allow you to bring your own umbrella? We have a fairly lightweight beach umbrella that I don't mind packing if it means we can have a beach day without DH or our baby turning into a lobster. At least bringing ours would be a guarantee that we'll have one...

If you don't want to be right by the water, there are areas in the shade. We found some really nice lounges in the shade, but it was a short walk back to where you could swim. The lounges are so close together, I am not sure how you would put up your beach umbrella.

Loved!! the snorkeling here!! Saw some things I did not and have not seen in Roatan, San Diego, etc. Didn't expect much, but we were out over 3 hrs, and it felt like only minutes because it was so interesting!!

So where do you snorkel in San Diego?

Thanks,

Vic

I'm just back from GSC. None of the new changes are in effect yet. They have closed off the path, but it was easy enough to just walk around the fence. I took the trail all the way to the broken down pier. I tried to get to the light house, but was attacked by a swarm of flying bugs! At the pier, there were some workers cleaning up the area. I snorkeled from their to a small beach nearby. I saw a big sting ray! However, the water was very shallow with weeds, so it was not good snorkeling at all (aside from the sting ray). On the beach, I found a message in a bottle! It was from a boy a month ago who threw it from a nearby island. I have no idea how often anyone ever goes to that beach (it's only accessible from the water), so it could have been many months or even years for someone else to find it.

I'm just back from GSC. None of the new changes are in effect yet. They have closed off the path, but it was easy enough to just walk around the fence. I took the trail all the way to the broken down pier. I tried to get to the light house, but was attacked by a swarm of flying bugs! At the pier, there were some workers cleaning up the area. I snorkeled from their to a small beach nearby. I saw a big sting ray! However, the water was very shallow with weeds, so it was not good snorkeling at all (aside from the sting ray). On the beach, I found a message in a bottle! It was from a boy a month ago who threw it from a nearby island. I have no idea how often anyone ever goes to that beach (it's only accessible from the water), so it could have been many months or even years for someone else to find it.

I was there too debating to hop the fence, er, walk right around it, and check it out myself. You mention broken down pier...last year it was all fixed. Was it all broken down again? What were the workers cleaning up? I remember the lone swimmers finding broken glass in the water on the other side of island.

Did you answer the boy's message in a bottle? My brother did something like that years ago and he was all excited to get an answer a year later and where the guy found it.

Did you notice if they were blasting the rocks right near the fenced area? I hear they are making a cut so the tender drops off passengers there instead of from the current beach area.

I am so glad I did not venture on my own last time there as tempting as it was. I would have freaked at getting attacked by flying bugs! I am glad you made a safe return back!

coka

Would you two have complained or sued if you went around the fence, but then stepped in a hole and hurt yourselves?

Let me guess, "No, of course not"

LOL. My usual thought on fences is that they're there for a reason. I'm reminded of an awesome sign I once heard of...

"The bull can make it to the fence in seven seconds. ... Can you?"

LOL. My usual thought on fences is that they're there for a reason. I'm reminded of an awesome sign I once heard of...

"The bull can make it to the fence in seven seconds. ... Can you?"

Yeah, if you see something falling and yell "DUCK!!!" most will take cover. A few will stop and look up......

Would you two have complained or sued if you went around the fence, but then stepped in a hole and hurt yourselves?

Let me guess, "No, of course not"

No, of course not. LOL. My conscience told me something like that would probably happen to me. I would fall, hurt myself, nobody would know where to find me, and I would be eaten by buzzards (or flying bugs) all week until someone else came along.

Seriously though, I did not want to get into trouble as I knew the fence was there for a reason...to keep people out. That and something about curiosity killing the cat...!

Big Steve, I only thought about it. If that is bad, then I am guilty of a lot of other things! Wink wink,

coka

Yeah, if you see something falling and yell "DUCK!!!" most will take cover. A few will stop and look up......

I think that has something to do with natural selection:rolleyes:.

Not to stray too far from the topic my two youngest are excited about the hippo slide so I reserved the excursion for them.

Archived