Whisper Drydock

endosunshine

According to my SS representative the following is a list of things that will be done during the upcoming drydock......

For your information below is in a short summary work /improvement during the Dry-dock May 10 in Genoa beside the general maintenance

-Carpeting

New carpet in all corridors , landing , stairways, public areas, all suites (same design as Silver Spirit, Silver Wind)

-Suites

New curtains and sheer curtains, New upholstery for sofas , chairs (same as Spirit) , general maintenance in bathrooms.

New bed mattress in all suites (same model as Spirit)

New balcony furniture for large suites

New Sound system for large suites

-Public areas

New color for La Terrazza, Panorama lounge, Observation lounge, Reception area (same as Silver Wind)

Sound system upgrade in Theater, Panorama Lounge and La Terrazza

Upgrade internet capability

-Pool & deck area

Complete new jogging track (same as Spirit)

New deck furniture (same as Spirit)

-Upgrade Pool grill area , canvas extension , new oven for Hard rock grill concept

-New canvas for outdoor la Terrazza (will provide more shade for dining)

Technical work

Major technical maintenance which include upgrade tenders , Hull silicon paint, etc..

Crew Area

General maintenance and upgrade some crew area

All this work will give a new fresh look to the vessel

According to my SS representative the following is a list of things that will be done during the upcoming drydock......

Yes, and thanks, but will they be upgrading the chips served poolside?

Yes, and thanks, but will they be upgrading the chips served poolside?

It is my understanding that in order to afford all the upgrades they are now going to serve Wal-mart brand chips on even numbered days and "Willie's Sav-a-buck Cheap Chips" on odd numbered days!!! :D:p

Looks like Whisper will have much of the good from Spirit minus the structural design flaws. Jogging track is huge, glad to see addition of hot rocks and the interior design of Spirit is quite nice. Looking forward to our October trip.

Thank you for this, we will be on the Whisper to Norway in July and it does sound like the ship will be in great shape. This is a first SS cruise for us. Now all I have to worry about is the quality of the potato chips!

It appears that we will be on the same voyage! We are planning to be in Buenos Aires for about 5-6 days before the cruise and spend 4-5 days in Chile at the end prior to coming home.:)

We can't be away quite that long - but I am planning a couple of days on the ground both pre- and post-cruise! Are you spending all those pre-cruise days in BA or are you perhaps thinking of an excursion to Iguazu Falls?

Bob.

Haven't quite decided yet, I am still in the planning stages. I have booked a place to stay and that is all so far. I hear the trip to Iguazu Falls is a fairly easy one.

I have a couple of guide books, Trip Advisor (where I am a DE for Charleston) and re-learning spanish since I have forgotten everything! Have forgotten all my German as well, took 2 years of each, but that was a LONG time ago.:(

Melanie

I guess I will get to enjoy that "new car smell" on the first trip post dry dock:) I was concerned after reading the earlier posts about the condition of the Whisper. I now can't wait until May 24th! I promise to treat the refurbished lady with respect.

Cheers

Mo

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on SA cruise Jan 2011. Would also love to hear all about it from cruisers who are on same itinerary. Have no idea what we will be doing for excursions/activities/hotels. Also looking forward to enjoying refurb Whisper!

Thanks,

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't quite decided yet, I am still in the planning stages. I have booked a place to stay and that is all so far. I hear the trip to Iguazu Falls is a fairly easy one.

I have a couple of guide books, Trip Advisor (where I am a DE for Charleston) and re-learning spanish since I have forgotten everything! Have forgotten all my German as well, took 2 years of each, but that was a LONG time ago.:(

Melanie

We will be going to BA for the fifth time in 5 years. Always spend a few days there, before going to other places--Bariloche, Mendoza, etc. If you need a guide in BA or Mendoza, or have questions, I would be happy to share experiences. Though mi espanol es muy malo. callmrich1@aol.com

Archived