Azamara Demographics

Zouave

Happened???? Azamara, and many other cruise lines, have been doing this for many years. Right now there are fantastic interline rates on Seabourn in the Far East. How about $1,500 for a 10 day Seabourn cruise? Or $1,050 for 7 day in the Med. A 13 day TA on SeaDream Yacht Club is $1,399. All plus tax, of course. I can find 7 Azamara cruise at interline rates. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

It is too bad that interline rates do not include hotels where my DH works :(

Pardon my ignorance,but what are interline rates and how do us poor people in the UK get them :o:):)

Here's the description from one popular on line cruise agency:

Azamara Club Cruises offers interline discounts on select sailings to (Agency's name) customers who are currently employed with a domestic or international commercial passenger airline, Federal Express, Astar Air Cargo, or United Parcel Service (UPS). These guests may book up to two staterooms at the interline discount. The following guests are eligible to book one stateroom at the interline discount; Spouse or Parent of an airline employee (as listed above), and employees of Sabre, Worldspan, Galileo/Apollo, or Amadeus. Retired airline employees are also eligible provided the airline is still in operation (e.g. retired employees of Eastern Airline do not qualify). Qualifying employees must present an I.D. badge from their respective company at the pier.

I checked rates for some of the cruises (it's only for certain cruises...all this year & none in 2011 yet), but substantial savings. In some cases, 50% off the already 50% reduced price (or 75% off brochure price.)

Here's the description from one popular on line cruise agency:

I checked rates for some of the cruises (it's only for certain cruises...all this year & none in 2011 yet), but substantial savings. In some cases, 50% off the already 50% reduced price (or 75% off brochure price.)

and that is why you are suppose to keep your mouth shut while you are onboard...

how would you like to hear that the UPS driver who has nothing to do with travel, gets a WAAAAAYYYY better rate than you...

who has travelled with Celebrity, RCCL, and Azamara countless times

and this is why I recommend the negative comments be curtailed..

It is a courtesy agreement...not a right for any and all

the key word is COURTESY...you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours...

You don't bit the hand that feeds you...

I know in the past there has been a list...Royal Viking had one, Royal Cruise Line did and so did Sitmar.

I know cruiselines have them ...they just don't tell you...

I know several mainstream hotels that I was part of management staff had them, and if we didn't like the behavior

of certain travel agents or interline employees...there was no room at the inn...so to speak

... and that is why you are suppose to keep your mouth shut while you are onboard...

Brings back memories of our first cruise, on Cunard. One of the couples who we shared a table at dinner with was a retired TWA pilot and his wife, who told us what they paid for their cruise, a 'jaw dropping moment' for both DH and I, who had spent 4x as much plus the 35% currency exchange rate at that time (unlike now, when our dollar is at par with the U.S.$ .)

It was a little annoying and my first thought was that I wished they had kept it a secret, but they were a very nice couple whose company we enjoyed, and who would not have been able to take the cruise had they not had that discount.

Once again- I am paying full fare just like everyone else- I am not getting any special deals (even though I do qualify). When I pay full fare, I expect to get full service, just like anyone else! I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had problems getting brochures, and I know I'm not the only person to have problems with customer service. I'm not upset, I just find it ridiculous that any business can try to reinvent itself as a luxury high end product and have so many problems with customer service. If Azamara wants to succeed in the future, customer service is the first thing they need to improve, along with update all websites and e-docs. When I called to ask about the inconsistancies with my e-docs and new cruise policies, I got told "not to sweat it" which was not helpful in any way. Other calls have been very mixed, some very good agents and one who acted like answering a question was a huge imposition. I've read so many similar accounts on these threads lately that Azamara management should really be paying attention.

Ah so those people that boast of large discounts arent telling lies,seems like a USA thing even tho we have UPS etc in the uk,the best we get is senoir discount which doesnt apply to us,no one ever ask who i work for :):):)

Ah so those people that boast of large discounts arent telling lies,seems like a USA thing even tho we have UPS etc in the uk,the best we get is senoir discount which doesnt apply to us,no one ever ask who i work for :):):) ps does any one pay full price

Ah so those people that boast of large discounts arent telling lies,seems like a USA thing even tho we have UPS etc in the uk,the best we get is senoir discount which doesnt apply to us,no one ever ask who i work for :):):) ps does any one pay full price just

Ah so those people that boast of large discounts arent telling lies,seems like a USA thing even tho we have UPS etc in the uk,the best we get is senoir discount which doesnt apply to us,no one ever ask who i work for :):):) ps does any one pay full price just a thot

Archived