All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

Someone posted about the webcam back upthread, but I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

I sailed mid-December a few times. Love going then - prices are cheap and the weather is usually glorious. Yes, the water can be cool, but I'm not much of a swimmer. I get in the water at HMC every time just because it's beautiful there. It's fine once you're in for a while. Can't tell you about snorkeling because I don't.

ATD is in the midship restaurant on all ships that have two MDRs.

Doubt that the safes in the suites are different from the others. If it does have a swipe lock, you simply do that - swipe a card (recommended that you do NOT use a current credit card or your room key). I just take an old store credit card or empty gift card. Once you swipe it, it is locked. Put the card somewhere safe in the room so you'll be able to find it again! Next time you swipe it, the safe opens. Next time, it locks. And on and on.

No hot tubs in the gym. They have saunas and steam rooms, though.

I love the Fantasy class. I hate the stadium seating and big TVs on the larger ships. I don't hang around the Lido pool area, though, so it isn't much of an issue. The only thing I'm looking forward to on Conquest is trying a Guy's Burger and having the Fish and Chips. Other than that, I'd really rather be on Fantasy!

Thank you for the information. This helps so much. Will be sure to have old card just in case.

Someone posted about the webcam back upthread, but I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

I sailed mid-December a few times. Love going then - prices are cheap and the weather is usually glorious. Yes, the water can be cool, but I'm not much of a swimmer. I get in the water at HMC every time just because it's beautiful there. It's fine once you're in for a while. Can't tell you about snorkeling because I don't.

ATD is in the midship restaurant on all ships that have two MDRs.

Doubt that the safes in the suites are different from the others. If it does have a swipe lock, you simply do that - swipe a card (recommended that you do NOT use a current credit card or your room key). I just take an old store credit card or empty gift card. Once you swipe it, it is locked. Put the card somewhere safe in the room so you'll be able to find it again! Next time you swipe it, the safe opens. Next time, it locks. And on and on.

No hot tubs in the gym. They have saunas and steam rooms, though.

I love the Fantasy class. I hate the stadium seating and big TVs on the larger ships. I don't hang around the Lido pool area, though, so it isn't much of an issue. The only thing I'm looking forward to on Conquest is trying a Guy's Burger and having the Fish and Chips. Other than that, I'd really rather be on Fantasy!

For some reason, I failed to bring home the FunTimes for each day in September. I have two copies of two days, though! Does that count? :o

Let me know if I can look up anything in particular for the 3 days I have (Nassau, Freeport, 2nd Sea Day).

Let me have a look for the Wok times (yes, my folder is still sitting on the end table because I keep forgetting to haul it upstairs to put in with all my other extremely valuable (never to be looked at again) documents from prior cruises!)

Yep. It's open from 12 - 3:30 both days and listed as being open 12 - 2:30 on the last sea day, so I'd guess that's the case on the first sea day.

For some reason, I failed to bring home the FunTimes for each day in September. I have two copies of two days, though! Does that count? :o

Let me have a look for the Wok times (yes, my folder is still sitting on the end table because I keep forgetting to haul it upstairs to put in with all my other extremely valuable (never to be looked at again) documents from prior cruises!)

Yep. It's open from 12 - 3:30 both days and listed as being open 12 - 2:30 on the last sea day, so I'd guess that's the case on the first sea day.

thanks! In all my cruises I have never had it. looking forward to trying it and without a huge line

we leave on the 14th and I am still having questions. One more please...... the safe in the grand suite, is it a number one or is it one that needs some kind of card with magnetic strip? If you need a card could you explain how it works?

Thanks for all the great answers you have all given.

I stayed in the jr. suite 2x and it had the number safe so pretty sure the grand would be the same

thanks! In all my cruises I have never had it. looking forward to trying it and without a huge line

michelle1836, I had the wok everyday except debarkation day:eek: It was great. Watch out for the HOT stuff!:o it is smoking. I always have them mix the black bean and Thai so its not to hot. Port days there wasn't much of a line. Helpful hint, there is a top row of vegetables that some people miss:DPink

michelle1836, I had the wok everyday except debarkation day:eek: It was great. Watch out for the HOT stuff!:o it is smoking. I always have them mix the black bean and Thai so its not to hot. Port days there wasn't much of a line. Helpful hint, there is a top row of vegetables that some people miss:DPink

Ahhh come on Pink. Hot is good. lol. I always get the wok on embarkation day (since never a line - we get there early). The veggies on top are great but very hard to see for short people.

I'm going on the Fantasy in January; first time on this class ship. I've been on Conquest, Glory, and Victory. I know it's a smaller ship, but I've noticed the Fantasy consistently gets positive reviews. Anything in particular we should be sure not to miss? I am glad there is still the Mongolian Wok! I was disappointed when the Glory did away with it when it had the 2.0's. I enjoy the deck parties and dance club and hoping to hit the comedy club this time as well.

If anyone is going Jan 5, let me know! The roll call has been a little quiet and I'm hoping to meet a few people on board.

Okay, hopefully this comes out right. I scanned in my Funtimes from my recent Halloween cruise on the Fantasy. They are black and white .pdfs so hopefully you can at least get an idea of what went on. I don't have the "day at a glance" little tear off portion for the sea days, my son did what they are for and tore them off and carried them around to check out certain events :D

Day 1 day at a glance.pdf

Day 1 Funtimes.pdf

Day 2 Funtimes.pdf

Day 3 day at a glance.pdf

Day 4 day at a glance.pdf

Day 4 funtimes.pdf

Day 3 Funtimes.pdf

Day 5 Funtimes.pdf

I also have never tried the Wok. I'm just such a creature of habit - once I find something that I like, I tend to not venture out. Which is just STUPID on a cruise because if I try something new and it isn't to my liking, I can simply go back to the old, tried-and-true whatever because I don't have to pay extra! :p

I just spent the last hour or so reading the menus for all the various 2.0 offerings on Conquest. I must confess that I am looking forward to trying some new things - like a breakfast burrito and Guy's Burger. And although I normally avoid beer when I cruise (simply because it's too filling and I might not have room for all the food I want), I do like the Thirsty Frog Ale.

TabFox - I don't do the comedy shows, so can't help there. Sorry. I did enjoy both The Brits and Motor City shows (and I normally do not enjoy the main-show-lounge productions). The 5-day itinerary Roll Calls just never seem to be very active.

thanks for the info! I don't do hot well so I'll get a lot of black beans! but my BF loves hot! and he is also tall so he can tell me what veggies are on the top row. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. We are booked in an inside cabin on empress deck near the back (AFT). On the deck plans I see a set of stairs that lead up to the next deck and on up to the serenity area (lido deck). Can anyone confirm that you can take these steps all the way up to serenity or are they for crew only? It would be much easier to walk up these steps than walk forward to the next set up steps/elevators. Thank you so much!

Thank you for the updated fun times. Does the fantasy have a "special" Bloody Mary bar outside the dining room for sea day brunch? I had a few on the dream and they are so much better than the basic ones you get at the regular bars. Thank you :) cheers

Fantasy is one of the smaller ships. The sea day table service dining is in the Celebration dining room, Deck - 8 Atlantic mid-ship, and the Cleopatra's Piano Bar is the only bar on that level which is just outside of the restaurant.

The bar wait staff are very prompt inside the restaurant and I believe they get the drinks from Cleopatra's. I see folks that are return cruisers use their "drink coupon" to get their espressos, mimosas or Bloody Mary's in the restaurant for brunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from the airport to the Port. We are looking at this cruise for Sept but not sure how to get from the airport. We considered a rental car but since it has to be returned to the airport we would have to pay parking for the time we are on the cruise.

Not sure if they have a shuttle service ? or if a couple taxi's would be better. There are 8 of us.

TIA

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from the airport to the Port. We are looking at this cruise for Sept but not sure how to get from the airport. We considered a rental car but since it has to be returned to the airport we would have to pay parking for the time we are on the cruise.

Not sure if they have a shuttle service ? or if a couple taxi's would be better. There are 8 of us.

TIA

post this here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=628998&page=39

bobsfamily is really quick to respond and chock full of Charleston info!

You may want to check on the East Coast Departures board. There are a couple of long, informative threads there about sailing from Charleston, hotels, transportation, etc.

Here's the big one. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=628998&page=20

It isn't the easiest port city to navigate, to be honest.

I've always driven down the night before and stayed at a hotel that offers parking during the cruise. I take it you are flying in the day of sailing? Not something I ever do any more, so I really am not of much use.

Anyway, check that board/thread. I know there is a link to a site where you can calculate taxi fare. It may be possible to reserve a taxi van that can accomodate all of you and all that luggage.