All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear before. We will be arriving by shuttle from the hotel so there are two shuttles involved. That was the shuttle I was referring to. I'll check with special needs.

If you are taking a shuttle from the hotel, you will be dropped at the area right where the shuttle picks you up and takes you to the terminal. There should be minimal wait because they run the shuttles quite often. After you offload your checked luggage at the luggage tent you will walk directly to the shuttle and get on. Once the shuttle is full they send it on it's way to the terminal and another shuttle will pull up in it's place.

I have yet to have to wait on a shuttle to the terminal. But just my luck, now that I have said this....next time I will have to wait. LOL :)

If you are taking a shuttle from the hotel, you will be dropped at the area right where the shuttle picks you up and takes you to the terminal. There should be minimal wait because they run the shuttles quite often. After you offload your checked luggage at the luggage tent you will walk directly to the shuttle and get on. Once the shuttle is full they send it on it's way to the terminal and another shuttle will pull up in it's place.

I have yet to have to wait on a shuttle to the terminal. But just my luck, now that I have said this....next time I will have to wait. LOL :)

Thanks for the reply, any advice on what time to arrive (earliest)?

Thanks for the reply, any advice on what time to arrive (earliest)?

I would take the earliest shuttle that the hotel offers. Around 11:30 arrival has been a good time for me on my last 3 cruises. By then they have cleared all the previous passengers off the ship.

The good thing about the staggered arrivals due to the shuttles is that there never really is a crowd inside the terminal. We have had a bit of a wait at the security screeners for carry on luggage but once you get through that it's straight up to a counter with hardly any wait.

I have gotten there at 11:30am, checked my luggage at the luggage tent, hopped on the shuttle to the terminal, gone through security, checked in at the desk, taken the embarkation photo, taken my sail and sign pic, walked up the gangway and had my first drink of the day and plate of food in front of me by 12:30.

There are 3 links to my Fantasy reviews in my signature below. The December one we came in with folks who were parking at the terminal but the March 2012 one and the June 2010 one were both via a taxi ride which your hotel shuttle will follow the same route. There is a much longer wait for those that are parking in the terminal parking area.

Another great Fantasy vacation! Spent New Year's at sea (first time in a grand suite.) Staff was excellent. Food was great. The passengers/guests were all friendly. Maybe it was the time of year, but all the guests seemed very friendly and respectful. My 19 month old loved the shows. The staff make it VERY accommodating for toddlers. Thanks Fantasy team!ImageUploadedByForums1389026645.307066.jpg.794f3ea859b55cbe74e0df74ab88ecd8.jpg

Another great Fantasy vacation! Spent New Year's at sea (first time in a grand suite.) Staff was excellent. Food was great. The passengers/guests were all friendly. Maybe it was the time of year, but all the guests seemed very friendly and respectful. My 19 month old loved the shows. The staff make it VERY accommodating for toddlers. Thanks Fantasy team![ATTACH]297798[/ATTACH]

glad you had a great time!

Had a blast on the Fantasy last week. Lots of pictures on my Shutterfly Site:) Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

Here are the links:

Review on boards http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1966413&highlight=fantasy

Member view (yes, this is somewhat different than my board review): http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=247282.

Shutterfly Picture Site Link: https://decembercarnivalfantasycruise.shutterfly.com/

Had a blast on the Fantasy last week. Lots of pictures on my Shutterfly Site:) Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

Here are the links:

Review on boards http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1966413&highlight=fantasy

Member view (yes, this is somewhat different than my board review): http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=247282.

Shutterfly Picture Site Link: https://decembercarnivalfantasycruise.shutterfly.com/

Can't wait to read the review and see the pictures as soon as I get to my computer!

Sent from my TARDIS

Have you booked another cruise yet???? So fun to meet you on the Fantasy! Just posted my review since we have a no school day....too cold!

Another one already booked for July! Come with us and we can team up for trivia!!! LOL. Email me for details!

Thinking about squeezing another one in before then!

Sent from my TARDIS

Here are the links:

Thanks for the review:) how cold was SC? I see pants and sweaters! we are coming from Alberta Canada

Thanks for the review:) how cold was SC? I see pants and sweaters! we are coming from Alberta Canada

South Carolina was cold, 44 when we arrived and not much warmer while on the ship in port...especially because of the wind! Since you are from Alberta, you should be okay ;) We are from Wisconsin and though it was cold, we were so happy and excited for the trip it didn't matter. Our thicker hoodies and jeans were perfect for us.

Some fellow cruisers were in winter type jackets and many of the crew were wearing winter jackets and snow hats. Unfortunately, the wind is what made it more chilly! Enjoy your trip and focus on sailing to warmer weather!

South Carolina was cold, 44 when we arrived and not much warmer while on the ship in port...especially because of the wind! Since you are from Alberta, you should be okay ;) We are from Wisconsin and though it was cold, we were so happy and excited for the trip it didn't matter. Our thicker hoodies and jeans were perfect for us.

Some fellow cruisers were in winter type jackets and many of the crew were wearing winter jackets and snow hats. Unfortunately, the wind is what made it more chilly! Enjoy your trip and focus on sailing to warmer weather!

ekkk! I leave in 17 days ;)

Guess I better rethink those shorts and consider more pants!

ekkk! I leave in 17 days ;)

Guess I better rethink those shorts and consider more pants!

I wore shorts and my swimsuit most of the time on board and while in port during the day. On the last evening I opted for my jeans but other night I wore Capri leggings. It was nice to have the warmer gear for the flights especially since we were flying back to the freezing cold. Keep the shorts but I have at least 1 pair of pants or jeans and one heavier long sleeve, I like a hoodie just in case I need the hood!

It was 18 degrees F this morning, never got above freezing, supposed to be 20 in the morning.... AND 73 this Sat... We rarely get this cold but every 3-5 years we get an arctic blast. I live about a 15-20 min. ride from the terminal near the beach... it was colder inland.

We own a condo literally right across the street from the port, is there a way to just walk up to the port with our luggage? I know you can not walk up to the terminal and must board the the shuttle for that, but as far as walking up and not having to go through the car drop off line. We see the cruise activity all of the time, but have never been on this one and we are going in March. Thanks!

We own a condo literally right across the street from the port, is there a way to just walk up to the port with our luggage? I know you can not walk up to the terminal and must board the the shuttle for that, but as far as walking up and not having to go through the car drop off line. We see the cruise activity all of the time, but have never been on this one and we are going in March. Thanks!

Yes you can. If you look to the left (looking at the terminal) you will see an area that allows you to walk up, drop checked luggage and go thru a gate to await a shuttle to the terminal.

Have a wonderful cruise!

does anyone have copies of recent funtimes daily papers- we sail in Febrary got a good deal on cabin and flight to Charlston.

icon7.gifFive day Fun Times Nov 2013

We just got back so I thought I'd post a current set for those that may be interested.

http://ppl.ug/f8eqsYRAUgI/ Cheers, Tip :)

I will post the SEVEN day shortly! As soon as we get back! :D