All Things Fantasy

NCTribeFan

Negatory! These two suites are on deck 12. They are beautiful and have private balconies that are extremely private, in other words you can't see them from the "cheap seats".

You have a dining room, walk in closet and a doorbell! They are S-1 and S-2 and I am sure pictures exist {if not I will share from some friends in 01.2014}!

You are right! Even if you know where they are it's hard to find the balcony. Probably the biggest cabins on a Carnival ship....

Thanks for all this good information. Maybe I will find out Monday that we are not too late.

May I ask...what do you think the reason is that Carnival doesn't just list and sell the Owners Suites like any other accommodation? It sounds like a lot of people would love the chance to book them.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all this good information. Maybe I will find out Monday that we are not too late.

May I ask...what do you think the reason is that Carnival doesn't just list and sell the Owners Suites like any other accommodation? It sounds like a lot of people would love the chance to book them.

Most of the time they are "given" to someone with either a large Wedding party (all going on the cruise) or booking with 15+ cabins. They either get it at a reduced rate or are "upgraded" to Owners suite because of how much they spent.

When none of this happens and it's within 45 days of sailing they will offer the suite to select (don't know what the criteria is) cruisers until someone bites.

Hope you get it!

Carnival contacted me again yesterday. There's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that both S1 and S2 are still open. The bad news is that I would have to pay more than twice as much as I have already paid. Since DD and DSIL are with us in a second cabin, it is just too much money for us all to stay together, which is what we want.

So we will be enjoying our cruise looking up from the Lido deck instead of the other way around. Thanks for all your help.

If you Google ---Carnival Fantasy owners suite--- and select images, you will find quite a few photos. There's one from the Lido deck...you can see the cruiser on her owners suite balcony. There is also a floor plan.

This is from our cabin crawl in January. Yes you can put the entire CC group in there and STILL have room to spare. Didn't work out that way when we got to the R deck and porthole rooms though.

1_zpsa06f7bfc.jpg

Door bell is on the wall on the left.

2_zps1cb4afa6.jpg

3_zpse5164809.jpg

4_zpse8a87d07.jpg

5_zpsb2127aef.jpg

6_zpsa4a033e3.jpg

This was the view back "down" to the Lido. As you can see it is quite private!

Does anyone have pictures of the OB balcony. I'm not having much luck finding one. I'm in cabin V38.

Try to Google "cruise line rooms carnival fantasy" and select the sixth answer. The one with the search words as the URL rather than the other travel sites.

It is a free site. There are pictures of V42 which is really obstructed but it will give you an idea. They are considerably larger than an inside or ocean view. They have a small sleeper sofa and table, great for room service. The balcony is tiny. When the Fantasy class was designed they didn't think anyone would want a balcony.

You'll have the best stateroom staff on the ship. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Fantasy experts. I am reviewing the lists of cabin amenities on the CCL website. It appears that hairdryers are not provided - is that your experience? I think of them as a pretty standard inclusion.

Thanks.

Hello, Fantasy experts. I am reviewing the lists of cabin amenities on the CCL website. It appears that hairdryers are not provided - is that your experience? I think of them as a pretty standard inclusion.

Thanks.

We were in an OV on Rivera. I do not remember there being hairdryers in the bathrooms (we had 2 rooms)... If there was, there would be no way I would have even used them anyway. The bathrooms were very tiny where we were at (no big complaints, they were there to go and use a standup shower) but I had way more room by the vanity area to dry my hair (which is in the room area, not the bathroom)..

Fantasy class does not have hairdryers.....make sure you pack one. And you may want to take a power strip also. Belkin makes a really good one that has 3-4 electrical plugs and 2-4 USB plugs. You can get it from Amazon for less than $10.

Thanks.

Typically every cabin steward has several available to borrow. Ask him or her when you first see them, or their assistant steward. Heck, ask anyone from the cabin maintenance crew when you see them in the hall!

Fantasy has the greatest room staff of the fleet.

A word of warning though. Fantasy has electric shaver killer outlets in her bathrooms over the mirrors. If you borrow a hair dryer from your steward it will be a 230 VAC model (round pronged European type versus our flat blade plug style) and the switch on your outlet in the bathroom will have to be in that position so it will run and get hot. Use a pencil or other nonconductor to move it from 115 to 230. I am sure it's insulated and you could use anything with a point but why take a chance?

Shaveroutlet_zpsc1398736.jpg

Be sure to switch it back to 115 before your DH or whoever plugs in their IPad charger, electric shaver, or whatever. It will go VERY fast and then smell like smoked electronics. My Norelco died a terrible death at the "hands" of that bathroom outlet!

Caveat emptor :rolleyes:

I've been on both and they are the exact same layout just different decor and different bars. I thought the food was better on the Fascination. But I did the chef's table on the Fantasy and it was such a great experience! Our room steward was more personable on Fascination-but that's not a ship difference. The dining staff was varied on both ships but we had anytime dining. I decided on both because of the close proximity, price and destination.

Do any of you Fantasy veterans know what the suggested attire is for Chef's Table? I know closed toed shoes are required, but as far as the general style of dress, is it casual elegant or dressy? Thx.

Another question. In my email this morning is an offer - "Upgrade to One of Two Exclusive Penthouse Owners Suites on your July Fantasy Cruise!"

I'm pretty sure this is an upsell not an upgrade (you guys taught me that)since the word free is nowhere to be found. But looking at the Fantasy deck plans, I don't even see an owners suite on the Fantasy anyway. Am I missing it? Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is this just a mistake? I called and emailed the PVP, but no response so far. Thanks for any info or guidance.

I got an email and phone call to upgrade to this suite as well (We cruised on 06/22/14). I looked at the pictures they emailed me, as was very tempted but just could not see paying an extra... ready for it..... $1,900.00 on top of what I already paid! We were in an Oceanview (2 adults and 2 teenagers) and there were times I was wishing I had paid the extra for a larger room! We about got on each others nerves trying to get ready for dinner etc... lol :)

Do any of you Fantasy veterans know what the suggested attire is for Chef's Table? I know closed toed shoes are required, but as far as the general style of dress, is it casual elegant or dressy? Thx.

I've never been but every cruise I've been on and seen the chefs table it looks like cruise elegant is the appropriate attire

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's whatever the dress is for the night as in your fun times. We went on smart casual night and I saw casual button up shirts,polos Capri's, etc.

I seem to remember getting a letter about the table and it did specify closed shoes (we had one person that went flying back to her cabin - she had sandals on) but I cannot remember what it said about dress... everyone did have nice clothes on. After about the 5th bottle of wine it did not seem to matter, I even got over the constant taking of "food" pics.

BTW please put the camera DOWN and eat/enjoy!