Need advice~Fiance's ex won't let us have the kids for vacation!

I'm so happy for you and the kids that everything worked out and they will be coming with you.

On a different note now, and being the organizer and planner that I am, seeing how your ex has acted not caring how the children feel in all this, she may not help them get ready for the cruise. She may not get their toiletries, clothes, etc. She may not supply them with suitcases and not check that they remembered to pack everything, including pjs, underwear, etc. So, please remember this too and make sure they kids are all taken care of before you go with all their clothes.

I remember about 10 years ago I forgot to pack my dd's and ds's pjs for a cruise and do you know every cruise, they still make sure I remember LOL

Have a wonderful time with you family!

What a BE-YATCH! I've been married 28 years come May 8th (Dream cruise - woo hoo!) and my hubby's ex STILL causes problems! She even refuses to go to our granddaughters birthday parties if we are there! (which we are -too bad for her!) The things I've found out from my stepdaughter that she was told when she was growing up would make your head spin. her mother told her so many lies to make her hate us it ridiculous. Things like we never paid child support, I'd call and complain what a brat she was, Why do people have to act this way?

Besides hiring an attorney and fighting her in court does any one have any suggestions! :(

I'd send her this thread the day you leave... let her read what other people think of her tactics... and maybe give her something to think about :p

Have fun on your trip :D

I'd send her this thread the day you leave... let her read what other people think of her tactics... and maybe give her something to think about :p

There are always two sides of every story, hers, his and the truth. She might of had a good reason to act like she did. Who knows, but I am glad that the children get to go on the cruise.

That's evil yet oh so fitting LOL

Yes the papers say that we get them one week in the summer for vacation but she still refuses to let them go.

The divorce was final in 1995! She has had time to get over it!

My husband's divorce was final in 1994....still had problems up until this last year after the last child turned 18. It was miserable. We were supposed to have the kids every other week....maybe had them twice a year and then not at all because she moved and we couldn't find them. The courts did nothing. When we petitioned the court to no longer have to pay child support (you have to do this in the state of MD) when our time was up - the court refused to help us find her. And this is with them getting her pay from DH's paycheck and sending it to her.... Ridiculous. Not a single iota of help.

Good luck. Hopefully the ex will not change her mind again. I could say that my husband's ex was jealous when we got married in 01....but she got remarried a few years later...still bitter or something....

No one gives the ex the right to drag her kids into the mix just because she feels 'wronged' in some way. An ex is an ex for a reason - always. But, it's pretty low and childish when you get the kids involved in your anger or whatever it may be.

What a BE-YATCH! I've been married 28 years come May 8th (Dream cruise - woo hoo!) and my hubby's ex STILL causes problems! She even refuses to go to our granddaughters birthday parties if we are there! (which we are -too bad for her!) The things I've found out from my stepdaughter that she was told when she was growing up would make your head spin. her mother told her so many lies to make her hate us it ridiculous. Things like we never paid child support, I'd call and complain what a brat she was, Why do people have to act this way?

We share quite alot! Same anniversary...same number of years and EXACTLY same horror stories ....cept ours came from hubbys former wife and she wreaked havoc on the boys lives. They are now adults and pretty much have come full circle and are very aware of just what was going on.

Heck, I just want to know how you got a court date so quick! That would NEVER happen in Dallas!

Me and my ex cruise together with our daughter..in the same room. I didn't realize how lucky I was!

nor in PA:confused:

im sure if the dad wasn't complying with current court orders (child support, visitation, etc.) he'd have been shot down in flames on this one. If i read correctly & custody was stated as 1 week only every summer, it's rather odd to hear that sort of limited visitation (might want to address that issue), sounds like some extra time w/their other parent is overdue

to the OP (fiance/soon to be step-mother) divorce is not a contest, nobody ever truly wins:( . Take the high road & enjoy ur trip!

• 4 weeks later...
We were planning on getting married on the beach in Jacksonville the evening before we leave on the cruise. Thats is why it was so important for us to have all the kids there. Didn't want to jinx it though!

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy your trip!

Exactly what I was thinking. I haven't read through the entire thread, but so glad you are all going. DH and I both have exes who have been difficult at one time or another, but nothing like this. Guess she likes getting you all upset for nothing.

This sounds like a situation for a "Best Friend". A good friend will listen to you and give suggestions. A Best Friend says "I hope we buried the body deep enough".............It's just a joke. Sorry about the situation sounds awful for all involved.

Archived