12:30 or 3:50 Flight From FLL?

discjoker

Hello, I know the question of what the earliest flight is to take from FLL comes up quite often, however I need some specific advice on which flight (based on departure time) to take. I will be on the 9/3 Zuiderdam Eastern Caribbean. I have two options since I am a loyal Delta flyer. First option gets me on a non-stop flight back to Boston leaving FLL at 12:30pm. Option number two gets me on a connecting flight (connecting in Atlanta) leaving FLL at 3:50pm. I would trade the earlier flight for a more relaxing morning thus taking the later flight. What would you do? Is the 12:30 flight cutting it too close? Would the 3:50 flight have me waiting around the airport forever? Also, what is the latest time one could to be off the ship. I would appreciate all advice/opinions. Thanks. :)

I have always done a 12:30 pm flight out of Ft. Lauderdale and have been at the airport by 10 a.m. at the very latest. This year I chanced it and booked an 11:25 a.m. flight out of Ft. Lauderdale, I am confident I will make this flight, provided everything goes according to schedule, and do realize what can happen if I miss it, but I am thinking positively. We have a suite on the Zuiderdam when my friends have to fly back, so we'll disembark earlier and I am flying home on a Wednesday from the Volendam and expect and hope traffic at the airport to be lighter than on a Saturday.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

Hello, I know the question of what the earliest flight is to take from FLL comes up quite often, however I need some specific advice on which flight (based on departure time) to take. I will be on the 9/3 Zuiderdam Eastern Caribbean. I have two options since I am a loyal Delta flyer. First option gets me on a non-stop flight back to Boston leaving FLL at 12:30pm. Option number two gets me on a connecting flight (connecting in Atlanta) leaving FLL at 3:50pm.

My personal opinion?

That's a no-brainer. Take the 12:30 flight unless there is something specific you want to do in Fort Lauderdale that day. Some people like to do an excursion on disembarkation day, and in order to do that you have to have a later flight.

I just got off the Sun Princess earlier this month, and had an 11:55 a.m. flight back to Philly. I just told Princess about it so that they would put me in the first groups to disembark, and I had plenty of time. In fact, I sat around the Fort Lauderdale airport for a good hour and a half.

Barring an unusual problem, 12:30 should be plenty early.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Did the 12:30PM Delta Song direct from FLL to BOS upon leaving the Westerdam earlier this month. Was in the 2nd group called to leave the ship and had more than enough time to get our flight. All moved very smoothly and we had plenty of time in the airport to veg out and even eat an early lunch. Go for it! (Sure is better than having to change planes :) )

The other plus (for me) was getting to fly into Logan during the day -- as we were flying over the city I realized that this was the first time I ever had (usually fly in at night) and it's really a neat city to see from the air.

The other plus (for me) was getting to fly into Logan during the day -- as we were flying over the city I realized that this was the first time I ever had (usually fly in at night) and it's really a neat city to see from the air.

Yeah, I just realized this as well. I have never flown into Logan during the day only at night or really early in the morning. Thank you to all that have responded with advice.

Archived