Show me your aft!

jhale

From our recent Carnival Splendor cruise...

Thank you for posting that video!!! I can't find ANYTHING on cabin 6454 (two doors down from yours) it is nice to see that I can have 3 chairs on the balcony for a 3 person stateroom. (one thing I really wanted to know):D

Edited by portport

I have not been able to see any 5th floor center aft cabins on Sunshine. Please post if you stayed in one. I would really like to see the inside and outside furniture arrangement.

Festival 1996

Jewel of the Seas 2004

Triumph 2006

Fantasy 2008

Freedom 2010

Freedom 2011

Liberty 2012

Majesty of the Seas 2013

Sunshine 2013

• 4 weeks later...

We have booked cabin #9474 for the August 24, 2014 cruise.........never had an aft balcony cabin.

Does anyone have information about this cabin or a similar Breeze aft cabin?

Appreciate it -- we have had a Jr Suite and several side balconies on Carnival and on NCL.

THANKS!

Stephanie

:rolleyes:

I have stayed in that cabin on the Magic which is going to be the same thing. Its a nice cabin and the balcony is very deep. I'm sure I have a picture of it somewhere but couldn't find it, it must be at home. You will enjoy it. the nice thing about aft balconys is they are deep enough for a lounger chair so you can lay out there if you wish.

The downside is the walk. It seems like its a mile walk to get to and from your cabin (unless you are headed to the dinning room)

• 3 weeks later...

Very bummed with the aft extended next to the wrap cabins.....much smaller and no sofa but a big wall sticking out making the cabin much smaller then even a regular balcony room. Wish I had known this before I booked...thank goodness I booked this with my free cabin offer and only paid a $60.00 upgrade fee.

Very bummed with the aft extended next to the wrap cabins.....much smaller and no sofa but a big wall sticking out making the cabin much smaller then even a regular balcony room. Wish I had known this before I booked...thank goodness I booked this with my free cabin offer and only paid a $60.00 upgrade fee.

What cabin do you have? I was on Liberty two weeks ago and had 7442. It's one of the cabins next to the wrap and doesn't have a sofa. It was no biggie for us. I used the small chair at the vanity and the "footstool" was placed next to the nightstand for storage. We had the small oval table moved to the balcony between the two chairs and it was great. The only problem was the TV was not in front of the bed but over to the side, so not as comfortable to watch, but this happened to be the last aft available on our sailing, and like you, we only paid $ 60 extra pp to upgrade from a regular balcony, so overall, I was pleased.

We're in 7460 I believe . I'm sure we will be fine but do wish we had the sofa.

Out of five cruises we have only been in grand suites or ocean suites so this will be a little shocking for us as far as size but once again we'll be fine. I am looking very forward to having the aft and seeing if it becomes something we want to keep booking. Not sure the differences between Dream class and Conquest class aft cabins.

We were on Liberty Dec 7,2013 and just have to say we really loved the ship....our favorite so far.

Just booked 7454 on the Dream for 2016. We had 7440 on the Valor and the balcony was enormous. I know the deck 6 aft wraps on the Dream are wider but I was concerned about the nightclub underneath. There are only 2 of us so I'm not really concerned with room size. Love those aft wrap cabins. We had a similar room on RCI this past Feb. To me it's all about the balcony. We love the walk to the aft. Helps keep us in shape.

Edited by fergusonvt

The only drawback for us is that I have to avoid the sun and on the last day back to Miami we were headed directly east during the day, so of much of the time I couldn't sit outside. But I run into problems with regular balconies also depending on direction and time of day. Next time I think I'll bring one of those clip on umbrellas that go on the back of chairs to see if I can get some shade.

• 3 weeks later...
We have booked cabin #9474 for the August 24, 2014 cruise.........never had an aft balcony cabin.

Does anyone have information about this cabin or a similar Breeze aft cabin?

Appreciate it -- we have had a Jr Suite and several side balconies on Carnival and on NCL.

THANKS!

Stephanie

:rolleyes:

We will tell you when we return from our June 29 sailing. That is our exact cabin number :)

Here are some pictures from the Dream Aft Wrap Cabin #6492 that we booked for the Sep 28th, 2013 sailing, Western Caribbean.

We have booked several aft wrap cabins over the years and enjoy them, but there are a few minor issues.

The bathroom door does not open fully because of it's location in the corner.

The balcony does get soot from the smokestack, so be careful before sitting on the deck chairs, especially if your wearing white. There of some close-up pictures below where you can see the soot on the chairs and balcony floor.

Otherwise great location.

The captain backed in next to the pier to dock at Mahogany Bay and cabin 6492 had a great view.

23894523-2053-41d6-938c-808e86aed798_zps3492e12f.jpg

DSCF3953_zpscf3a2b76.jpg

DSCF3954_zps6a9aeff5.jpg

DSCF3955_zps9e4dec11.jpg

DSCF3956_zpsf1076c6c.jpg

DSCF4013_zps24c7a2b6.jpg

Hi Guys! Booked the extended aft 6456 on the Carnival Liberty in July. Having a hard time finding any pics of this room. Also, has anyone stayed there recently? Just wondering about the noise.

Have you looked on cruiselinerooms dot com?

• 1 month later...

We are in our first AFT cabin this coming week.

Generally we have liked mid-ship balcony rooms thinking we'd get less rock n roll..

So this will be a new experience..

The upgrade folks called and wanted us to PAY to switch to a suite, however our adult kids are in a room near out aft cabin and there was no way to move them close to the available suite--so we declined.

Is there any chance we'd be forced to an "upgrade"?

We are in our first AFT cabin this coming week.

Generally we have liked mid-ship balcony rooms thinking we'd get less rock n roll..

So this will be a new experience..

The upgrade folks called and wanted us to PAY to switch to a suite, however our adult kids are in a room near out aft cabin and there was no way to move them close to the available suite--so we declined.

Is there any chance we'd be forced to an "upgrade"?

I doubt they will force you even if they overbooked. They likely found passengers eager to book the remaining suites. They make it affordable and they tend to go fast.

Edited by Sheebah