Does She Ever

Traveling Bob

Has anyone ever seen Princess really lower prices for last minute bookings, like when a ship isn't full and it sails in a week? I've gotten emails from some other lines for great discounts, but they all required air travel to the port and the flights usually negated the ship discount.

Yep, I sure have. When Princess runs a 'flash promotion' for last minute bookings (only good for new bookings), they can be drastically reduced in price. In fact, lately, I have been getting regular emails from Princess for some great last minute deals and the pricing has been greatly lowered from before final payment.

Has anyone ever seen Princess really lower prices for last minute bookings, like when a ship isn't full and it sails in a week? I've gotten emails from some other lines for great discounts, but they all required air travel to the port and the flights usually negated the ship discount.

The last minute offers are not a week before sailing but usually a month or two before sailing. We have even been able to jump on a couple. They are really great prices too. ;)

But like you mention, you have to watch out for the airfare. We have ended up spending more for the air than the cruise.... but it was still a good deal.

Yes, but I have never seen it happen from Brooklyn. I wish. :o

Thanks Toto,

I'd love to take my mother with us on the 6/14 out of NY. But she doesn't have anyone to go with her and she refuses to go if the present price for a single holds. I can hope!

I definitely wouldn't count on a flash promotion out of NY in the summer months. When school is out, and the ships to/from a certain area are limited, the ships usually sell out well in advance. The only time Princess runs these flash promos is when there are a certain percentage of staterooms empty that they need to fill, usually after final payment date. But best of luck. Find a good TA that gets these flash promotions, and tell them what you are looking for. If one happens to come about, they can call you immediately. Do not just rely on the Princess website, as flash promos usually do not show up anywhere there.

I don't normally get emails with last minute deals from princess but happened upon one 2 weeks ago for a cruise leaving in 2 weeks so we booked. Normally we book a year or more in advance so this was a quick last minute for us, the prices have since gone up as the ship has filled.

good luck getting one out of NY - we are bringing the ship home to NY for the summer:D:D

I've also gotten some e-mails from Princess in the past month with some great prices on sailings this month but no time off from work to take advantage:(

Prices out of NY are always high IMHO so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting any great deals out of NY for June 14th but certainly worth watching the website yourself and having a good TA watch for some flash promotions for your mother. Good Luck!:)

I've also gotten some e-mails from Princess in the past month with some great prices on sailings this month but no time off from work to take advantage:(

Prices out of NY are always high IMHO so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting any great deals out of NY for June 14th but certainly worth watching the website yourself and having a good TA watch for some flash promotions for your mother. Good Luck!:)

I signed up for emails from Princess for last minutes deals but have never received one. Is there a trick to getting them to email you?

I signed up for emails from Princess for last minutes deals but have never received one. Is there a trick to getting them to email you?

It only took 4 or 5 years before they started sending them to me. How long have you been signed up for them? LOL

I noticed last Feb for a couple months after we'd returned from our Feb cruise I got a lot of emails with great prices for cruises 1-3 weeks from the time I got the e-mails. Thought maybe it was because I hadn't yet booked another cruise which I didn't do until August.

But this year I booked just a couple days after returning home in early March and the same thing has happened as I've gotten quite a few e-mails with great prices for sailing 1-3 weeks from when I've recieved the messages.

I'm sure they think they have some logic to whom and when they send them out but not likely we're gonna accurately figure out what it is! ;) :D

I get the "Be On Vacation In A Week!" emails regularly; annoyingly, they keep sending them when I'm already booked on the sailing. Sometimes, the air works out OK - like this last one showed up in my inbox about ten minutes after I got a fare sale notification, and boom, super!

I received few 7 days on the Caribbean princess for $299pp (about 3 weeks pre-sailing)... sailing out of of Puerto Rico.

and few of those promotions "Buy a BL for the price of an OV", but nothing on the caribbean cruises I wanna sail. (Nothing from Ft. lauderdale port)...:(

We booked about 7 weeks out on a flash promo,offered by a Princess Pcc.

It is on a Caribbean cruise,So there wasn,t a great price difference.

NCL,and HAL offers a GREAT price about 10 days out,but for those who have to fly,It would be hard to find airfare to get to FLL.:mad:

I believe the cruise lines target the people who live within a 12 hour drive of a port.

Archived