Is it this bad?

Scotspea

you are correct; good to see you posting again;just back from the Cloud ! fab time,many martinis :)

Hi, glad you had a good trip. We are anxiously awaiting South America on the Whisper in November. I have instructed those who board after dry dock and before us not to mess anything up!!:p

Hi, glad you had a good trip. We are anxiously awaiting South America on the Whisper in November. I have instructed those who board after dry dock and before us not to mess anything up!!:p

sounds great;we will be on the Spirit in Nov. out of Fort Lauderdale and really looking forward to it:)

I was deeply disappointed by the Silver Wind, as you can see if you read my review:http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=66189

For those who would prefer not to click the link, here is an excerpt regarding the food:

------------------------------

Dining. Both in the dining room and in the Terrazza buffet the choices were more limited than on the ships I have sailed in the past. The quality of the food was generally ok, although the special ordered steak was tough and occasionally the food was overcooked. I ordered a pasta appetizer, as did the ladies to my left. When it came, all of to stuck together and one of the ladies said to the other that it was obviously microwaved; I agreed silently. In no way would I consider the food up to the quality of a superior restaurant in a major city. One time, though, bears special (egregious) mention.

My wife was served some fish that was so salty it was inedible. She sent it back and they brought another serving of the same fish; again it was far too salty. The waiter returned to the table, and seeing our distress, he explained that all of that fish was too salty, and that they knew it in the kitchen. I can not understand why they would have served it, knowing that it was bad, and why on earth they would have served a second portion, again knowing that the first had been rejected. It makes no sense; was noone paying attention?

---------------------------------

My point is that just because someone has a negative experience, that does not mean he is a jerk. I strongly wish I could have written a more positive review; I was looking forward to having difficulty deciding whether to go on SS or on another of the luxury lines.

JerBlu

No, you are most certainly not a jerk. Those are bad lapses in service/food. How sad that you will not give SS another chance, but I certainly can understand your reluctance. So sorry we won't have the opportunity to meet.

Archived