Disembarkation Time for the Solstice

sammyt

I would say NO, No, No

Its about a 35-45 minute ride to the Miami airport. You have to get off the ship, find your luggage, go thru customs. I think its a big risk. How were you planning to get from Port Everglades to Miami?

You would need to be at the Miami airport by at least 830am, if your flight leaves at 100am.

Linda

Ditto on the above reply... you are cutting it way too close!

Also, to further answer your question, it's not really possible to give you a "definitive time" as the ship needs to clear immigration first, and there may be those few inconsiderate passengers who decide to ignore their call to report. This can (and has) delayed ships from debarking on time.

Agree, NO, NO

We got off 5 days ago, Sunday.

Were staying over so strolled off late, and still took over 1/2 hour to wait in line for customs.

Heard from folks who got off early because of early flight from FLL, that

it was , at best, a ZOO.

Customs is short staffed on Sunday.

You do not need to end a wondeful cruise with that degree of stress.

I need a real accurate time that the Solstice clears for disembarkation. Trying to make a flight out of Miami at 10:00.

Hi Sammy, Solstice sails from Ft. Lauderdale. There is a slim to none

chance for a 10am flight out of Miami:eek:...change that flight!

Just no way to predict when you will be allowed off the ship and on your way to the airport. We have been off as early as 7:15, and as late as 9:30. Even if one person does not settle their account with Celebrity, they will hold disembarkation until everything is perfect. Also, customs can be a big problem, and even transportation to the airport

Last time in Miami, those who had flights before 11:30 missed them, regardless on how prudent they were getting to the airport.

As you were told by myself and several others on your other thread asking the same question, nobody can tell you what time debarkation will occur as it is different every sailing. Sometimes 7am. Sometimes 10am. Or anywhere in between. Also, as just about everybody on the other thread told you, it is extremely difficult to make a flight at 10am (i.e. you probably at best have 50/50 odds).

Edit: Here is a link to your other thread in case you can't find it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182840&highlight=

Because that answer questions in this thread incredible. I have not gotten one answer to my question yet, but lots of advise. Obviously, no one who has answered me yet has ever walked off when the ship clears. First of all, you are first off, hence, no lines to stand in. Second, if going at a different time or from a different airport was an option, I would be taking that option. So again, has anyone walked off the Solstice, first off, and what time did it dock and how long did it take to walk off and through customs? I have been on several cruises, and the docking time is always basically the same, sometimes things will happen to delay clearing the ship. I don't want advice about how stupid this is, I want first hand experience answers. Thanks

People that answer questions in this thread are incredible. I have not gotten one answer to my question yet, but lots of advise. Obviously, no one who has answered me yet has ever walked off when the ship clears. First of all, you are first off, hence, no lines to stand in. Second, if going at a different time or from a different airport was an option, I would be taking that option. So again, has anyone walked off the Solstice, first off, and what time did it dock and how long did it take to walk off and through customs? I have been on several cruises, and the docking time is always basically the same, sometimes things will happen to delay clearing the ship. I don't want advice about how stupid this is, I want first hand experience answers. Thanks

Hi,:) your first post said you are trying to make a 10:00am flight out

of Miami. Even if you are in the first group off the ship, there is a good

chance you will not make that flight.

Sorry you thought the replies were incredible. You never mentioned that you had cruised before or that you know how disembarkation goes until this reply.

I think everyone was trying to help:eek:

People that answer questions in this thread are incredible. I have not gotten one answer to my question yet, but lots of advise. Obviously, no one who has answered me yet has ever walked off when the ship clears. First of all, you are first off, hence, no lines to stand in. Second, if going at a different time or from a different airport was an option, I would be taking that option. So again, has anyone walked off the Solstice, first off, and what time did it dock and how long did it take to walk off and through customs? I have been on several cruises, and the docking time is always basically the same, sometimes things will happen to delay clearing the ship. I don't want advice about how stupid this is, I want first hand experience answers. Thanks

Could give you an answer from my travel friends experience who just got off, but not now.

We just got off this ship on Sunday, the ship came into port about 6:15, i think the first people off the ship was about 7:15 and those were the people that were carrying off their bags. Sorry, can't answer how long it took people to get through customs. We had someone in our party that needed wheelchair assistance and we never got off the ship until almost 10:30, at that time there were long lines for customs. My large suitcase somehow got lost, so that was another long delay to file a report and look for it. Fortunately, a porter took it outside by accident, it had to go through security and was scanned, more delays!!! We drove to the port from Sanibel Island, so no flight to catch!!! I thought it was a nice setup of disembarking off the ship, but slooooowwwwww!!!!

There's no real way to answer your question in the way you want. There are tons of variables that can change things a lot. On our Solstice cruise, the first ones off did not begin until after 8:15 because some non-US citizens did not report to US Immigration in a timely manner. My friends recently cruised Solstice and they didn't begin self disembarkation until nearly 8am. When you factor the time it takes to get to Miami, even with self disembakation, you could very well encounter any number of situations that could prevent you from making such an early flight. Like I said, there's no absolute on this and that's the only answer anyone can give you.

For those who want answers about debarkation day all I can say is good luck to you. Take the time the ship docks and add four hours is what we always go by. If the ship docks at 8AM we normally arrange for flights 12 forward. Who knows what can happen.

We have been on ships where people who were supposed to clear immigration never showed up and immigration left the shop so NO ONE was cleared....3500 of us sat until the offenders where found and then they could call and re schedule immigration to make an appearance...remember, on big ships it really is all for one. Everyone must be cleared before you are allowed off.

As far as Celebrity. The top priorities are usually given to the big suites who have paid the most money........their luggage is off first and they can get off at their leisure. That said this minimally affects most people as there are only 15-20 "big suites" on board. After that it is usually the people who have booked ship transfers and Elite members....which can easily be 500-1000 people.

Best advice....give yourself enough time. Whether on a cruise ship or not....remember. Time is the greatest of thieves. Ciao and enjoy.

Well, EXCUSE THE HECK OUT OF US WHO WERE TRYING TO BE HELPFUL!

Enjoy your missed flight.

I was prepared to offer some words of advice about it being difficult to predict when you might be able to get off the ship and that you probably should take a later flight. But after reading your comments to some posters, I have changed my mind. I would strongly suggest you book that 10:00 flight.

Some of you are really trying to try my patience. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post. I don't need advice. I just wanted someone with prior knowledge who has walked off the ship to tell me what time they walked off. It is that simple. There is no luggage to get, no waiting for suites to get off first, or anything else some of you people don't understand. If you don't know how it works, don't post stupid answers. You confuse people that don't know better! Again I don't care if you think I am going to make it or not, that is not my question. I don't care if you think I am being rude, because you are being rude with your stupid comments. I got one good answer so far, thanks that is what I wanted to know, what time you walked off, and you said around 7:15, which is about right. Plenty of time for a 40 minute trip to the airport. Has anyone else walked off first and have first hand experience. Others, please don not reply.

We just got off this ship on Sunday, the ship came into port about 6:15, i think the first people off the ship was about 7:15 and those were the people that were carrying off their bags. Sorry, can't answer how long it took people to get through customs. We had someone in our party that needed wheelchair assistance and we never got off the ship until almost 10:30, at that time there were long lines for customs. My large suitcase somehow got lost, so that was another long delay to file a report and look for it. Fortunately, a porter took it outside by accident, it had to go through security and was scanned, more delays!!! We drove to the port from Sanibel Island, so no flight to catch!!! I thought it was a nice setup of disembarking off the ship, but slooooowwwwww!!!!

Keep in mind here, I am not looking for the time they called you to exit the ship. I am looking for the time they opened the doors. You can walk off then without being called, and you are first off. Thanks for your reply.

We've walked off with carry on luggage as soon as the doors opened on both the Solstice and the Equinox sailings, both in Fort Lauderdale, both out of the same terminal. On the Solstice, we were off at 7:30 a.m. On the Equinox sailing, they let us off at 7:30 a.m. but before we could descend the escalators or stairs in the terminal building, there was a customs snafu , and they sat about 50 of us who were the first to get off, down in chairs and held everyone back on the ship who hadn't gotten off yet. We cleared the building around 9:00 a.m. to catch the taxi. We didn't have anything to declare, so we were in the regular exit line. The first one, you could have made your flight, the second one, you wouldn't have. Have a good cruise,

KK

Sammyt,

Unfortunately, there is no set time to your question. The ship will not release the people to the control of customs until all accounts are settled. Customs won't release the passengers from the ship until they clear the ship for release. There are a lot of variables. X says, don't may flight plans from Miami before 12:00.

If all goes right maybe, 7:30. Otherwise, it could be as late as 10:00.

You will get better responses from people if you say thank you for your opinions, but I really need a time. There is no need to call people stupid. We are not the ones who booked a 10:00 flight. Good Luck, I hope you make your flight

We've walked off with carry on luggage as soon as the doors opened on both the Solstice and the Equinox sailings, both in Fort Lauderdale, both out of the same terminal. On the Solstice, we were off at 7:30 a.m. On the Equinox sailing, they let us off at 7:30 a.m. but before we could descend the escalators or stairs in the terminal building, there was a customs snafu , and they sat about 50 of us who were the first to get off, down in chairs and held everyone back on the ship who hadn't gotten off yet. We cleared the building around 9:00 a.m. to catch the taxi. We didn't have anything to declare, so we were in the regular exit line. The first one, you could have made your flight, the second one, you wouldn't have. Have a good cruise,

KK

Thank you, thank you, thank you, finally someone who understands the walkoff concept. That is the answer I was looking for.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, finally someone who understands the walkoff concept. That is the answer I was looking for.

We all understand the walkoff concept. It seems you are the one who

doesn't get it. If the ship is not cleared till 8am then you still can't walk

off till AFTER that time:eek:

Archived