Ticket contract acceptance, Carnival Freedom

trevette1981

I did a search and didn't see any information on this topic. Has anyone read this? I just did since I haven't been on a cruise in 3 years and will be going in June, but I'm trying to make sure I understand correctly. I know cameras couldn't possibly not be allowed...so what gives? Thanks for any help!

4 (b) No tools of trade, household goods, presents and/or property of others, jewelry, money, cameras, documents, valuables of any description including but not limited to such articles as are described in Title 46 of the United States Code section 30503 shall be carried except under and subject to the terms of a special written contract or Bill of Lading entered into with Carnival prior to embarkation upon application of the Guest. The Guest warrants that no such articles are contained in any receptacle or container presented by him as baggage hereunder, and if any such articles are shipped in the Guest’s baggage in breach of this warranty, no liability for negligence, gross or ordinary, shall attach to Carnival for any loss or damage thereto.

© Carnival shall not be liable for: (1) Guest’s failure to comply with the requirements

A bill of lading is a contract with a shipping company to move freight. Carnival moves passengers, not goods. That contract is saying you are not allowed to bring items such as cameras or jewelry or household goods with the intention of selling the items in a foreign port. For you be allowed to carry those items, you would have to have to request it, have it approved, sign a bill of lading, etc.

Think about the sentence you flagged when you read that because if it really meant you can't take a camera for personal use, it ALSO says you can't take money, which we know Carnival loves for you to have and spend freely.:D:rolleyes:

the locked/unlocked issue is just like what you do when you fly - its the rules there too...

Oh OK sorry my mistake.

I thought Carnivals rules were you weren't allowed to lock your luggage at all so that it was easier for them to search for booze and the airlines let you lock your luggage.

Live and learn.:)

Bill

Archived