Southwest Food/beverages

codyboy

For very early flights, they serve juice and coffee in the boarding area. Several years ago, they served donuts as well, but I have not seen those in a year or so. But the orange juice and coffee they serve as soon as possible after you take off are great with the breakfast you have brought aboard. And if you are lucky, that breakfast is still warm!

For very early flights' date=' they serve juice and coffee in the boarding area. Several years ago, they served donuts as well, but I have not seen those in a year or so. But the orange juice and coffee they serve as soon as possible after you take off are great with the breakfast you have brought aboard. And if you are lucky, that breakfast is still warm![/quote']

Thank you for reminding me of a long time ago, when WN conjured up Shipley Donuts for those who had early flights out of HOU. Of course this was when the cocktails were free on WN during the day and on those early mornings, I decided that the eye opener was the best approach and had a screwdriver on the plane.

The largest "snack" I've seen on SWA are pkgs of Sun Chips, baked chocolate chip crackers, 6-pack of cheese crackers, etc. The one nice thing is that you will get a full can of soda or juice if you ask for it. I usually fly cross-country on SWA, so I always buy a sandwich to take on board. Non-food related, but make sure you print out your boarding passes 24-hours ahead of your flight time, so you don't get stuck in the "C" boarding group!

Archived