LAX flight time

JIMDSB2

Great question as I have my arrival in port at 9 am on a Sunday - Fellow Cruisers - - Please help out with advice for the first question and mine as to when is the soonest I should book with a 9am arrival in Long Beach - flying out of LAX. I was thinking 2 pm even though there are earlier flights around noon and 1 I could catch.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

:D

If you're coming from Pittsburgh you may want to go Jet Blue in/out of Long Beach Airport! It's the closest airport to the port as it's really in Long Beach! Just under 10 miles from the ship!

We came into San Pedro last month at 7am on a Sunday. We used the EZ Check program so our luggage was sent to LAX (no warehouse pick up for us) and we had our boarding passes and carry on luggage in hand. We prearranged private shuttle service which was very prompt and we were through LAX security and at the gate at 8:55 am! That being said, anything can go wrong, especially with the LA traffic. Weekends tend to be better. Also, the diamond lane helps.

To use EZ Check, your flight has to be after 12 noon. Our flight was at 12:40. I would stick with the 12 noon guideline.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise….

Judith

I would definitely follow the recommendations of the cruiselines, which all say don't book any flight out of LAX before 12 or 1pm. There are too many things that could wrong.

1) the ship might get delayed getting into the port on time (rare, but can happen)

2) the customs and immigration process could start late or take much longer than usual (esp. if the crew has to go through a full check)

3) there's an accident or construction on the 405 freeway going north to the airport (very likely even on the weekends)

so unless there's other flights that you could catch if you end up in Murphy's Laws' grasp, you might need a Plan B if you stay with an earlier flight.

Archived