Hopefully New Tipping ?

klfrodo

To Mods. I asked this question on Private Islands and got nothing. Please do not move.

Here's the deal. Whether you agree with tips/gratuity guidelines and procedures is moot in my opinion. I tip, I tip well, and I appreciate the service I receive.

Half Moon Cay

I'm hoping that my group will be able to get the Private Oasis Cabana. From everything I've read, the services provided are above and beyond.

My question. Since this is a Carnival "excursion" if you will, and a private island staffed by Carnival employees, are any tips required/expected/or what. Maybe the price includes gratuity already. Maybe the staff working the Oasis are already part of the gratuity pool. Don't really know.

Amount of gratuity would be based on if it's already in the price should we decide to tip extra. Since the Oasis is a group thing, are gratuities paid as a "group"? or individually?

The price doesn't include tipping. Don't know for sure, but I don't think the employees are entitled to any greater portion of the tip pool for working the Oasis. I do believe- am 99% sure, they are standard emmber so the tip pool.

Tipping is always optional. However, many feel it is worthy of tipping, including ourselves. And they do tip after their day in a cabana.

Tipping is always a very personal choice. Perhaps people aren't comfortable saying how much they tipped. Also, there is a limited number of people who have used the Oasis, as there is only one, and it is not used every day. And not everyone who uses it is on CC.

We didn't have the Oasis, we had a cabana with the butler upgrade. We got the near full time attention from two Butlers, as there weren't many Butler upgrades that day (we think 3 out of about 12 cabanas occupied- the Oasis wasn't occupied), and at the end of the day we packed up the two Butlers, and shipped them home here to California, as we loved them so much. :D:D:D

We split $40 between our two Butlers, and felt like we might be shortchanging them. However, it was all the cash we brought to HMC. We looked for both onboard after that to figure out if we wanted to give more. We only found one. So we didn't give them any extra, above what we gave them on HMC.

That doesn't answer your question about the Oasis. But hopefully if you have a large group, and feel the employees desire it, you can take up a collection to give your staff.

I truely do thank you for the feedback It is very much appreciated.

I also want to thank the moderator who moved this thread AGAINST my wishes. It's nice to know that the corporate mindset is alive and well within CC. :mad:

Archived