Bringing champagne on board, and then to dining room. A question..

deej696

So obviously I know I can bring my own champagne on board. And I also know we can take it to the MDR and we may or may not pay a corkage fee. My question is, am I able to take the bottle to the MDR when we get on board, and have them store it for chilling prior to dinner? We may have a means to get it cold in the room, but I'd just assume have it stored so I dont have to deal with it. Is this possible?

So obviously I know I can bring my own champagne on board. And I also know we can take it to the MDR and we may or may not pay a corkage fee. My question is, am I able to take the bottle to the MDR when we get on board, and have them store it for chilling prior to dinner? We may have a means to get it cold in the room, but I'd just assume have it stored so I dont have to deal with it. Is this possible?

You won't find anyone in the dining room to do that for you the first day when boarding. We put it in the cabin refrigerator and then carried it wiith us to dinner the first night.

The cabin refrigerator will NOT get champagne cold enough. Bring a collaspible cooler and have your room steward bring you ice and ice your champagne down.

This was what I was thinking we would do to get it cold in the room. This will probably be my best bet...

There will be a time posted when the MD will be in the MDR to see passangers after boarding. It would not hurt to go ask him. The worse that he can say is "no".

Thanks for the info. I seemed to remember going to talk to the MD after boarding a few sailings ago, as our table assignments were screwed up, so I figured thats when I'd try.

We brought our warm bottle of champagne to MDR that we won free at the Art Gallery,MD was kind enough to exchange it for a chilled bottle ,but explained he was only allowed to do so since it came from the ship,which he recognized. But if you BYO,then use the large LR metal can.. doubles as ice bucket,worked nicely for our vodka/cranberry juice container.

ring for your steward..ask for the BIG white BEER bucket of Ice...I have them put it on the shower floor,as it sweats...always cold for my dining room consumption. I wipe it off b4 the trip to dinner..then the waiter will out it in another bucket for you..Voi la..cold bubbly!!!:D

ring for your steward..ask for the BIG white BEER bucket of Ice...I have them put it on the shower floor,as it sweats...always cold for my dining room consumption. I wipe it off b4 the trip to dinner..then the waiter will out it in another bucket for you..Voi la..cold bubbly!!!:D

Good to know..I wanted to ask for more ice,but thought it would alert them to suspicious behavior as to why I needed it...just my guilty conscience.

We have taken a warm bottle of Champagne to the dining room and our waiter got it chilled for us very quickly. I don't know what he did, but he put it in a bucket with ice and within a few minutes it was chilled. No need to have it chilled before dinner.

Enjoy!

It can be done. You will however be chastised by the waiter because now he HAS to charge the corkage fee. ;)

I've not done it, but try asking your steward (or a bartender) for a champagne bucket and ice.

Archived