Belize beaches

jackdiamond

Despite my rather extensive research, I am unable to ascertain any beaches fairly close to the port, which one might easily access on their own, without being involved in an excursion. Therefore, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Belize has no beaches. Not near where the ships pull in.(They are much farther south) The reef inhibits the creation of heavy waves and hence the creation of sand. We went snorkeling out at goff's caye, and while it was a small island, you could take the boat trip out there with the snorkeling bunch, and just relax on the island. No beach chairs, no crowds, no fancy rest rooms,(There is a port a potty):rolleyes: just a beautiful place.:)

Thank you folks. I had earlier felt that Belize would be a sea day for us; and, I am convinced that my earlier assumption is correct. We are beach people, and we never utilize excursions; hence, we will enjoy the Radiance in October on board when in Belize.

There are beaches in Belize but you have to take a boat to get to most of them. There are dozens of tour operators that can take you to half a dozen different beaches (Caye Caulker, etc) Ecological Tours took us to Bannister Caye (some little engineered private island) for $30 for a few hours. An extra $10 got us some decent snorkeling, too. I don't know about the others but Bannister Caye had full facilities with running water, and a little restaurant with $10 conch burgers, and even a lifeguard.

The water taxi to Caye Caulker is not terribly expensive but it takes some time to get there and back. You'll need to make sure you get an early tender out.

Too bad to stay on board, when the island was so beautiful. But your choice. We stayed on board in Honduras only because we did not dock at Mahogany Bay, and had basically run out of funds to do another excursion. Had the pool all to ourselves, myself, hubby didn't want to get in that day.

We might stay on the ship as well. We're limiting ourselves to 2 excursions and have our hearts set on Sting Ray City and an ATV tour in Cozumel. It is a shame to miss something that sounds so beautiful, but that's ok... all the more reason to take another cruise some day!

Archived