Alaska Cruise Tours

Bridge Maven

My husband and I took a cruise to Alaska in 2001 on Celebrity Infinity, but did not do a land tour. We are planning to take an Alaskan Land Tour/Cruise package next year and are considering Princess. It appears that Princess has a lot of different options for its land tour portion. Which land package do you recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

There are so many options-I would opt for a longer one if you have the time/budget. Some tours only give you one night here, one night there, etc. and you spend alot of time moving from place to place, packing etc. Definitely spend two nights in Denali (I was told by a future cruise consultant on a recent Princess cruise that most tours have this now). Go to the Alaska board to research this all as well, but be prepared that many of the Alaska experts will recommend that you do the touring/planning yourself with a renta car, rather than a guided tour!

My husband and I took a cruise to Alaska in 2001 on Celebrity Infinity, but did not do a land tour. We are planning to take an Alaskan Land Tour/Cruise package next year and are considering Princess. It appears that Princess has a lot of different options for its land tour portion. Which land package do you recommend?

I highly recommend the one we took in September of 2009. Eight nights; 4 lodges. Can't get any better than that. Then of course followed by 7 night cruise (Coral). We stayed on a bit longer and continued from Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale for an additional 18 days. I realize not everyone can handle that amount of time, but the 15 night cruisetour was fantastic.

Depending on the time you have, we did 2 nights at Denali and 2 nights at Mckinley. For us this was fine. Princess does an excellent job with Alaska. I highly recommend you to the tour first followed by the cruise. Alaska is beautiful. Enjoy!!

Make sure you do 2 nights in Denali. This way you can go on the Tundra Wildnerness Tour which is far superior to the Natural History Tour that is offered when you only stay 1 night. Staying 1 night you do not get to Denali early enough to go on the TWT and the Natural History Tour we were up at 6 am for the tour that went ffrom 6:30 to 10:30. We had to get back because our train left for Mt McKinley Lodge at 1:30.

1 night is more than enough at Mt McKinley at you are quite isolated and not a lot to do.

Archived