Bring own cup for soda?

bbbaby1976

Is it advisable to bring your own big plastic insulated cup if you drink alot of soda?

You could I guess, but it's not necessary. If you purchase the soda sticker, you will get a souvenir cup you could carry around, but it doesn't hold a whole lot. What I do is when I go to a bar to get a soda I ask for a large glass, as they have two sizes.

Mike

yes, it's good for soda, ice tea, lemonade etc. If you buy the soda sticker, I think you get an insulated cup but I'm not sure how big it is. My DW loves her ice tea and she brought a 32oz. insulated cup which kept it cool while out at the pool. oops too slow to reply.

If you want water or ice tea from the buffet this could work, however, even if you buy the soda card this may not work. While you get unlimited soda, it is limited to one drink at a time glass or ship issued drink/souvenir cup. So they may not fill your 32 oz cup.

I wouldn't see why they would not fill a large cup - otherwise, they'd just have to serve you more often so it would be in their best interest to fill whatever (clean) cup you have.

We didn't buy the soda cards, brought a six pack onboard and were just fine.

The buffet machines have signs saying in the interest of hygiene please only use clean glasses. I have not seen anyone use their own container other than the ones supplied with the soda card.

No, it is in their best interest to give you 8 oz at a time and make you come back 4 times, that way you are less likely to drink or at least get served 32 oz since you are less likely to make four trips. The other reason they do this is because some people will "share" one card across the entire family.

I usually bring a 32 oz. plastic drink bottle and fill it with water in the cabin and then put it in the fridge. I bring little drink packets and drink that by the pool during the day or plain water with lemons. You could put soda in it. If they don't fill it up at once, go to different bars and get a cup of soda at each bar and then fill the bottle. NCL had signs near the drink dispensers saying "do not fill water bottles". I totally agree with that. SO I got a few cups and filled the bottle like that.

Enjoy,

Freddie

I always take my big Jamba Juice mug with me; it's probably 32 oz. I keep filling it with iced tea or lemonade during the day. I've never had a problem filling it at the dispenser.

Sorry if this question seems dim to you, but when you say ´lemonade´ is that like the lemonade we have in UK and Spain ie clear fizzy drink, with really no lemon flavour used to mix with beer, or like the drink we know as ´bitter lemon`ie cloudy green colour, just a bit sweet and fizzy and used as a mixer for Gin or like ´home made lemon drink´ made with sliced lemons, water and sugar usually used for sore throats?

Or is it something totally different?

Sandy in Spain

Sorry if this question seems dim to you, but when you say ´lemonade´ is that like the lemonade we have in UK and Spain ie clear fizzy drink, with really no lemon flavour used to mix with beer, or like the drink we know as ´bitter lemon`ie cloudy green colour, just a bit sweet and fizzy and used as a mixer for Gin or like ´home made lemon drink´ made with sliced lemons, water and sugar usually used for sore throats?

Or is it something totally different? Sandy in Spain

Hi Sandy, your question isn't dim, just slightly off topic, but never mind that!!!!

In January on the Diamond Princess, my Mum asked for a cappuccino and I asked for a lemonade at lunch in the Horizon Court. I wondered why I didn't have to show my cruise card while Mum did, until I received my drink. It was complimentary, and more like a lemon cordial drink, quite pleasant, but not the fizzy drink I expected. I should have been more specific and asked for Sprite or 7Up, but like UK & Spain, in OZ, lemonade is fizzy!!!!

We live and learn!!!

Thanks for clearing that up Gai, completely forgot to include cordial style lemonade,as we don´t have that at all here in Spain.

Case of everyone speaking English, but having a different meaning in different countries eg hood and bonnet

sandy

I callled for my husband to try to kill the bug.....he really laughed at me.

Billet.....

Imagine you've had many comments on your BUG !! Drove me nuts until I realized it wasn't really there....thanks for a good laugh.

Lee

I buy soda cards if the weather is to be warm. Need to drink about 2-3 sodas per day. Do not bring your big cup -- impossible to wash it well in that tiny sink and kitchen sinks are not available;). I just read an article in the Washington Post Health Section about the thousands of DIFFERENT germs on an office mug. Horrifying. And the cup can spread your germs or swap them for new. UGH.

Is it advisable to bring your own big plastic insulated cup if you drink alot of soda?

I love my 52oz "BUBBA MUG"!It goes on every vacation with me.I can fill it with iced tea and lemon,water,Kettle One Vodka and Cranberry/Pomegranite (my favorite)!

Everyone else wishes they had one too!:D

I always bring my own as the one they give you doesnt hold that much. I also bring a coffee mug as my husband likes to have breakfast early (before I do) and he always brings me some coffee back to the room--a mug makes it easier to carry.

Archived