Pier 91 in Seattle, transportation question

fuc847

Can you change your hotel? I would hate to be in a taxi going from bellevue to one of the piers in seattle. The traffic can be fierce / parking lot beep & creep. You can expect it will be bad during rush hour, but you never know if it will be bad from a stalled car or traffic accident.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change my hotel, since it's through Hotwire's special service thing. I think I will write them a complaint, though, because it looks like, in this location, their website is a little misleading. It definitely seemed like the hotel was A LOT closer to Seattle than it actually is.

It's mostly my own fault. I knew it was in the city of Bellevue, but thought that, since it was in the Pike Place/Downtown section, the hotel was a lot closer to everything than it is. (Around here, it's not uncommon for things right next to each other to technically be in different cities.) It's not as bad as I thought at first--there's a direct bus between the hotel and the airport, and the hotel and Seattle. It's just getting from the pier that looks like it's going to be expensive. And for the price of the cab fare, I could have just stayed in an actual Pike Place hotel.

Where did you get the idea that Bellevue was in the Pike Place/Downtown section of Seattle? Does the Hotwire website say your Bellevue hotel is near Pike Place?

I called Hotwire--turns out I made a mistake. There's an area where you can filter search results by location, by unclicking everything except the area you want. I thought I'd done this, and left only Pike Place. It turns out there were more areas that were only visible in a drop-down menu, and they stayed clicked. So while I thought I'd filtered my results to see only Pike Place, I was actually viewing hotels in about eight different parts of Seattle.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change my hotel, since it's through Hotwire's special service thing. I think I will write them a complaint, though, because it looks like, in this location, their website is a little misleading. It definitely seemed like the hotel was A LOT closer to Seattle than it actually is.

That's too bad. If the site was misleading, maybe a manager could grant an exception & allow to change your booking without a penalty. Worth a try, worst they can say is no. Good luck! :)

Archived