What's with the upgrade ?

Sprit

I just received my travel documents for the upcoming May cruise and am surprised. The documents are covered in a Celebrity cover (Azamara exists over 2 years now !) and contains all the OLD information with regards to gratuities etc. Nothing mentioned on the Club cruises transition and the new Azamara and inclusions.

I posted before I feel that Azamara is not taking her upgrade very seriously and professionally. Also their website still contains the old info with regards to inclusions and gratuities, etc. I more and more do get the feeling this Club upgrade is just a farce to increase prices. No wonder the ships are not filled and reviews are so mixed.

If Azamara continues to act this unprofessionally I predict a not so long life for Azamara. People need more to be triggered than nice words. It’s time for delivery ! Every day that passes I do regret more having booked with them at the end.

What do you think ? How much more time does Azamara need (or will get) to get things in order and become an adult Cruise line that can be taken seriously ?

I feel your pain. Last year (5/23/09) cruise was very nice. I booked directly with Azamara and had no problems. Communication was good and they even matched 2 price adjustments. My most rcent experience was completely different. Since I didn't have a problem booking direct, I did it again. After the initial booking, everything went south. Before my recent cruise (4/1/10) I also was very frustrated about the poor organization and disarray about the documents, information, etc. I was really quite annoyed at the poor communication with Azamara. I was never able to reconnect with my original booking agent. If she does exist, she is the pitts and will never book me again. I called many times, put on hold for long periods of time, and got misinformation. Had to rerequest paper documents after the supposed electronic documents didn't arrive, had constant runaround with everything, and even was conned on matching price changes...didn't match. I was beyond unhappy. I apologized to my spouse for having been stupid and booking the cruise. When I went to Miami to take the cruise, I wasn't sure what to expect. Cruise was okay in spite of the booking/document hassle. Will I do it again? Maybe, but I'll never book direct. Azamara doesn't seem to have their act together in Miami...on board, most things are okay. I hope that you have a nice cruise. All of the listed new things are in place. Relax. After your Azamara pre cruise experience, you need a cruise. Isn't it a shame that the precruise experience is so poor. I do have my doubts about future of Azamara. It is nice, but it isn't luxury. Unless they improve, they will go away or the 2 small ships will just become Celebrity proper. They say that Azamara is a separate entity, but all signs say the opposite. Good luck.

I THINK I was told, maybe by my TA, that because the Az ships are so small, the Captain's Club upgrade benefit was not in effect. If anyone out ther has gotten an upgrade, please post, I would like one and I am a CC member.

I THINK I was told, maybe by my TA, that because the Az ships are so small, the Captain's Club upgrade benefit was not in effect. If anyone out ther has gotten an upgrade, please post, I would like one and I am a CC member.

That's what I was told ..

but we usually mark our cabin do not upgrade..we pick and pay for what we want (or in reality can afford)

I know that sometimes what seems like on paper is an upgrade once on the ship can actually be in a less desirable position...

except of course if you are Jad13 and play bingo and win the upgrade to the Penthouse...but even with that ..you already KNOW where you are going!

I think that the upgrade the OP was referring to is the whole "new Azamara" thing. I'm pretty sure that we had Azamara covers on our documents last year, so perhaps somebody was asleep at the switch in Miami.

Also, what happens for people who booked under the old program? Will they not have the daily service charge (that's included in the new reservations) added and basically be getting a free ride?

Archived