Ferry to Manhattan Cruise Port?

fredsbabe

Does the Weehawken Ferry drop passengers off at the Manhattan passenger cruise terminal at 711 12th ave.? If not, is there another ferry that drops passengers off at that terminal (from NJ)? We're taking a Bermuda cruise out of NYC in Sept., and we're thinking of driving to a hotel, like the Sheraton Suites in Weehawken, which is right by the ferry. Is there parking at the ferry terminal? Are there any hotels in NJ that allow you to leave your car there while you cruise?

Does the Weehawken Ferry drop passengers off at the Manhattan passenger cruise terminal at 711 12th ave.? If not, is there another ferry that drops passengers off at that terminal (from NJ)? We're taking a Bermuda cruise out of NYC in Sept., and we're thinking of driving to a hotel, like the Sheraton Suites in Weehawken, which is right by the ferry. Is there parking at the ferry terminal? Are there any hotels in NJ that allow you to leave your car there while you cruise?

The NY Waterway ferry from Port Imperial/Weehawken goes to the 39th Street ferry terminal in Manhattan, about 10 blocks south of the passenger ship piers. From the 39th Street terminal, you can walk north up 12th Avenue or take a taxi.

The New York Waterway website has complete information on routes, schedules, fares, and parking, and also includes maps:

http://www.nywaterway.com/

I am almost positive that you can not leave a car overnight in the ferry parking. It will be towed. No New York City hotel has free parking even for ten minutes!:) Some have weekly parking in New Jersey. Just search this board, upper right of your screen is the search function! Enjoy your cruise.:)

B.

Look at Homewood Suites in Edgewater. Also someone recently arranged to leave their car at Hyatt Place in Secaucus. You will still pay a substantial amount for a car service to the pier. I think from Homewood Suites you can get a ride to the ferry, but you have to get your luggage on and off it and then either walk or take a cab to the NY pier. You also have to be sure the ferry runs the day of the week at the time that you will be doing this.

I am almost positive that you can not leave a car overnight in the ferry parking. It will be towed. No New York City hotel has free parking even for ten minutes!:) Some have weekly parking in New Jersey. Just search this board' date=' upper right of your screen is the search function! Enjoy your cruise.:)

B.[/quote']

you can leave the car there over night. In fact I posted an email from the Weehauken ferry terminal saying so---a while back. All you need to do is tell them you will be leaving it for x days and they will tell you where to park it....

Homewood Suites in Edgewater has a shuttle bus to the Ferry (about a 4 minute ride) and you can leave your car there. They are right on the Hudson River and have beautiful views of NY and the cruise ships. When you get to the NY Side (about 8 minutes) just get a Taxi for a few dollars so you don't have to walk 12th Avenue with your luggage. The Ferry runs 7 days a week and is easy to navigate with luggage...everything is accessible.

I will argue this forever with Smeyer418 but you cannot leave your car at the ferry overnight without paying a very hefty price.

I stand corrected as of " May 1, 2010 you can park at NY waterway for $10.00 per day for overnights however that policy is subject to change." I guess they are shooting for soem extra income. I would still leave my car and stay at Homewood Suites.

The NY Waterway ferry from Port Imperial/Weehawken goes to the 39th Street ferry terminal in Manhattan, about 10 blocks south of the passenger ship piers. From the 39th Street terminal, you can walk north up 12th Avenue or take a taxi.

The New York Waterway website has complete information on routes, schedules, fares, and parking, and also includes maps:

http://www.nywaterway.com/

Ferry site looks like there are no ferries on Saturdays? just shows weekday schedule... we come back on a Saturday so wondering if they just don't have that on the site. Thanks for this info.. We may use this option!

Host Caroline

The ferry runs on Saturdays I just took it into the city and back home...we live 10 minutes away from it. It runs every 20 minutes from 8am - 12 midnight and take about 8 minutes. Go back to the site and scroll all the way to the bottom it gives you the weekend schedule of Port Imperial to West 39th. It is how most of us commute in and out of the city to go to shows, concerts and sporting events. I promise you it runs 7 days a week.

Ferry site looks like there are no ferries on Saturdays? just shows weekday schedule... we come back on a Saturday so wondering if they just don't have that on the site. Thanks for this info.. We may use this option!

Host Caroline

The ferry runs on Saturdays I just took it into the city and back home...we live 10 minutes away from it. It runs every 20 minutes from 8am - 12 midnight and take about 8 minutes. Go back to the site and scroll all the way to the bottom it gives you the weekend schedule of Port Imperial to West 39th. It is how most of us commute in and out of the city to go to shows, concerts and sporting events. I promise you it runs 7 days a week.

Sometimes people who aren't familiar with the service from Weehawken don't realize there are two ferry terminals there...Lincoln Harbor, which only has service on weekdays, and Port Imperial, which has service 7 days a week. It's an easy mistake to make because in the alphabetical listing of ferry terminals, Lincoln Harbor/ Weehawken is listed before Port Imperial/Weehawken.

Thanks! We were debating leaving car at EWR and getting shuttle into Mahatten (Driving from NC) but this option with Homewood Suites and then ferry looks pretty good since they have a shuttle. Will call them and see if they allow for 10 night cruise.

If in fact they will have parking at the ferry (long term there isn't our first choice), is the lot secure? We love Jewel's intinerary but would have preferred to sail from Cape Liberty to avoid the Manhattan hassle!

Thanks! We were debating leaving car at EWR and getting shuttle into Mahatten (Driving from NC) but this option with Homewood Suites and then ferry looks pretty good since they have a shuttle. Will call them and see if they allow for 10 night cruise.

If in fact they will have parking at the ferry (long term there isn't our first choice), is the lot secure? We love Jewel's intinerary but would have preferred to sail from Cape Liberty to avoid the Manhattan hassle!

The lot is an open lot and its open to the public walking in BUT the reports of breaking in have not been plentiful. Just remember to tell them you are staying for x days(as you drive in) or you might find you car towed.

Homewood Suites is an awesome hotel in a great location..you can park there for sure and it is very secure, a large part of that complex is very expensive apartments. There is no problem with safety anywhere but why not leave the car for free at the hotel. The ferry parking has no issues with theft. The parking at Homewood Suites is underground covered parking.

There is no problem with safety anywhere but why not leave the car for free at the hotel. The ferry parking has no issues with theft. The parking at Homewood Suites is underground covered parking.

Do you know how much the hotel charges for leaving the car there? Thanks!

Archived