Considering a cruise With Royal...

Thought I would stop in on these boards and ask the experts a few questions. I'd like to try a RC cruise, there are a few ships that will be sailing from my hometown (Tampa) and a few in Orlando that we are considering.

We prefer to sail in the Fall so we're thinking Sept-Dec 2011 and are trying to figure out which ship would be best. We (our group) are mostly late 20's & early 30's and we have young kids ranging from 5-16 yrs old. We know the older kids would probably love the Flowrider, ice skating and the rock climbing so we have been looking at the Freedom of the Seas. But I seen pictures of the Radiance and she is beautiful! Any suggestions on ships?

Also what is the best way to get tha great price on RC? Should we book in advance or wait for last minute price drops?

Also what would you consider a great deal (price wise) for a 7 day sailing on Freedom of the Seas. I found some rates of about $2290 for 4 in an Inside cabin for Oct 2011 is that good or about average for RC?

And last question:) why are not all of the prices published online, is this normal practice with RC? It makes comparison pricing hard because I can't seem to get an idea of pricing for all the different staterooms available.

Thanks for any advice!

Thought I would stop in on these boards and ask the experts a few questions. I'd like to try a RC cruise, there are a few ships that will be sailing from my hometown (Tampa) and a few in Orlando that we are considering.

We prefer to sail in the Fall so we're thinking Sept-Dec 2011 and are trying to figure out which ship would be best. We (our group) are mostly late 20's & early 30's and we have young kids ranging from 5-16 yrs old. We know the older kids would probably love the Flowrider, ice skating and the rock climbing so we have been looking at the Freedom of the Seas. But I seen pictures of the Radiance and she is beautiful! Any suggestions on ships?

Also what is the best way to get tha great price on RC? Should we book in advance or wait for last minute price drops?

Also what would you consider a great deal (price wise) for a 7 day sailing on Freedom of the Seas. I found some rates of about $2290 for 4 in an Inside cabin for Oct 2011 is that good or about average for RC?

And last question:) why are not all of the prices published online, is this normal practice with RC? It makes comparison pricing hard because I can't seem to get an idea of pricing for all the different staterooms available.

Thanks for any advice!

If you're looking for a ship out of Orlando, then you're out of luck;), Freedom sails from Port Canaveral, which is about as far from Orlando as you are.!!

The rate you have found looks about average, but RCI does honor price drops, as long as the lower price is not part of a special sale, so book at that price and then keep checking for drops, call and your price will be adjusted.

Have never known prices not to be quoted online, unless either the catagory is sold out, or the catagory does not hold the amount of people you want to put in the room

Freedom is a great ship and everyone should have a wonderful time

:D

Thanks for any advice!

We've sailed on both Freedom and Radiance and I would think it comes down to whether you prefer a big ship or one somewhat smaller than Freedom. Both are beautiful ships but we prefer the smaller class. RCL displays all cabin prices on their web site broken down into Suites, Veranda, Ocean view and Inside.

Oh my goodness, I dont know why I put Orlando, lol! I meant Port Canaveral...

I am trying to find pricing for 2 adults and 2 kids, maybe the dates I am looking for are sold out for the interior cabins then because it says "Not available online. Please call for availability." I'm just not familiar with their cabin structure and pricing, it's kind of overwhelming because there are so many cabin options (which is great, just confusing to a newbie, lol!).

Oh my goodness, I dont know why I put Orlando, lol! I meant Port Canaveral...

I am trying to find pricing for 2 adults and 2 kids, maybe the dates I am looking for are sold out for the interior cabins then because it says "Not available online. Please call for availability." I'm just not familiar with their cabin structure and pricing, it's kind of overwhelming because there are so many cabin options (which is great, just confusing to a newbie, lol!).

Try the 7 night Freedom out of Port Canaveral..if you can... maybe a family OV might ( catagory FO ) be better for you than an interior as they can be pretty small..if not whatever is in your budget will be what's best for your needs..enjoy the Freedom class ship..more to do for a family..you won't be sorry...and this from a Radiance lover...

Try the 7 night Freedom out of Port Canaveral..if you can... maybe a family OV might ( catagory FO ) be better for you than an interior as they can be pretty small..if not whatever is in your budget will be what's best for your needs..enjoy the Freedom class ship..more to do for a family..you won't be sorry...and this from a Radiance lover...

I agree with the kids go with Freedom, there is also a lot to do for the older (??) people as well (hey to me 20 - 30 is not old!). One additional comment, the Family Ocean View stateroom I believe can only be booked on the phone. The saterooms that hold more than 4 are not available on-line. Anything else that fits your criteria you should be able to do on-line.

Archived