A Different Wine Question

goodie2shoes

I have been reading all I can find about ordering wine on board with dinner in the various dining rooms. From what I read it sounds like there are different wine lists in each dining area.

First question: is this correct?

Second, if I have a wine with dinner in the Pinnacle Grill for example, that I enjoy, and am dining in the Main Dining Room - La Fontaine on the Amsterdam, to be exact, the next night, can I order the same wine I had the night before or am I restricted to only the wines on that particular wine list?

Finally, I believe that if I don't finish the bottle one evening, that they can retreive it the next night from any dining room. Again, am I correct in this?

While I am an experienced cruiser, this is my first time on HAL, and many things are different from the cruise line I usually use. I seem to get more confused the more a read about some subjects.

Thanks!

I have been reading all I can find about ordering wine on board with dinner in the various dining rooms. From what I read it sounds like there are different wine lists in each dining area.

First question: is this correct? Yes

Second, if I have a wine with dinner in the Pinnacle Grill for example, that I enjoy, and am dining in the Main Dining Room - La Fontaine on the Amsterdam, to be exact, the next night, can I order the same wine I had the night before or am I restricted to only the wines on that particular wine list? Yes -- on most ships the wine steward will honor your request.

Finally, I believe that if I don't finish the bottle one evening, that they can retreive it the next night from any dining room. Again, am I correct in this? Yes - they will label it with your name and cabin number. And if you have fixed dining they will also ask for your dining time and table number.

While I am an experienced cruiser, this is my first time on HAL, and many things are different from the cruise line I usually use. I seem to get more confused the more a read about some subjects.

Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Krazy Kruizers, for the quick reply. I'm not a wine snob - just like to be able to order what I want and like - no matter where I am. You have relieved my mind. One less thing to worry about needlessly. I can't wait for the cruise!

You can request Pinnacle's Wine List in the Main Dining Room if you wish.

Wine steward will keep your unfinished wine for you and return it to your table the next night.

You may wish to discuss wines with the CellarMaster. Your steward could request he visit your table.

Conversely, I believe you can request the wine list from the main dining room when you dine at Pinnacle. I felt that the Pinnacle's wine list (even though there were nice selections) was limited and found out too late I could have requested the MDR wine list.

TracyE

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

We are on the Amsterdam for the first 14 day Alaskan Adventurer cruise on May 17. We are really looking forward to our first cruise on HAL, and this itinerary is certainly one of the best (in my opinion).

Archived