cabo whale watching??

39august

Penny:

Thanks for the information. We decided to book the tour with Eduardo,e ven though he advised we would not likely see whales, because he offered a number of interesting sights, and because it sounded like a fun few hours, including those margaritas. Thanks again for reinforcing our decision.

David

We just got off the Diamond Princess and didn't see any either on our tour. It's almost as if the tour guides knew we wouldn't as they only "parked" for about ten minutes out there before deciding there weren't any whales "because it was too windy and we wouldn't be able to see them because of the choppy waters".

It was a pleasant, but expensive boat ride.

We did, however, see a couple of whales spouting and slapping their tails from the ship as we were passing Cabo on the way down to Puerto Vallarta. They must have been the last few! Thank you Captain for pointing those out to us!

we just got off the mercury. We booked the snorkel trip but on the way our driver spotted the whales and detoured. The snorkeling was not good but the unexpected whale watching was fantastic

Anyone else been there recently and had any successful tours? We are on the Diamond 3/26 and have made reservations for the Zodiac Whale Watching tour. Now we're trying to decide if it's worthwhile.

Jean

If I didn't have my 6 yr old with me I would have done the Zodiacs instead of the slooooow one we were on. They were zipping all over the place, maybe they saw something we were too slow to catch a glimpse of.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the Diamond Princess, and we did see some whales in Cabo on the Zodiac tour. We almost cancelled, and I'm so glad that we didn't! It was a great time and those zodiac boats really move!!

Jean

• 2 weeks later...

Archived