POM Rental Car to FLL, Hertz or SoBe Pickup?

keishashadow

Any suggestions welcome...still trying to figure out how to kill many hours before late flight home from cruise POM

Have Hertz rental booked, told it's a shuttle (no fast track gold counter here) and that it can take "quite a long time" according to the rep i spoke to @ location due to influx of cruise passengers.

Since we'll probably just meander up IA vs I95, wondering if it's feasible to grab a taxi to SoBe rental locations (4000 block of collins)?

Not familiar w/layout of Miami in general, looking @ map it doesn't seem 'too far'...ive been bitten by that before lol. was thinking $25 or so for taxi? would be worth it to me to avoid possible Hertz hassle.

Any suggestions welcome...still trying to figure out how to kill many hours before late flight home from cruise POM

Have Hertz rental booked, told it's a shuttle (no fast track gold counter here) and that it can take "quite a long time" according to the rep i spoke to @ location due to influx of cruise passengers.

Since we'll probably just meander up IA vs I95, wondering if it's feasible to grab a taxi to SoBe rental locations (4000 block of collins)?

Not familiar w/layout of Miami in general, looking @ map it doesn't seem 'too far'...ive been bitten by that before lol. was thinking $25 or so for taxi? would be worth it to me to avoid possible Hertz hassle.

The 4000 block of Collins is Mid Beach and I would think it would be less expensive than South Beach.

i'm trying to do the same time .. how far is collins from POM? when I googled it .. it took about 30 min drive to get to that destination .. did I use the wrong address for POM? I have a 8PM flight out of FLL .. and my cruise is from POM :(

i'm trying to do the same time .. how far is collins from POM? when I googled it .. it took about 30 min drive to get to that destination .. did I use the wrong address for POM? I have a 8PM flight out of FLL .. and my cruise is from POM :(

it's not so much the 'mileage' vs the traffic re taxi fare typically

here's a link to taxi fare finder for Miami with 'expected' fare, yet it's a scary feeling to watch that meter keep ticking when u r stuck in traffic.:rolleyes:

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami

appears as though in expected range of approx $25 including $3 tip, which above poster said was fare to MIA to pick up a rental.

What part of Collins? The road is about 10 miles long.

lol

"uncle"

i considered the stress factor & additional expense of car/gas/some sort of activity & spent another $250 on an earlier flight;)

figure it's costing maybe $100-$50 more...i'll make up the difference somewhere else on the trip.

thanks all:)

Archived