OV v Balc. & Fun Select v Fun Saver

igo2travel

We're currently booked on an Ocean View, Fun Select, December '10, Southern Caribbean cruise, which doesn't require full payment and has a refundable deposit up through October. Plane tickets for San Juan have been purchased and paid for.

It appears for $229 more, we can have a balcony if we do Fun Saver, which has a non-refundable deposit, but as I said, the plane tickets are paid for, so it appears we're a go.

So does anyone have any arguments or opinions on why this would/wouldn't be a smart change. The cruise is port intensive, but I have teenagers coming along and sitting out on the balcony in the morning with my coffee waiting for them to get ready sounds like a better vacation than not one but am I really only looking at the disadvantage or not having a refundable deposit but gaining a balcony for $229?

Could you wait a bit and see if prices go down? I am assuming you are on the Victory? We were going to upgrade to a Balcony from an OV and pay the 200+ difference, but I waited and was able to get the balcony for the same price as the OV.

Could you wait a bit and see if prices go down? I am assuming you are on the Victory? We were going to upgrade to a Balcony from an OV and pay the 200+ difference, but I waited and was able to get the balcony for the same price as the OV.

if she changes to ES and the prices go down, she can get the price drop, even after final payment.

Archived