Oasis of the Seas on Getaway tonight!

cazz0069

Will be interesting to see, but who would want to cruise on such a large ship.

Have you booked your cruise on the Rhapsody, don't muck around otherwise your chance of getting that good cabin will go.

Even if you book it, you usually don't have to pay your deposit for a number of days, then you can convince Eric.

Will be interesting to see, but who would want to cruise on such a large ship.

Have you booked your cruise on the Rhapsody, don't muck around otherwise your chance of getting that good cabin will go.

Even if you book it, you usually don't have to pay your deposit for a number of days, then you can convince Eric.

Ok, i have booked it. Just to lock it in, i suppose i can always cancel but we really need to lock that cabin in! :)

Ok, i have booked it. Just to lock it in, i suppose i can always cancel but we really need to lock that cabin in! :)

Getting better, Jas. :) I can't start breathing again until I see your countdown ticker, though. :eek:

Really looking forward to watching it tonight. Just hope that they show us as much as they can.

In the past I would say Getaway's reporting on cruise ships in the past to be quite dismal. Here's hoping they proove me wrong tonight.

Jillybean:)

Not a well constructed sentence, too late to edit it now .....sorry....:o

Jillybean :o

Not a well constructed sentence, too late to edit it now .....sorry....:o

Jillybean :o

Don't worry Jillybean we all know what YOU mean! :D Their coverage is usually not worth waiting for. Let's hope it's better tonight.

Not a bad intoduction to the in's and out's of the ship by Getaway for a change. Must have been ok, as Jillybean thought it was a reasonably good review. I thought for a moment that I was in one of the Las Vegas hotels when they showed the boardwalk. Not sure I want to cruise on her but it would be an experience to remember thats for sure.

RoyBoy :)

They need to have in every cabin a paging system to keep in contact with each other. You might get lost and not find each other until the end of the cruise.

Yes very much like Las Vegas.

Yes I think walkie talkies would be mandatory in our family if we were on board that ship...

Nah, Didn't impress me - it was just like a holiday resort! :rolleyes: It didn't have the feel of a ship at all. If I won a trip on it I wouldn't say no, but.......... I didn't fancy the balconies overlooking the 'boardwalk', either.

I think the young ones would enjoy the facilities, but it is definitely not a sailor's ship. To each his own, though. :)

Nah, Didn't impress me - it was just like a holiday resort! It didn't have the feel of a ship at all. If I won a trip on it I wouldn't say no, but.......... I didn't fancy the balconies overlooking the 'boardwalk', either.

I think the young ones would enjoy the facilities, but it is definitely not a sailor's ship. To each his own, though. :)

Yes Sandielle I agree....I said to Royboy if they hadn't shown the bow of the ship I wouldn't have known it was a ship.:rolleyes:

I don't know if it was just the music they played in the segment but it seemed very noisy & full on. It seemed that the balconies overlooking the boulevard would be noisy too, with all that activity going on below. Give me a mid-sized ship instead I think

I don't know if it was just the music they played in the segment but it seemed very noisy & full on. It seemed that the balconies overlooking the boulevard would be noisy too, with all that activity going on below. Give me a mid-sized ship instead I think

I have to agree. Who on earth would want a cabin that overlooked over a noisy promenade. And worse still being able to see into the cabins on the other side...It was an amazing ship, and i would love to see it to believe it, but dont think it would be the first ship i would choose. Thought the ship finder thing was pretty kewl, see how many people in restaurants etc...The thing that puzzled me was how many activities and things would require the ship being on calm seas...the aqua shows, the flying fox thingee, the flowrider..its almost like they have sat back and thought `what things would be the hardest to operate on a ship..ahh stuff it, lets put em on anyway` :)

I have to agree. Who on earth would want a cabin that overlooked over a noisy promenade. And worse still being able to see into the cabins on the other side...It was an amazing ship, and i would love to see it to believe it, but dont think it would be the first ship i would choose. Thought the ship finder thing was pretty kewl, see how many people in restaurants etc...The thing that puzzled me was how many activities and things would require the ship being on calm seas...the aqua shows, the flying fox thingee, the flowrider..its almost like they have sat back and thought `what things would be the hardest to operate on a ship..ahh stuff it, lets put em on anyway` :)

Jas, it's so big I don't think there would be much movement at all. In fact in the first interview they did on the Oasis when she was launched, the captain said a passenger asked him when they were going to sail and he said they'd been sailing for a couple of hours already!

Just not my idea of a ship - but then my ancestors were master mariners. LOL!

Jas, it's so big I don't think there would be much movement at all. In fact in the first interview they did on the Oasis when she was launched, the captain said a passenger asked him when they were going to sail and he said they'd been sailing for a couple of hours already!

Just not my idea of a ship - but then my ancestors were master mariners. LOL!

Ahh Sandy that explains it ;) The other thing that made me wonder too was all those food stores on the promendade and park etc, would they all be extra or included? That elevator type bar thingee looked pretty cool too! :)

Ahh Sandy that explains it ;) The other thing that made me wonder too was all those food stores on the promendade and park etc, would they all be extra or included? That elevator type bar thingee looked pretty cool too! :)

Yes it does. I could have a few drinks and blame my staggering on the elevator, couldn't I???;)

Gining that I often get lost on a mid sized ship i woul dhave to wonder how many hours/days I would spend trying to find my cabin on something this big LOL.

However, if they build a mid-sized ship with the moving bar I could be really interested,

Aah Jas, talking about ships and mariners......I'm doing this history paper for my U3A class and decided to do it on the French colonisation of Akaroa (which was foiled somewhat) and I've been googling away for images of the old ships they used and can't find ONE!!! I did get a painting of Captain Langlois, though.

Aaaagh I'll never get it finished in time.

Well, you'll be able to dream of the Rhapsody tonight - I reckon it would be better than the Oasis.

The thing that puzzled me was how many activities and things would require the ship being on calm seas...the aqua shows, the flying fox thingee, the flowrider..its almost like they have sat back and thought `what things would be the hardest to operate on a ship..ahh stuff it, lets put em on anyway` :)

They actually had issues for quite a while after launch, with the Aqua performances in particular with segments cancelled due to rough seas, and difficulties meant it took longer to have operating than planned. Fortunately, the itineraries taken are usually not too rough, but individual show cancellations are not uncommon.

They set out to make it an entertainment spectacular though, and that's what they've delivered.

Archived