Coffee Service in JR Suite

Question regarding coffee/tea service ensuite in JR Suite for anyone who has sailed on Freedom in 2010...

Is the coffee/tea service in the JR suite set-up similarly to what you would find in a hotel? What brand coffee/tea do they offer ensuite?

Thanks

We had an entertaining time using the coffee maker.:)

The machine only makes one cup at a time but the coffee sachets were huge and would have been sufficient for a 6-8 cup machine:confused: . We will be in a JS again in a few weeks time so are hoping to have a bit more success.

The machine only makes one cup at a time but the coffee sachets were huge and would have been sufficient for a 6-8 cup machine:confused: . We will be in a JS again in a few weeks time so are hoping to have a bit more success.

the same happened to us...the individual pods cost more $$$...the ones provided make 8 cups??????????

also the machine was not cleaned when we got there, nor did it appeared to be cleaned durning our stay, yuk

the answer is room service...or RCI buy the correct size pods

I'm sorry to hear that this is still a problem-wrong size coffee provided to use with the one cup pot. If this is the case on my next cruise I'm going to take the pot along with the huge pod of coffee grounds to the Purser's desk and politely ask them to show me how to use it.

And I'm going to bring some of the right size pods with me just in case!

As of November, Radiance didn't have the coffeemakers in the JS cabins, just the tea kettles. We'll see tomorrow whether she does.:D

But I agree that it's a mess - we make a cup of coffee and boil some hot water. Then we put half the coffee into the other mug and add hot water so it's drinkable. But I always spill, so I need to get extra washcloths from my cabin steward. This time we're bringing the Starbuck Via (single serve instant coffee). It's pretty good stuff, and will be a lot easier for everybody.

As of November, Radiance didn't have the coffeemakers in the JS cabins, just the tea kettles. We'll see tomorrow whether she does.:D

But I agree that it's a mess - we make a cup of coffee and boil some hot water. Then we put half the coffee into the other mug and add hot water so it's drinkable. But I always spill, so I need to get extra washcloths from my cabin steward. This time we're bringing the Starbuck Via (single serve instant coffee). It's pretty good stuff, and will be a lot easier for everybody.

Yes, Radiance has the coffee set up in the JS now. But it's the same problem. Huge full size pod for a one cup maker. At this point, the coffee set up is just desk clutter. It probably is great for making a cup of tea though....just run water through it to make hot water for the supplied tea bags.

Gina

Archived