Birthday Cake in Boston

Our daughter will celebrate her 21st birthday :) on our New England/Canada cruise in September and I would like to buy a bithday cake in Boston (our port of call the day before the birthday) rather than get one from the cruise ship.

Can anyone recommend a good cake shop/bakery in Boston?

Our daughter will celebrate her 21st birthday :) on our New England/Canada cruise in September and I would like to buy a bithday cake in Boston (our port of call the day before the birthday) rather than get one from the cruise ship.

My favorite is the Eldo Cake House in the Chinatown section of Boston and my favorite cake is the one made with fresh strawberries decorating it. They also have one made with peach slices and also no fruit at all, just whipped cream icing. And of course there is Mike's Bakery (Italian) in the North End.

My brother has gotten some truly evil chocolate cakes from Athans in Brookline :-)

If you want to go just south of the city there is the Konditormeister in Braintree (about fifteen minutes south of Boston). You can check the out on line www.konditormeister.com. Some really deadly chocolate cakes!!!!!!

My favorite is the Eldo Cake House in the Chinatown section of Boston and my favorite cake is the one made with fresh strawberries decorating it. They also have one made with peach slices and also no fruit at all, just whipped cream icing. And of course there is Mike's Bakery (Italian) in the North End.

I would go ot Mike's.. while there spend money on Canoli's. the best!!

I would go ot Mike's.. while there spend money on Canoli's. the best!!

Mike's is good but Canolis not stuffed while you wait. One of the best (and best deals) in town is getting a Canoli from Shaws supermarket (near Prudential Tower before you get to Copley Mall). You can ask them to stuff them for you and the cost for a large one is about $1.39.

Many thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately my daughter does not not like cream, whipped or otherwise.

Chocolate on the other hand...............

If it's chocolate you want then it's definitely worth the trip to Konditormeister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a little hard to run all over the city fro a cake. braintree without a car- not fun!!

Sorry, I didn't even think about you not having a car. If you could get an excursion with a stop in the north end I'm sure you could get something at one of the pastry shops. Did you check to see if you could order a cake onboard? They have some really good pastries.

Archived