allergy sufferers

ms-getaway

...And the correct answer is....

Yes!!! (It is my excuse to go on a Caribbean cruise every year over spring break)

Seriously though, mine are definitely better or non-existent when in the Caribbean ;)

I like that idea;)

I am going to suggest a gross (but seems to work) solution.

YEARS ago, people used to use Neti Pots.

Hubby suffers horribly during pollen time....so I got him one from Walmart.

He uses it whenever he feels an attack coming on and it has really helped.

It literally flushes out the pollen from your sinuses that causes the "reaction".

From living in the tropics off and on, I find my seasonal allergies much better while in the tropics. Because there aren't pronounced seasons, there is not the massive release of pollen at certain times like we get in more temperate climates.

That said, if you have allergies to mold, this can be worse in the tropics in the rainy season.

Anyone have a terrible cough from their allergies this year?I have been coughing for 2 weeks.Taking claritan but it doesn't seem to help.Any suggestions?

Laura

I had exactly the same problem with Claritin and the cough caused me to lose my voice. I switched to Zyrtec and it it working great!

I had exactly the same problem with Claritin and the cough caused me to lose my voice. I switched to Zyrtec and it it working great!

Ok.. I am officially jealous. Oddly enough, I am allergic to all cold and sinus (or allergy) medication....

how much fun is it for me at pollen time???? :eek:

I am going to suggest a gross (but seems to work) solution.

YEARS ago, people used to use Neti Pots.

Hubby suffers horribly during pollen time....so I got him one from Walmart.

He uses it whenever he feels an attack coming on and it has really helped.

It literally flushes out the pollen from your sinuses that causes the "reaction".

I know several people that swear by them. I've used a nasal saline raise and it worked.

Thanks,I will pick some up tomorrow.

Laura

Hi, Laurab23

I forgot to specify: You should get Zyrtec D, which the pharmacy tech has to hand to you. You don't need a prescription, but it is not readily available on the self-help counter due to regulations to prevent drug abuse. The Zyrtec, Claritin, Sudafed PE, etc. that are just readily available do not have the key ingredients for decongestion and are worthless in my opinion... my nose agrees. ;)

Hope you are doing better!

Hi, Laurab23

I forgot to specify: You should get Zyrtec D, which the pharmacy tech has to hand to you. You don't need a prescription, but it is not readily available on the self-help counter due to regulations to prevent drug abuse. The Zyrtec, Claritin, Sudafed PE, etc. that are just readily available do not have the key ingredients for decongestion and are worthless in my opinion... my nose agrees. ;)

Hope you are doing better!

That is the one I got and it does seem to help the coughing.But boy,does it make me sleepy.Hopefully I will get over that before work tomorrow.thanks.

Laura

I think I am allergic to everything!!! Have not had formal testing just usually take zyrtec or some OTC allergy sinus. I have an doctors appt. next monday to discuss the hell I have been in this year. THIS YEAR...my eyes itch and run, sneezing, runny nose, ear pressure and headaches, and a cough at night.:( I would assume pollen and mold because they are not much better after rain. my car is a dark grayish silver but it has been greenish yellow for weeks. I have given up washing it. I need to feel better and het outta here soon.:confused:

I don't like to tell people what to do, but I would strongly recommend getting allergy testing done. Knowing what I am allergic to has helped me avoid triggers, if you are like me and are allergic to basicly everything outdoors, allergy shots will help you in a huge way! It was like getting a new life for me. I can actually be outside now. I got a seasonal chart for my allergies and they start in Jan, and end in Dec. Yay. :eek: Knowledge is a good thing and shots are a better thing. Some doctors also do under the tongue drops instead of shots. Life Changing! I really can not say enough how much allergy shots have helped me.

Ok.. I am officially jealous. Oddly enough, I am allergic to all cold and sinus (or allergy) medication....

how much fun is it for me at pollen time???? :eek:

Me too, and this year has been horrible. I am usually fine while cruising.

IwannaGo[/left] Now;24135778] so I know I won't have a problem on board.....unless I get a BALCONY NEIGHBOR that smokes!!! :mad:

That's the thing that most smokers don't understand ... some people really are allergic to the smoke! We are not trying to be difficult just for the fun of it! Why would I care if someone smokes? I don't, it is their right. I don't agree with it, but that is my opinion. ... But now I am so allergic to the smell of the smoke. I'm not trying to be rude to the smoker - I just can't handle it.

Same thing for perfume and that &^%$ scented lotion women love to slather themselves with. :mad: (I am a woman so I am not being prejudice LOL!) It's just really difficult. My allergies now also include all outdoor, mold, dust and pets. (and get worse every year)

I predict in a few years I will probably have to live in a bubble!! :D

Archived