Help Deciding between Emerald Princess or Solstice

MessyJessy

Solstice! Solstice! Solstice! Have not sailed the Emerald but the Caribbean Princess was not even close to our Solstice cruise!

:) Ok! Ok! Ok! I'll give 3 votes for the enthusiasm! lol! Solstice is sounding really good!

I would really like to try the S Class ships and if it were just the two of you that would be my recommendation, but with a 2 1/2 year old, I'd recommend Princess with the mini suite.

Are children not as common or welcome on Celebrity?

Thought I'd post an update.

After much consideration we booked Celebrity Solstice CC. We are on the "hump" and from looking at pics from fellow passengers, have a slightly larger balcony. Thanks for all the help Celebrity Fans.

It was a hard decision to make (space vs. CC) but interior pictures of both ships really were in favor of Celebrity. Its hard to believe they were launched within a year of each other. No offense to loyal Princess cruisers, but the cabin decor looked very dated in comparison to Celebrity.

I can't wait to see Celebrity Solstice for myself! She looks like a beautiful ship! :)

She is. Congratulations. IMO given your criteria, you will not be sorry about your choice. You might want to make sure that you are facing aft and not forward.

We have had the larger hump-balcony cabins twice...once facing forward and once facing aft. No difference whatsoever in our enjoyment of these cabins. There was no wind curl in the forward-facing balcony, if that was your concern.

We have had the larger hump-balcony cabins twice...once facing forward and once facing aft. No difference whatsoever in our enjoyment of these cabins. There was no wind curl in the forward-facing balcony, if that was your concern.

I was wondering about that. Ours is facing aft. Is there no breeze at all? We kind of like a little wind. Any pics of the aft facing cabin? I'm so excited!!!:D

I just sailed the Ruby (sister to the Emerald) and then the Solstice earlier this year. I had a suite on the Ruby, so I can't commit on regular Princess cabins. I stayed in a regular balcony cabin on the Solstice and found the lack of storage even as a solo traveller pretty bad. However, without a doubt, I liked my Solstice experience better. Food was better, crew was better and I liked the Solstice's decor so much more than any ship I've ever been on. Add to that the awesome Hot Glass show and the lawn club which gave such a different vibe to the top deck of the ship and I'd say the choice is obvious.

I'm already busy scouting prices for another Solstice cruise this summer :)

Archived