Earliest luggage drop off for spirit

LUVNICK

I will be traveling on the Silver Spirit out of Monte Carlo. Does anyone know the earliest we can check our luggage at the port. We will be flying in to Nice around noon and would like to explore Monte Carlo a little before boarding. We set sail at 7:00pm so we don't want to carry our bags around Monte Carlo with us:eek:. Any info would be greatly appreciated.:)

You should be able to board at noon and thus hand over your luggage to SS at that time. Previously one had to request "early boarding" at $ 100 per person, but I understand that the new boarding policy allows anyone to board around noon now. Your cabin may not be ready.

We are going on the Spirit on May 8th :):):) and plan to be there by noon.

Yes, that sounds right. They may want you to check in and swap your passport for a cruise card, but that should not take long. Before 12 (which I understand does not apply in your case), I would expect the ship's staff to take your luggage, but to get to them you have to get past the local SS reps who most likely will be the first people that you encounter at the port. Before 10, you are going against the flow with disembarking guests, and I imagine that would be less popular and harder going.

Before 12 (which I understand does not apply in your case), I would expect the ship's staff to take your luggage, but to get to them you have to get past the local SS reps who most likely will be the first people that you encounter at the port.

You should be able to board at noon and thus hand over your luggage to SS at that time.

We're going to be in that situation in Athens this June - our flight arrives at 9:30 but with the glacial pace of Greek customs and all, plus the drive from ATH to Piraeus, figuring that we'll be there ~11:30. We are hoping to dump our bags at the ship and explore the area for a few hours.

Or if we are a little late, we'd be there for noon check-in.

TA called SS and they implied that this would be possible; good to hear that others with experience can verify. Though jgibbs, you have me worried with your statement about "getting past the local SS reps..." Should I hit them with my suitcase and knock them in the drink??:eek:

Thanks!

jgibbs, you have me worried with your statement about "getting past the local SS reps..." Should I hit them with my suitcase and knock them in the drink??
Didn't mean to cause alarm and despondency! Depending on which port you're in, the local reps may or may not deal with cruise passengers and especially SS guests on a daily basis. It sometimes seems like they have been shipped in from local travel agencies and issued with a SS-branded scarf, badge and clipboard and then they have to get on with it. In some of the larger cruise terminals, you may be quite a way from the ship when you arrive at the cruise terminal.

Archived