Tips - do they charge tips for a person under 2?

cruzin007

I read on this site that the automatic tips are $12 per person per day. Do they charge the $12 per day for an infant under 2?

Also can these tips be paid for ahead of time. I have to make a final payment on 5/10. Can I ask them to add the automatic tips to my final payment and take care of them instead of while I am onboard?

Thanks for any info.

I read on this site that the automatic tips are $12 per person per day. Do they charge the $12 per day for an infant under 2?

Also can these tips be paid for ahead of time. I have to make a final payment on 5/10. Can I ask them to add the automatic tips to my final payment and take care of them instead of while I am onboard?

Thanks for any info.

No, the service charge does not apply to an infant under two.

Yes, you can pre-pay the service charge. Contact your travel agent, if you used one, or NCL if you booked directly with the cruise line.

All from the age of 3 will pay the $12,- service charge

I do know for a fact that charges for children are negotiable, most especially young children. Talk to the front desk. They will ask you what you think you should pay for your children. Seriously. Just give it serious thought. Don't be ridiculous about it.

I do know for a fact that charges for children are negotiable, most especially young children. Talk to the front desk. They will ask you what you think you should pay for your children. Seriously. Just give it serious thought. Don't be ridiculous about it.

Trying to weasel out of paying the prescribed service charge for your children is being "ridiculous." The cheapness of some people continues to boggle the mind.

Let's not start this heated discussion again. PS you are wrong :mad::(

How much is the charge?

Onboard Service Charges are additional. A charge of $12 per person per day will automatically be added to your onboard account.

Are service charges across the board for all guests?

All guests 3 years or older.

Informaton above is from NCL's Web site. :cool:

That's the room steward's job. No need to pay extra.

JMHO - yes, it is the room steward's job to clean the room, but if they are picking up extra messes, diapers, etc; I see no problem leaving them a little extra. Yes, I expect them to service my cabin daily, but I certainly wouldn't leave my cabin a huge mess and then expect them to clean it just because "it's their job".

On every cruise we have had execellent room stewards. I always bring along a pad of Post-It notes in case we need something (extra towels/pillows/certain kind of soda in the fridge) and stick it to either the bathroom mirror or the mirror in the cabin and they always fulfill our requests. We always leave an extra few dollars laying on the bed every other day as an extra "Thank You" for the great job they do. The steward always call us by name when they see us in the hall/around the ship and we get frequent towel animals.

I am not saying that I think everyone should leave the extra cash, I am just sharing my experiences. We always tip extra for those that go above and beyond or fill out the comment card with the employee's name/s and we continue to pay the daily service charge also.

They should charge double tips for toddlers.

Archived