RCI made Mariner replacement cruise EASY

After having the Mariner Jan 16th cruise yanked out from under us, I just called them to set up a replacement cruise.

I thought I'd be limited to what they are offering on line. This isn't true. I did NOT have to book Mariner before Jan 16 or book Voyager out of Galveston on Jan 16. Those weren't options for me since we have no available time before that and why on earth would a Floridian want to fly to Galveston for a Caribbean cruise anyway when we have an abundance of them in our own state.

The woman told me that the $200 on board credit offer is being extended to ANY cruise at the current rates. FINE!!! I'll take another Radiance cruise out of Tampa, thank you. AND I still get to keep my $200 Diamond balcony discount. :)

The RCI rep couldn't have been any nicer. Fortunately I had no plane or pre-paid hotel reservations to deal with.

I'll miss the Mexican Riviera. :(

Gina

After having the Mariner Jan 16th cruise yanked out from under us, I just called them to set up a replacement cruise.

I thought I'd be limited to what they are offering on line. This isn't true. I did NOT have to book Mariner before Jan 16 or book Voyager out of Galveston on Jan 16. Those weren't options for me since we have no available time before that and why on earth would a Floridian want to fly to Galveston for a Caribbean cruise anyway when we have an abundance of them in our own state.

The woman told me that the $200 on board credit offer is being extended to ANY cruise at the current rates. FINE!!! I'll take another Radiance cruise out of Tampa, thank you. AND I still get to keep my $200 Diamond balcony discount. :)

The RCI rep couldn't have been any nicer. Fortunately I had no plane or pre-paid hotel reservations to deal with.

Gina

That's good, we are booked on march 24th, so the way iread it we would not get any OBC, hope it works for us as well

That's good, we are booked on march 24th, so the way iread it we would not get any OBC, hope it works for us as well

If your cruise is canceled, the OBC does apply to you, too. They just claim at their website that the OBC is good if you cruise Mariner before she leaves or cruise Voyager ON Jan 16....they have become more generous than that.

Book any replacement cruise and you should get the credit. It shows up on the confirmation as OBC2-$100 - that is a $100 credit per person. Nice...combinable...almost like the good old days. ;)

Gina

If your cruise is canceled, the OBC does apply to you, too. They just claim at their website that the OBC is good if you cruise Mariner before she leaves or cruise Voyager ON Jan 16....they have become more generous than that.

Book any replacement cruise and you should get the credit. It shows up on the confirmation as OBC2-$100 - that is a $100 credit per person. Nice...combinable...almost like the good old days. ;)

Gina

Thanks Gina, our cruise has been cancelled, so I will call tonight and rebook, more beer money!!:)

Did you call reservations or C&A?

Simon

Thanks Gina, our cruise has been cancelled, so I will call tonight and rebook, more beer money!!:)

Did you call reservations or C&A?

Simon

I called reservations at 1-866-521-7245 and asked for the redeployment desk. They did the booking change and added on the OBC. I then called the C&A desk and had the balcony discount added back on.

Apparently if you will rebook Mariner before she leaves, they will give you your already booked price. If you jump ship...you get the current ship's price. That's fine with me. There are probably some bargains out there. :)

Gina

Gina

Gina....

Thanks for sharing the update for the Mariner's sailings being canceled by RCCL, and what our options are. ...

Have a great weekend!

Dorothy

Gina....

Thanks for sharing the update for the Mariner's sailings being canceled by RCCL, and what our options are. ...

Have a great weekend!

Dorothy

I agree with Dorothy, Gina. Thanks for the info!! Sorry I won't be cruising with you out of LA. How about a Serenade cruise out of San Juan on 02/12/11 instead - LOL

Got the same price as our mexican cruise (even though the list price was a couple of hundred more) and a $200 obc. Very easy. :o

Hello Laurba......

Which ship and date did you make your change to? Did you transfer your booking and keep the original reservation number, or did you have to cancel your Mariner cruise and rebook under a new booking number?

We are glad that it worked out for you.... Bon Voyage for your cruise!

Well that sounds a bit better. Is there a time limit on when you need to book by - or when you need to travel?

We changed our reservation to Allure on Mar 27th, they actually called me to explain the compo offer and then I called back and changed.

I don't think there is a time limit for sailing, but all booking changes have to be done by May 6th

You will keep your original booking number. As long as you keep it, you can change your reservation again if you change your mind and keep the OBC. But as was said, you must make a new reservation by May 6 in order to get the initial OBC. If you cancel the reservation and rebook under a different booking number, you will not get the OBC.

So, book something, anything, even if you aren't quite sure where and when you want to go.

Gina

You will keep your original booking number. As long as you keep it, you can change your reservation again if you change your mind and keep the OBC. But as was said, you must make a new reservation by May 6 in order to get the initial OBC. If you cancel the reservation and rebook under a different booking number, you will not get the OBC.

Mommabean thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We had a suite booked and an inside cabin for our sons which means $600 OBC we would 'lose' if we don't rebook. Currently looking at our options which may have to be a completely different cruise in Autumn 2011, just the 2 of us when both our boys have gone off to Uni. Not quite the final family cruise we had planned and we'll presumably lose the $200 OBC as we'll only be booking one cabin

It wasn't any cruise which appealed to us for Easter next year, it was this particular cruise - SIGH!

Hello Laurba......

Which ship and date did you make your change to? Did you transfer your booking and keep the original reservation number, or did you have to cancel your Mariner cruise and rebook under a new booking number?

We are glad that it worked out for you.... Bon Voyage for your cruise!

We were on the Mariner of the Seas Feb 13, 2011 and changed to the Voyager of the Seas for the same week. Same booking number. The agent did everything over the phone and emailed me a new invoice. Got almost the same room too just one floor down. I am sad we didn't get to go on the Mariner, but am excited about the new adventure. This is our very first cruise so the experience will be exciting no matter where we go :)

Gina

When I first read your title my brain somehow made your "cruise easy" read as "Easy Cruise". I couldn't imagine what RCI had done to turn Mariner into that!:eek:

After the initial bitterness yesterday when we got the phone call about our Jan 2011 cruise being cancelled on the Mariner, we decided today to go Thanksgiving week! YEAH!! I am so excited now. We can take the kids with us and will probably have some family join us too. They gave us $400 OBC since we had a suite and $200 for the interior room AND they allowed us to pay only what we were quoted for Jan 2011 even though the Thanksgiving cruise is way more pricy.

I am happy for the new arrangement too, although I am still EXTREMELY sad that RCCL totally bailed on the West Coast after 2 short years.

Katherine

I called reservations at 1-866-521-7245 and asked for the redeployment desk. They did the booking change and added on the OBC. I then called the C&A desk and had the balcony discount added back on.

Apparently if you will rebook Mariner before she leaves, they will give you your already booked price. If you jump ship...you get the current ship's price. That's fine with me. There are probably some bargains out there. :)

Gina

I rebooked a longer cruise on the Radiance through the canal. Got the OBC, diamond balcony discount and did not have to increase my deposit. Wondering if they will catch the deposit, the cruise was twice as much. She used the same reservation number.

Mommabean thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We had a suite booked and an inside cabin for our sons which means $600 OBC we would 'lose' if we don't rebook. Currently looking at our options which may have to be a completely different cruise in Autumn 2011, just the 2 of us when both our boys have gone off to Uni. Not quite the final family cruise we had planned and we'll presumably lose the $200 OBC as we'll only be booking one cabin

It wasn't any cruise which appealed to us for Easter next year, it was this particular cruise - SIGH!

Bobal, don't the two cabins have separate reservation numbers? If they do, you can move them separately.

I'm still hoping they make it so easy for us in the UK. As of today we still haven't been informed that the cruise is cancelled - all I know is from this website. Spoke with our TA at the weekend, they didn't know anything about it and it was still showing as available on the UK reservations system according to RCL UK office. He finally spoke with someone in the UK office this morning and they apparently sent out letters on Friday which then have to reach our TA and then be forwarded on to us.

He asked about extending the OBC to all cruises and was told by RC UK that they would have to consider it once we let them know which cruise we're looking at :eek:. The cheek of it, they pull our cruise and then seem to be making it difficult to book something else. And if the May 6th deadline applies in the UK we're going to have less than a week to make a decision.

Archived