Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

We were on the Diamond in September when there was norovirus, I think it is brought back on board from ports were pax use the public restrooms etc and then it spreads on the ship.

Try not to use the ships public restrooms, go back to your cabin, wash hands often and don't touch the buttons in the elevators etc.

Luckily none of us got sick and hope the same goes for all of you.

They will probably clean the ship on Sunday and delay boarding which is what they did on our B2B unless it is under control by then.

Have a good trip.

Let us know if the service improves or it is going to be a long cruise for us next year!!!

...has reared it's ugly head once again.

Got a letter in our cabin one hour ago regarding a health advisory.The Horizon Court will no longer be self-serve and they have removed all fruit from the bar.They are currently serving you bread & butter in the dining room but I haven't had dinner yet so I'll have to see what further precautions have been taken.

I had to somehow "suffer" through a martini tonight without olives...:eek:

Other that that,having a ball...will keep updating,

CFL

...has reared it's ugly head once again.

Got a letter in our cabin one hour ago regarding a health advisory.The Horizon Court will no longer be self-serve and they have removed all fruit from the bar.They are currently serving you bread & butter in the dining room but I haven't had dinner yet so I'll have to see what further precautions have been taken.

I had to somehow "suffer" through a martini tonight without olives...:eek:

Other that that,having a ball...will keep updating,

CFL

I'm sure the salt and pepper will be gone. If you ask for sweetner they will just give the amount you need. :D :D

Hi everyone, we are loving the ship so far. I'm sure that you've already been told about the virus on the last cruise. We are not worried, we just wash our hands alot and are careful. They are serving us in the buffet line which I actually enjoy since my hands are full holding everything. We absolutely love the ship, it might be old but it is in very good shape. The new bedding is very nice. Will try to post later.

Betty

Hi everyone, we are loving the ship so far. I'm sure that you've already been told about the virus on the last cruise. We are not worried, we just wash our hands alot and are careful. They are serving us in the buffet line which I actually enjoy since my hands are full holding everything. We absolutely love the ship, it might be old but it is in very good shape. The new bedding is very nice. Will try to post later.

Betty

We are currently live from the Dawn (last day:( ) and while there have been many cases of the outbreak,if one uses common sense (no touching anything,frequent handwashing),you'll be fine.Everyone from our group has been fine through 10 days.I avoid the elevators like the plague...I do not like these close,confined spaces.

Have a great time and thanks for the updates...

...may your seas be calm and your drinks tall and cool!;)

CFL

Hello everyone,

Don't forget those pesky little viruses lurk on the key board of the computers. So try not to touch your face (mouth, nose and eyes) while you are using the computers and afterwards make sure you wash your hands. THIS MESSAGE IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT COMING TO YOU FROM 'LIVE IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT not really but LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN'.

Actually we will be sailing the Dawn on 1-14-07, hope it's a clean machine.

Thanks for the updates.

Dollar Bill:)

Hello everyone,

Don't forget those pesky little viruses lurk on the key board of the computers. So try not to touch your face (mouth, nose and eyes) while you are using the computers and afterwards make sure you wash your hands. THIS MESSAGE IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT COMING TO YOU FROM 'LIVE IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT not really but LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN'.

Actually we will be sailing the Dawn on 1-14-07, hope it's a clean machine.

Thanks for the updates.

Dollar Bill:)

They had santizing wipes and hand sanitizer in the 'puter room on the Dawn,we were washing our hands constantly,especially when we got back to our cabin...;)

The ship is still here and moving again. When we were getting ready to leave Curacao yesterday there was engine trouble something with the generators I think and we left about 2 hours late. Once we got moving I noticed(along with hundreds of other people I'm sure) that it was getting hotter and hotter. Since the, for lack of the right word, breaker board wasn't working right and the ship couldn't get enough power in order to keep the engine going we had no air for about 5 or 6 hours. Not the end of the world since thank goodness I have a balcony. Slept with the door open and was fine. I've been told that lots of people were sleeping out on deck because inside and outside cabins were unbearable. But today everything seems to be running smoothly. We will arrive in Isla Margarita late and all excursions have been cancelled.People must already be complaing because the captain made an announcement today that he is talking with Princess headquartes and in his wonderful English accent told us that they are looking for ways to show consideration for our inconvenience. If someone were ever going to give me bad news I would hope it would be someone British, they make everything sound nice.LOL I don't really feel like my cruise has been messed up at all, but I'm easygoing. As long as there is food, liquor and no snow I'm happy. I'll keep you posted I'm off to find lunch.

The ship is still here and moving again. When we were getting ready to leave Curacao yesterday there was engine trouble something with the generators I think and we left about 2 hours late. Once we got moving I noticed(along with hundreds of other people I'm sure) that it was getting hotter and hotter. Since the, for lack of the right word, breaker board wasn't working right and the ship couldn't get enough power in order to keep the engine going we had no air for about 5 or 6 hours. Not the end of the world since thank goodness I have a balcony. Slept with the door open and was fine. I've been told that lots of people were sleeping out on deck because inside and outside cabins were unbearable. But today everything seems to be running smoothly. We will arrive in Isla Margarita late and all excursions have been cancelled.People must already be complaing because the captain made an announcement today that he is talking with Princess headquartes and in his wonderful English accent told us that they are looking for ways to show consideration for our inconvenience. If someone were ever going to give me bad news I would hope it would be someone British, they make everything sound nice.LOL I don't really feel like my cruise has been messed up at all, but I'm easygoing. As long as there is food, liquor and no snow I'm happy. I'll keep you posted I'm off to find lunch.

Sounds like you are having a good cruise. Where in Georgia do you live? We live about 1 1/2 hours from Atlanta & about 30 minutes from Chattanooga. We will be on your ship in Feb.....can't wait....keep having a good time :)

Bobug... I'm from Elberton. Very small town by Athens.

Now about the cruise........... As I said before I am loving it. The cruise line decided to give everyone a $100.00 onboard credit, which I think was more than enough. As for the food, I also love it. We hav epersonal choice dinning and eat every night around5:45, my inlaws like to eat ealry. If you are going personal choice and if you can try and get a waitress named Gabriella, she is wonderful. The cruise is goignwell, when Ig et home I will write more and answer any questions that you have.

Betty

Hi, Khicks1101, I am staying in C744 and would be so grateful if you'd share your pictures with me QUOTE]

toto2kansas has posted B755 pics, and others which you might find helpful in getting a feel for your cabin. The pictured one is a deck above C744.

Her posting is http://travel.webshots.com/album/549336516kSsAyD.

Maybe this will give you a feel for what your cabin would be like. It helped me out, even tho we have a different cabin on Baja deck.

Good Luck.:)

Gosh, that is the way to travel....when I was on the Sun back in '05 we had an obstructed view cabin and it sure looked a lot different than these pictures. What category is this? I am going to check out how much more it would have cost me:rolleyes:

Gosh, that is the way to travel....when I was on the Sun back in '05 we had an obstructed view cabin and it sure looked a lot different than these pictures. What category is this? I am going to check out how much more it would have cost me:rolleyes:

I believe these are both AB category on the Sun - Both Aft cabins.

Well, my cruise is over and I'm back at work. But only for 1 day this week then 3 next. The cruise was great. We had a few problems as I mentioned but to me they weren't that big of a deal. I saw Tony Cherry and I enjoyed him. It reminded me of the music my mom liked. We saw a few of the shows and enjoyed them as well. The ship singers and dancers were very good. I've seen better but have seen worse also. As for the poolside band, I don't remember their name but I thought they were very god. Better than I've seen lately. The shopping onboard was O.K. I like Celebrity ships better in that area. The ship was in very good shape in my opinion. I love the new bedding, very soft. I heard a rumor that 30 people on our cruise got sick with the dreaded virus, I have no confirmation of this but it could be true. The ship was doing a very good job of keeping everything sanitized and extra clean. They even closed the public restrooms sometimes for "sanitizing". They recommended that you not use the public ones unless you had too. This was the first time we had been to Princess Cays and love their island. It was very nice and had enough chairs for everyone, And most importantly, they had more than one bar and they had the waiters walking around to get drink orders. They might do this on all the privately owned islands we don't know but we sure liked it. I would be happy to answer any questions that you all have like I said we loved the ship and had a great time. I almost forgot to let you know one thing I did find out. You cannot buy bottles of liquor from the bars anymore. Sad but true. Only room service packages.

With all of the talk about viruses and bed bugs, I am getting a little nervous. Don't remember those being much of an issue in the past.

Partly, because, in the past, it was called stomach flu and not really diagnosed or required to be reported to the CDC.

Partly, because, in the past, a lot of cruising was a local phenomenon and not so international.

On the way back from the Dawn, I carefully observed sanitary conditions on planes, airports and cabs. No wonder Noro is brought on board ships! I would bet you if people were cooped up in airplanes for 48 hours or whatever the gestation period is, planes would be getting a bad rap for Noro!

Next time you are on a plane or in an airport, look at the sanitary practices and compare them to a ship. No one cleans bathrooms every hour on a plane or in an airport. No one cleans the tables in the resturants every 10 minutes either. Tray tables are not sanitized, nor are headphones.

Keep in mind the Noro virus can live on surfaces for hours. Its the planes and airports I'm afraid of, not the ships.

Archived