Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Hi all --

Cathy -- We do anytime dining -- however-- we have a table for two. DW enjoys just the two of dining together. We have reserved the same table for

our entire b2b for 8:00 pm. A very nice table for two, not the tables for four that have a divider down the middle of the table. We have a very active CC group for this leg of our cruise and have several of us on the same tours, etc.

Earl

The Internet is now 50 cents per min.

Wow...so the value of Platinum/Elite Captain's Circle membership just went up? Is the internet cafe in the area aft of the library (as it was on the Sea)? Haven't been on it since 2003, and no free internet then.

As JulieJoe mentioned, we are planning shore activities, so any info is greatly appreciated.

Hi Earl, Thanks for your response...I am very interested in knowing about your experience in St. Thomas, docking at Crown Bay specifically. I have been reading some negative things about getting transportation. I am concerned about the time the immigration process will take also. Anything you can share about Martinique would also be appreciated. We have nothing planned there other then winging it. Perhaps you will be able to give us some advice. Thanks, Cathy

I'm no longer technically "live" but as a recent Sun cruiser I can answer some of the questions posed.

Pescado - the Internet cafe is located on the Promenade Deck (deck 7) aft, port side, just next to the aftmost(?) stairwell.

Cathy - Since we also had a private sailing excursion from Red Hook we worried about the delay caused by immigration as well. As it turned out, each cabin was assigned a number, and you were to wait for your number to be called before heading down to the Vista Lounge (aft, Promenade Deck 7). Our number was 921, which I believe was in one of the last groups called. When it was called, we walked into the lounge, and was surprised to see it relatively empty. We were in and out of it in about two minutes. From there we proceeded to the gangplank, got off of the ship, told the guy hawking cabs that we were going to Red Hook, and he directed us to one of the trolley (think Disney tram) like taxis, and within minutes we were on our way.

Even though the taxi made stops at two other places before ours, we were at the American Yacht Harbor shortly after 9:00

Thanks Augie!

Now, one more question to the thread readers...if I post live from our upcoming Sun cruises, do you think it's best to continue this thread or begin a new one that is specific to the Caribbean itineraries? I love the longevity of this thread, but people who take the time to post from a cruise want to be sure to reach (and help) the largest number of future passengers. Which way would be best?

Oh yes, keep this thread!!

Augie, We spoke a few weeks ago prior to your cruise. You were seeking info about the Rumbaba tour, which was full and you went elswhere, how was it? How much did the "taxi/tram" cost you to go to Red Hook?

You also mentioned your were assigned a number to disembark, random? It was suggested to me by Princess staff that I tell the Excursion desk we had to meet an excursion and they would see that we got off....anyone have thoughts on that option.Thanks, Cathy

Cathy,

We ended up on the Ike Witt with Captain Pat, and it was great!

I had heard that the rates from Crown Bay to Red Hook were $11/pp but our driver only asked for $20 for the two of us.

I'm not sure how the numbers for immigration were assigned. It certainly shouldn't hurt to check at the purser's desk ahead of time to see if they will assign you a lower number, but in our case it didn't matter as we got to Red Hook with time to spare.

By All means, keep this thread going.

It is too full of great information to let go.

I've learned so much here!

Keep Up The Good News Right Here For Newbies and Oldies Alike - It is Wonderful

Please, and Thank You!!:)

I totally agree...but then I might be kinda partial.:rolleyes: I think any past,present,or future Sun cruiser would benefit greatly from skimming through this thread to find the skinny on what's been going on for nearly two years.Wish it was here before I sailed her...;)

Hey Earl.....how are you managing???? I have a question I'm hoping you can find out for me.....we are contemplating going to the Rondezvous Resort on St. Lucia...did anyone from your CC group go there? We have heard conflicting reports as to whether it's worth going to. (cleanliness, crowed beach, etc). If you run across any info, it would be appreciated. We will be joining you in just a few days!!! Hope you guys are having a blast!!

Hye to both from Montreal, I was checking for a cruise for Jan 07 and by curiosity I came back to the good old LIVE FROM THE SUN and it still works! that is great.

I am looking for Norvegian Spirit on Jan 02 from NYC!

Have you ever did Cruiseforlife?

Best to all

Francois

Hye to both from Montreal, I was checking for a cruise for Jan 07 and by curiosity I came back to the good old LIVE FROM THE SUN and it still works! that is great.

I am looking for Norvegian Spirit on Jan 02 from NYC!

Have you ever did Cruiseforlife?

Best to all

Francois

Welcome back Francois,nice to hear from you again.

Yes,this old thread still has it's sea legs,amazing as that might sound.

I have never been on the Spirit.We will be doing an 11-day Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Sun's sister ship the Dawn on 12/1 so we are certainly getting excited.Roundtrip from SF means no flying for us...and that's the icing on the cake.;)

Best of luck to you old friend...

CFL

Hey CFL:

Just checked in this thread again after a bit of an absence. Can hardly believe it has almost been 2 years since we sailed together on the Sun. It seems this thread has been helpful to lots of Sun cruisers.

Enjoy your Mexican Riviera cruise in December. Not having to fly to the port has to be an added bonus. Will look forward to your reports from that cruise!

Our next cruise is Alaska on the Sapphire in August. No winter cruise this year because of that. We will miss going somewhere warm this winter.

Mary

Hey Mary...thanks for checking in!I tried to respond yesterday but you know how screwy this board gets sometimes:eek: .Glad to hear you've got one planned...to me that's almost as much fun as the actual cruise!

Yeah,this 'ol thread still has it's sea legs...unbelievable at times to me too.

Take care,

CFL

Archived