Question on new search on Carnival site

dolfndreams

Just wondering if anyone out there could help me. I am booked for the

Jan 30 Southern Carib and have early saver so check prices daily. Today there is a new search and I can't get to my date to check.

(I have windows 7) I have always had to take a bit of a round about way. I check the caribbean/San Juan/Jan which takes me to the box with all the January dates. The detail box next to my Jan 30 date will not forward me anywhere. I have always had to use the "click for details" at the top of the box then drop box down to my Jan 30.

Now the click for details takes me to Jan 9 with no option to change the date.

I did continue and clicked my catagory for pricing and it gives me the same box I have struggled with when I trying to look athe deck charts. I have always had to go to other sites to look at my deck.

The box for deck plans and for pricing shows up on the bottom 1/3 of my laptop screen and I cannot move it so can never see the bottom of the box. I can't get past a check on pricing, just using my enter key does nothing and I can't move the box to see if there is a enter key on the bottom.

Any help appreciated, really hoping not to have to call carnival every day for the next 288 days:cool:

Hoping for clues but even if not sending out a thanks for all the help in the past, this site is awesome

I make sure I am logged out, or I have trouble searching. Which ship are you on? I click on new search, then scroll down and click on my ship, then itineraires... I then do the advanced seach to make sure all the rates are checked.

Im a little confused which ship to check on.

Sometimes if you go in by date, the rates that have been coming up are flaky .. so I go in and click on the ship and go in that way.

Just wondering if anyone out there could help me. I am booked for the

Jan 30 Southern Carib and have early saver so check prices daily. Today there is a new search and I can't get to my date to check.

(I have windows 7) I have always had to take a bit of a round about way. I check the caribbean/San Juan/Jan which takes me to the box with all the January dates. The detail box next to my Jan 30 date will not forward me anywhere. I have always had to use the "click for details" at the top of the box then drop box down to my Jan 30.

Now the click for details takes me to Jan 9 with no option to change the date.

I did continue and clicked my catagory for pricing and it gives me the same box I have struggled with when I trying to look athe deck charts. I have always had to go to other sites to look at my deck.

The box for deck plans and for pricing shows up on the bottom 1/3 of my laptop screen and I cannot move it so can never see the bottom of the box. I can't get past a check on pricing, just using my enter key does nothing and I can't move the box to see if there is a enter key on the bottom.

Any help appreciated, really hoping not to have to call carnival every day for the next 288 days:cool:

Hoping for clues but even if not sending out a thanks for all the help in the past, this site is awesome

Try ----

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

· Use the blue QUICK SEARCH Box on Carnival.com Home Page to fill-in your cruise information (Month/year, Embarkation Port, Destination, Cruise Length). Select the "Special Rates" link and select your State of Residence from the drop-down list, and the promo rates (Past Guest, 55+) that you're eligible for,. Click on the SEARCH link.

· The next display will be the SEARCH RESULTS display for ALL THE CRUISES that fit your search criteria. There will be a line for each Cruise; across that line, the fare being offered for the lowest available Cabin classification within each Category (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) is displayed. If you click on the Category title, the Cabin classifications that are included in that Category are displayed (e.g., for INTERIOR the display might show Cabin classifications 1A, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G and 4H. PT Porthole. 4J Picture Window (obstructed views as being included in INTERIOR The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category. Find your specific Cruise/Date line and click on the DETAILS link.

· This CRUISE SUMMARY page displays Cabin Selection info, Itinerary Info and Ship Info for the specific Cruise you selected. To proceed with Cabin Selection you have to Click the “SELECT” button under the Cabin Category (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) thatyou’re interested in. The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category.

· The next display will be the RATES PAGE for the Cabin Category (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) that you just selected. There will be a line for the standard FunSelect, FunSaver (and EarlySaver if still being offered) Rates. Then, the 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the or Resident Rate (for the State you selected earlier) is displayed, ONLY IF they are currently being offered. If you did a Cruise Search and entered your state, 55+ and Past Guest, there will be a Resident Rate line, a 55+ Rate Line and a Past Guest Rate displayed here ONLY if that rate is currently being offered for your specific cruise (and for the Resident Rate, for the State you entered). The Fare displayed alongside each of the the FunSelect, FunSaver, 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the Resident Rate line NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Booking Rate; it’s the Fare for the lowest available Cabin classification in that Rate for the Category you selected. Select the Rate you’re interested-in, Select the number of Guests, and Click on the “CONTINUE” link.

• The next display will be the STATEROOM PAGE for the CATEGORY and RATE that you previously selected. Click on CATEGORY at the top of the display (or on the blue EDIT in the middle of the display).

FINALLY, The next display will be the Listing of all the STATEROOM CATEGORIES and their FARES for the Booking Rate that you selected (FunSelect, FunSaver, EarlySaver, 55+, PastGuest, Residency). The Booking Info, Fare Code, Govt Fees and taxes for the booking will be displayed in the right-border. This is where you see the actual rates for each cabin classification within a CATEGORY.

ken

I'm on the Victory. I will try your suggestion and log out and see if it helps.

I did follow the procedure above to look up cruises but the problem I keep running into is while the cruise on my date lists, the detail button to the Jan 30 cruise will not forward me to the next screen. I stay frozen on that screen unless I use the smaller link above which only takes me to the Jan 9 cruise. it must just be a glitch on my laptop.

Thanks for the advice anyway. I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks so much Firefly, I tried it using the ship to find the link and got in the back door at least to the cruise date.

Still can't get the box to move up higher to find the enter button for final pricing on my 1A but I'll keep trying. The darn box will not raise higher on the laptop screen, I can scroll on the side but not far enough down. I'm making progress anyway,

Really appreciate the help both of you.

Thanks so much Firefly, I tried it using the ship to find the link and got in the back door at least to the cruise date.

Still can't get the box to move up higher to find the enter button for final pricing on my 1A but I'll keep trying. The darn box will not raise higher on the laptop screen, I can scroll on the side but not far enough down. I'm making progress anyway,

Can you describe the Page that you're talking about here - I'm not quite sure. Are you on the page that displays ALL the Categories in descending order? ken

I'm running windows 7 also, but don't see this problem.

• Maybe try temoporarily running at a higher resolution?

• Maybe try temporarily changing the "magnification" at bottom right corner of display above the time/date?

If we can't resolve this, you may just want to do your daily price check on one of the large on-line TA sites?

ken

Archived