princess daphne

seabourndt

Has anyone been looking into shore excursions from the different ports we sail into? I a led to believe that ones from the ship can be dearer than those obtained dockside. Interested to hear from anyone.

happy g (lynne)

hi all

not long before we set sail on the 28th dec will give you a review when we get back as for the shore excursions we have been advised that we have to select the tours we want to do before 4th dec the travel agent sent us the list of tours and price to select and send back to them before that date as they wont have time on the ship to organise the tours if we recieve any more info will past it on to you all.:)

I think you should be very careful about booking tours yourself and not using the ones organised by the cruise ship. If the Cruise ship is delayed getting into port the tour you have booked yourself will not wait for you where as if you are on a tour organised by the cruise ship the tour will wait for you.

I was on the Sun Princess this year and that happened to some of the passenger on our cruise who tried to save money missed out on their tour. They could see their tour leaving before they got to shore. Our tour waited for us so we happy we had paid the little bit extra.

Not long until we all go cruising

Hi Everyone,

Yes, there are good reasons why sticking to the ship-organised tours is best.

However, I was reading reviews etc a while back, and people were recommending taking a taxi in Vietnamese ports is a good way to see the sights, and not very expensive.

Jimmy4au, do we understand that you have a list of tours and prices for your cruise already? How do the tour prices look?

From Lesley

Hi all, just joined yesterday after searching for info on Princess Daphne, found this forum. Wife & I are on the HK to Singapore cruise on 23rd March. This is our 4th cruise, 1st two on "Superstar Gemini" & "Legend of the Seas" in March including a Rome tour. Would like to see a list of shore excursions on this Princess Daphne cruise if anyone knows where to look.

Thanks

Would like to see a list of shore excursions on this Princess Daphne cruise if anyone knows where to look.

Thanks

I called CIC International Cruises on 1800 990 857 and asked for their shore excursions for our cruise on the 24th January 2011.

They will send you a .pdf file. Make sure they also send a price list as well.

Cheers,

Chris

And quite a few of us will look forward to meeting you on the 23rd March or thereabouts. I guess, closer to the cruise, we will arrange a meet and greet rendezvous.

Chris@aanet, thanks for that info. We will ring and get tour and price information.

Thanks Jimmy4au, those prices sound about average these days, and at least we know where we are with Australian Dollars.

Regards to all, Lesley

I called CIC International Cruises on 1800 990 857 and asked for their shore excursions for our cruise on the 24th January 2011.

They will send you a .pdf file. Make sure they also send a price list as well.

Cheers,

Chris

Evening All

Thanks Chris, that was spot on. A helpful young lady called Sally emailed me a tour list & prices for the 24th March cruise.I'll be keen to hear the results of your January cruise. Thanks again. Jim

Hi chris@aanet, we all look forward to meeting you and Daphen in January.

Likewise.

Have you had a look at the shore excursions for our cruise?

We don't usually do excursions - we like to make our own arrangements, but there are a couple that I'm considering.

Hi Everyone,

We have been away for a few days, and have just today got the email from CIC (Narelle this time, not Sally) with the shore excursions for our cruises. They look exciting, but I am still waiting for the prices, and have emailed and asked for them.

We are keen to have a ride on a Bullet train, and see that the excursion to Kyoto brings us back to Kobe on the Bullet train, so that one is a must.

From Lesley and Des

Still wondering if anyone else out there has booked on the Princess Daphne for early 2011?

Hi Matilda, I have booked on the Princess Daphne for February, 2011. I'm a 1st time cruiser and very much looking forward to the trip.:)

Hi all

9 sleeps before we head off got our tickets every thing looks find just one

thing is that your cant take any alcohol on board they want you to drink at the bars:mad:

Might have to hide some in the suit case ;) will keep you update on things

cheers

I reckon you will have a great time on your first cruise. Most of us have cruised before, so if you have any general queries, just ask and we will try to answer.

Jimmy4au - 9 sleeps, wow! Our countdown is on 79 sleeps, and even that seems good! Have a wonderful time, and we will pick your brains when you return.

Matilda

Hi Jimmy 4 au We leave on the 13th january and in the brochure rules it states that your are allowed 1 litre of alcohol per adult per cabin so let us know what hapens when you get back have a great trip from opshop

Hello All

Has anyone travelling to China on any of the Princess Daphne cruises been asked to get their own Visa for China. Our travel agent has advised us to get our own. On previous cruises I have travelled on the Visa was arranged on Board.

Just wondered what others know about this.

Thanks to those advising about getting details of the tours.

When the Cruise Office is open again after the Xmas break Im going to phone and get the tour broucher and will also ask the question about the

obtaining of a Visa for China.

I will post the reponse that I get

Nola

Our travel agent forwarded an email from Classic International Cruises stating that "all guests must obtain a visa for China from their home country prior to boarding the ship regardless of whether they intend to go ashore"

Actually, because we are also doing the Hong Kong to Singapore cruise, and calling in at Sanya, China on that trip, we have to get a multiple entry visa.

The email also says that tickets will not be released until visa information is received.

On our Hong Kong to Singapore cruise the ship is going to arrange a transit visa for Vietnam, and visas for Cambodia will be issued on arrival. We have to take a passport-type photo so that the Cambodian visa can be completed there.

So, that's it. We are in the middle of arranging our Chinese visas now, and I know that Firstcruise already have theirs.

Hey, Jimmy4au, you are leaving on Princess Daphne tomorrow. Bon Voyage!!

Matilda

Hi everyone - I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a little while as my husband and I and a few friends are looking for a cruise for later next year and I've been keen on the Princess Daphne because of her size. Husband and I cruised twice on the Star Cruise ship Gemini out of Singapore (once around the Andaman Sea - Malacca, Phuket, Port Klang etc and once on the other side up to Ho Chi Minh City via Koh Samui) and absolutely loved it. We are keen to have a similar experience on the Daphne. I'm sure the bigger ships are great and have a lot more to offer in the way of entertainment but I'm just sold on the smaller, more intimate cruise ship concept.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experiences as your feedback will really decide me on whether to go with this ship or not. Once that's decided then I'll just been to pick which itinerary!

Happy sailing everyone - looking forward to reading about your experiences and will happily provide any info on our previous cruising experiences (limited though they may be).

Andrea

Our travel agent has also advised us to get our own visa for china as well as taking passport photos for the Vietnam and Cambodia visits. Tickets arent issued until proof of the chinese visa given. I have heard the chinese visa can be a bit slow in obtaining. If you are lucky to live in WA, Perth has a chinese embassy otherwise its Sydney for us Territorians.

cheers

happyg (lynne):)

Hi everyone - I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a little while as my husband and I and a few friends are looking for a cruise for later next year and I've been keen on the Princess Daphne because of her size. Husband and I cruised twice on the Star Cruise ship Gemini out of Singapore (once around the Andaman Sea - Malacca, Phuket, Port Klang etc and once on the other side up to Ho Chi Minh City via Koh Samui) and absolutely loved it. We are keen to have a similar experience on the Daphne. I'm sure the bigger ships are great and have a lot more to offer in the way of entertainment but I'm just sold on the smaller, more intimate cruise ship concept.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experiences as your feedback will really decide me on whether to go with this ship or not. Once that's decided then I'll just been to pick which itinerary!

Happy sailing everyone - looking forward to reading about your experiences and will happily provide any info on our previous cruising experiences (limited though they may be).

Andrea

Hi Andrea

I cant tell you about the "Daphne" but we have just got back from a 3 day trip to nowhere on "Athena" we all had a wonderfull time! The ship is so friendly, immaculate, great happy crew, fabulous shows and wonderfull food,

We have also been on Gemini, Cunard, HAL etc, but would recommend CIC cruises to anyone!

Anne

Hi All

My Partner and I are booked on the Princess Daphne on the 6th March and after going through this web site and others have a fair idea what to expect. A smaller ship will be a change from the Mamoth floating cities We normally travel on. It is not going to be glam and glitz, however it looks comfortable and on the whole I read the service and food is good, also the itinerary looks great. Japan should be scenic in March with the Cherry Blossoms. On the whole the ports of call look interesting and out of a 17 night cruise we spend 8 full days at sea which is good for relaxation.

Thanks to those members with information on the Visas. We are going in this coming week(hopeing they are back form the christmas break) and taking the passports in. All that is left to do now is the packing. I hate packing and unpacking but I like to travel. A strange combination.

Hi All

My husband and I will also be travelling on "Daphne" on 13th January. This will be our second cruise, having sailed on Virgo around Thailand. We are looking forward to a smaller, more intimate ship experience. We have booked a couple of tours privately in HCMC and Bangkok rather than take the ship tours, we liked the looks of the tours provided but had a couple of requirements that you cannot do on a group tour...........like visiting a tailor! We will be doing the ship tours in the other locations.

Well here is hoping we all have a wonderful time.

Regards

Cruizerofperth

Archived