National Express Luggage Limits

Anyone have any experience with how strict they are with the luggage limits?

I have booked a fun fare Victoria-Dover for DW and me and will have luggage for a 12 day baltic. Likely 4 cases of just under 50lbs and a couple carry-ons ( computer bags, etc ). Any chance we get told no go, too heavy?

Anyone have any experience with how strict they are with the luggage limits?

I have booked a fun fare Victoria-Dover for DW and me and will have luggage for a 12 day baltic. Likely 4 cases of just under 50lbs and a couple carry-ons ( computer bags, etc ). Any chance we get told no go, too heavy?

No prob.

According to my maths, just under 50lb is about 22kg. & betwen you, you have 4 cases. Nat Express quote 2 x 20kg cases per person, their drivers don't carry scales & they're not interested in a few kilos

Hand luggage should fit under your seat or on the overhead rack, but I can't see you being tipped off if it doesn't.

I've never heard of anyone being refused, but if your coach is over-loaded and someone has to be left behind, it wont be you - it'll be someone who's grossly ott.

So, like Simon said, no prob.

John Bull

Dave

as the others have already said, it will be no problem. We did the exact same thing last year, and basically went for ther bus instead of the train because we did have a lot of luggage and it was hard for me to handle some of it. Unless you have a really 'large' suitcase, one that would sort of 'stand out' in a crowd, I would not anticipate any problems. We stowed 4 suitcases, and carried on 3 other things. Just tip the driver a pound or two and everytime will be as pleased as punch.

Cheers

Len

Archived