screen shot?

Tiffanyiris

okay maybe i am too computer dumb to do this but when i went to do a screen shot of the ES rate, i pushed the Print Screen button, then nothing happened. then i went to look in it in Windows Clipboard (following instructions from a previous post) and i dont think i have Windows Clipboard? im lost. im confused. i need help.

I personally go to accessories and paste it into Paint. I know Ken for some reason talks about clipboard, but I dont get why.

You will have Paint program, probably under accessories, click the word Paste and then "save as" and change it to a jpg, which is a very common format. Then I save it on my desktop if its for a price drop, where I have easy access. I delete it once I have no more use for it, so its ok to save to my desktop for a short while.

You do have to paste it somewhere, into some program, be it clipboard, or Paint or word etc. I dont use word because its not on my computer and even if I did, not everyone else has it so they cant open it. Everyone can open a jpg picture format file

okay maybe i am too computer dumb to do this but when i went to do a screen shot of the ES rate, i pushed the Print Screen button, then nothing happened. then i went to look in it in Windows Clipboard (following instructions from a previous post) and i dont think i have Windows Clipboard? im lost. im confused. i need help.

Try "Shift" "Print Screen" . Then, if you can, download and install Irfanview, it is a free picture viewer/editor software. In Irfanview you can paste the screenshot as a new image. That is what I use because you can crop only what you want to use from the screenshot.

Good Luck.

I personally go to accessories and paste it into Paint. I know Ken for some reason talks about clipboard, but I dont get why.

You will have Paint program, probably under accessories, click the word Paste and then "save as" and change it to a jpg, which is a very common format. Then I save it on my desktop if its for a price drop, where I have easy access. I delete it once I have no more use for it, so its ok to save to my desktop for a short while.

You do have to paste it somewhere, into some program, be it clipboard, or Paint or word etc. I dont use word because its not on my computer and even if I did, not everyone else has it so they cant open it. Everyone can open a jpg picture format file

ahhh ha! that worked like a charm! thank you so much!!

Just to Clarify! When you do PrintScreen, the screen display is automatically copied by Windows to the "Windows ClipBoard" - when you Paste to Paint, Word, E-Mail, etc., the contents of the Windows Clipboard is transferred. ken

Try "Shift" "Print Screen" . Then, if you can, download and install Irfanview, it is a free picture viewer/editor software. In Irfanview you can paste the screenshot as a new image. That is what I use because you can crop only what you want to use from the screenshot.

Good Luck.

Nice touch. thanks

The colors on the keys of my keyboard indicate I would have to use the Fn key with prt sc . . .instead of shift . . . does that make any sense?:confused:

Just for Fun, Try:

prt scr, then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

Shift prt sc , then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

Alt prt sc, then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

Fn prt sc, then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

ken

You need to open MS Word or MS Works or a software that allows you to paste documents into it. you can use Word, PowerPoint, and any desktop publishing software. Right click and select paste on a new document and the screenshot will be pasted onto the page and then you can resize it to your liking.

Print Screen only captures what is on the visible portion of the screen and copies it to a clipboard until you right click to paste it somewhere else.

Just for Fun, Try:

prt scr, then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

Shift prt sc , then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

Alt prt sc, then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

Fn prt sc, then Paste in your word processor and see what you get.

ken

ROFLMAO . . . I get NOTHING from any of them ??? :confused:. . . but, in fairness, I'm using an old "beater" laptop that's 6-7 years old while my desktop is in the hospital. Thanks anyway, Ken.:)

You need to open MS Word or MS Works or a software that allows you to paste documents into it. you can use Word, PowerPoint, and any desktop publishing software. Right click and select paste on a new document and the screenshot will be pasted onto the page and then you can resize it to your liking.

Print Screen only captures what is on the visible portion of the screen and copies it to a clipboard until you right click to paste it somewhere else.

... or paint, which allows for a more easily opened jpg file when you paste it in.

word and works both are a format that only people with that program can open.. when people send me stuff in that format, I just delete it and dont say anything, since they dont listen when I tell them to quit sending me that format that I cant open. (jokes and stuff, that I dont feel its worth downloading the programs to open).

As for those of us with a Mac computer, it's a slightly different method. I should know - I just spent 5 min. looking for my print screen button, before I came to the conclusion that Macs don't have one! :o (In my defense, I've only come over recently to a Mac, but we now have both in the house. Ensures that the kids grow up computer "bilingual." Took them just about an hour to be proficient. :p)

Then I spent another 10 min. researching how Macs capture a screen shot and practicing getting some. It's not hard, but will capture it as a dot png file, then you should save that as a jpg for universal emailing. The nice thing is that I can capture the whole screen or pick and choose the section I want to save.

As for those of us with a Mac computer, it's a slightly different method. I should know - I just spent 5 min. looking for my print screen button, before I came to the conclusion that Macs don't have one! :o (In my defense, I've only come over recently to a Mac, but we now have both in the house.

Yeah! I love the Mac - just bought our first one in December... So, here is how for those who do not know:

Print full screen - hold down command + shift + 3

Take a picture of just a part of the screen: hold down command + shift + 4, then select your area with the click and drag of the mouse. Keep your volume up - it has the best sound effect!

Fun-fun-fun!

here is a sample of the partial screen shot :D

972809855_Screenshot2010-04-25at7_49_01PM.png.7c7ea1f379a419d768d64370d4233360.png

Yeah! I love the Mac - just bought our first one in December... So, here is how for those who do not know:

Take a picture of just a part of the screen: hold down command + shift + 4, then select your area with the click and drag of the mouse. Keep your volume up - it has the best sound effect!

Fun-fun-fun!

agreeed! mac has best print screen option .. so if u have something in the background u dont want others to see .. u can just choose wat u want in ur print screen shot :p tehehe

Fun-fun-fun!

Sorry! Should have thought to put in the instructions of how-to while I was at it. Duh!:o Thanks, APDMOM!

Nunu - Good to know iPhone is also capable of such . . . looking that way for our next cell!

Just go into Microsoft paint and hold down the ctrl and v keys simultaneously.

Archived